Why do Western men marry Thai girls of ill-repute?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people post one liners and not be able to back up what they post ? Troll ?

I guess that is why there is a block feature

Why do people make cowardly posts like this rather than directly challenging someone they have an issue with?

Why do some people call 'troll' whenever they encounter somebody who doesn't share their views? Perhaps they'd prefer this place to be a boy's club for those who married a bar girl?

You post" why would someone not marry someone their own age"

The subject matter of my post being old farangs marrying old Thai girls.

Your post is not a real question but a statement ..... As in saying what is wrong with that. After explaining my reasoning you still troll ...

Girls, put your handbags down. There has actually been a refreshingly interesting discussion going on here without insecure <deleted> posting their pettiness for everyone to see. Yes Soibiker I mean you. If you want to get your panties in a twist with another poster why don't you use the PM button and save the rest of us from your anger.

However if you have something interesting to add to the thread please share it with us.

You post" why would someone not marry someone their own age"

The subject matter of my post being old farangs marrying old Thai girls.

Your post is not a real question but a statement ..... As in saying what is wrong with that. After explaining my reasoning you still troll ...

I posted that because you stated that no 65 year old man would fall in love with a 65 year old woman - a point I found rather strange.

It was a question. You answered it by asking me about my thai partner, which was also rather strange.

Nevertheless you do seem to have attempted to explain your reasoning. I'm not sure I agree with it, but then wouldn't it be a rather dull world if we all agreed?

In what way am I trolling?

Girls, put your handbags down. There has actually been a refreshingly interesting discussion going on here without insecure <deleted> posting their pettiness for everyone to see. Yes Soibiker I mean you. If you want to get your panties in a twist with another poster why don't you use the PM button and save the rest of us from your anger.

Rather an ironic post, this.

Why wouldn't you fall in love with someone your own age?

How old is you Thai wife or girlfriend ?

We are attracted by beauty at first. When you have many much younger Thai ladies to pick from why would you pick one who is old ? Most Thais don't age well ....

Perhaps it would help get things back on track if I addressed the second part of this post - if I might be allowed to despite my lacking a thai partner?

Looks are not necessarily everyone's prime motivation in picking a partner. One might chose someone nearer your own age because you had more in common with them, which would seem a reasonable basis for a relationship.

All woman are whores. Even your mother. No woman marries a homeless guy with good looks, a great personality.......but Absolutely no money or prospects in life

The point is that "whore" should not be a pejorative term in 2014. Instead, delusional idiots who carry the ideological and philosophical baggage of last century should be the subjects of derision.

Males not only marry for money, they are also the biggest "bitches." Unquestionable.

Edited by tookwan cottage

Why wouldn't you fall in love with someone your own age?

How old is you Thai wife or girlfriend ?

We are attracted by beauty at first. When you have many much younger Thai ladies to pick from why would you pick one who is old ? Most Thais don't age well ....

Perhaps it would help get things back on track if I addressed the second part of this post - if I might be allowed to despite my lacking a thai partner?

Looks are not necessarily everyone's prime motivation in picking a partner. One might chose someone nearer your own age because you had more in common with them, which would seem a reasonable basis for a relationship.

Obviously you have never talked to a 65 year old woman who you weren't related to. They like cats and crafty stuff and talking about tumors. I like Kpop, go go clubs, and adventure sports. I have far more in common with a 25 year old hooker than Martha Stewart or Oprah.

• Like 2

Soibiker.... I don't believe a 65 year old farang would have anything, I mean anything, to talk about with a 65 year old Thai lady let alone courting one. Even if he could speak Thai which chances are he can't. Younger Thais are just much more up on current events and technology.

Farang dating farang maybe but not Farang and Thai. That is unless they were already together for 40 years.... Or perhaps are both from same country... Both American or English or French etc .

I will go out on a limb and say it has never happened. I really don't think it has ever happened !

I guess some people are more mature than others. I don't think your generalisations about older women necessarily hold true though.

How many older women do you know and spend quality time with?

(mom excluded)

DAM_M TLT beat me to it!

(I've actually had the thought that SB doesn't interact with any woman at all, and his "women" posts are all theory)

PS

I regularly spend time with a couple of western women in their 70s, several Thai women in their 50s, along with an assortment of ladies in the 15-40 age range. For company, I have most in common with the Thai ladies at the younger end of the spectrum (15-30), as they listen to the music I like, go to the movies, will join me for sports (swimming, cycling, running) and our children can all play together. But the ones in their 30s are best for night time entertainment.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

But if physical attractiveness is your thing--which it is for a lot of men, more so than women--then you just can't beat youth. No 65 year old woman alive can stack-up to a 25 year old. Heck, not even a 45 year old can compete with a 25 year old. It's not even a fair fight. So I can understand an older guy's attraction to a younger woman. All that other stuff about compatibility, integrity, personality...yeah fine, just so long as she's a top notch hottie.

Back in the US, shortly before running away to Thailand, I had two gfs at the same time.

One was 60, we went to loads of social and professional events, dinners at romantic restaurants, Thanksgiving dinners with her family, etc.

The other was 23, and used to slip into my house at bedtime, and let herself out after breakfast.

(I was 50ish at the time)

It was the perfect arrangement, UNTIL Miss 60 started asking for sleepovers, then it all went to the dogs.

I know a few women that age. You'd be surprised at how young at heart and open minded they can be.

Amused by the suggestion that I never interact with any women. It's hilarious how confused you guys are by anyone who doesn't conform to your stereotype.

I know a few women that age. You'd be surprised at how young at heart and open minded they can be.

Amused by the suggestion that I never interact with any women. It's hilarious how confused you guys are by anyone who doesn't conform to your stereotype.

Have you ever spoken to a 65 year old woman (not a relative like you're mom) about sex?

Can anyone give me some advice as to where I can find a decent website that is basically for Westerners only? It would be nice to get information without having to deal with and be hassled by Thais who have very little understanding of the Western way of thinking.

There are Thai people here?

That would seem to be the case. Some of the crap that is said here about farang guys has to come from the Thai because why would a farang talk so negatively about another farang like that?

• Like 1

If you're so keen on the western way of living, why live in the east?

I didn't say anything about the Western way of living. I was talking about the Western way of thinking. But since you mentioned it, I'm only here because of business obligations and quite frankly I have no real love for the place at all. Not that I dislike it or anything but to me every country can be a nice place or a bad place to live- it all depends on $$$ and an individual's particular situation.

When you throw in the fact that the typical farang guy is: (1) looking for a much younger girlfriend/wife (something fairly uncommon in traditional Thai society); (2) not socially well-established in Thai circles, (3) has limited fluency in the Thai language and, (4) is here temporarily (at least initially), the number of venues to socially interact with Thai women begins to shrink considerably. With the ready availability of beer bars and other entertainment venues which cater to just such a clientele, it should come as little surprise that many, if not most, farang guy/Thai woman relationships which take root are incubated in these settings.

Completely wrong, (1) the very highest levels of traditional Thai society want (and have) a younger gf/wife.