Hawaii's 'Teddy's Bigger Burgers' expanding to Thailand

webfact

I imagine they're going to be using Thai beef, which will means they won't taste anything like the Hawaii version.

This is very true. Thai beef sucks big time.
It certainly does my friend and you can't cut it with a chainsaw. Thai's don't have actual beef farms or experience so you can't blame them for the crap quality. Aussie beef is by far the best in the world

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expected repsonses by the holier than thou tv brigage. I've seriously never come across so many perfect people all in one place in my whole life.

I sincerely hope I never meet any of you.

Did you know there are actually serious bans on the advertising of American food in Australia? They are actually calling for a total ban, same is they did for tobacco. American food is in Australia considered a serious health risk.

that's exactly what Thailand needs , more American junk food .... thought they wanted to fight obesity in Thailand ?

Come on guys, just admit that you're jealous of all the American junk food available here but no Brit has opened a Chip Butty shop. I mean what could be more exciting than deep-fried potatoes stuffed between two pieces of white bread? (NOTE: this post is just a bit of sarcasm meant to be funny. Please don't anybody take offence.)

agree with you but I am not a brit ..... worse , I am french !!

The posters who who dispatched Teddy's of Thailand with a dismissive 'Rubbage' or 'Garbish' were justified. But wait, what I crave is White Castle - bag a' ten a buck! Now that's some burgers. Jonesing In 'n Out no-extra-charge animal, too - could be big here. And where's the hot dog franchise when you need one. One killer hot dog, well garnished, well presented, and well promoted, could change 7-11 forever, but they'd have to add a splash of mustard yellow to the faded red, white and green logo. They'd probably also have to have a separate cart in or in front of the store to give perceptual separation from a hum-drum Seven. Heaven if they offered fries fried in pig fat - everything wrapped in a sheet of The Bankok Post. Great food that gives power to the prayer, "Be Still, My Heart!"

Did you know that one of the two White Castle founders, Walt A. Anderson, is credited with inventing the hamburger bun?

Further, On January 14, 2014, Time magazine labelled the White Castle slider to be the most influential burger of all time.

It sounds like White Castle is a pretty important player in the world of hamburgers. If there aren't any of their places in Thailand, maybe it's a good investment idea. Anybody up for getting a franchise here?

The best burger you can have are those home made , its so easy to make a burger with good product ..... there is some quite good thai beef , (Thai french company) organic vegetable etc ....

Agree on everything except the Thai beef, even Thai mince beef will break your teeth. It is old bulls and road kill. Guess as an Aussie I am use to dinning on premium aussie beef Edited by Kooweerup

Just what the country needs another disgusting American Junk Food chain. Can't stand American food it is poisonous and this one also looks set to block the arteries of many Thais

Every "disgusting American junk food chain" I have gone into here in Thailand is ALWAYS filled with Thais. They seem to love it. Burger King, Carls Jr, McD's, KFC, etc etc.

I suppose you are going to say that you know better than the Thai people eh.......how colonial of you.thumbsup.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The best burger you can have are those home made , its so easy to make a burger with good product ..... there is some quite good thai beef , (Thai french company) organic vegetable etc ....

Agree on everything except the Thai beef, even Thai mince beef will break your teeth. It is old bulls and road kill. Guess as an Aussie I am use to dinning on premium aussie beef

You can keep your ozzy steroid beef. Stuff I bought from Macro was tougher than the Thai beef.

How much Spam do they have in them?

I can't help but think of that old Monty Python song.......spam spam spam spam....

And just why the he!! is Spam so popular in Hawaii?

Just what Thai kids need, eh? Unhealthy food from another corporate food company more interested in the bottom line than making food fit for human consumption. Who was it that said the growth of fast western foods in Thailand exactly mirrored the growth of western-style health problems in kids: obesity, asthma, behavioural problems, learning difficulties and so on. Shame on this company for expoliting peoples' weakness for eating cr*p.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I can't help but think of that old Monty Python song.......spam spam spam spam....

Just what Thai kids need, eh? Unhealthy food from another corporate food company more interested in the bottom line than making food fit for human consumption. Who was it that said the growth of fast western foods in Thailand exactly mirrored the growth of western-style health problems in kids: obesity, asthma, behavioural problems, learning difficulties and so on. Shame on this company for expoliting peoples' weakness for eating cr*p.

Have you seen what they serve in the stalls outside of most schools nowadays? If you dont like burgers then dont eat them. Burgers are not that unhealthy, its the soft drinks that are. Fries fried in polyunsaturated veg oil is also toxic, but the burgers are not. Now if they fried the fries in lard then I would eat them.

YUM.jpgteddys-bigger-burgers-honolulu-hi-burger

These look pretty good.

Has anyone ever tasted a Teddy's Bigger Burger?

Any resemblance between the advertising photos and the delivered product is purely coincidental.

If they're the advertising photos, Lord help everybody. They make me feel like puking. sad.png

Go 'head, knock yourself out, man! What'r you waitin' for?

I eat at Teddy's when Im in Hawaii, great burgers but severely expensive and the flavor of the beef varies. Sometimes its full of flavor, other times there is no taste at all.

Burgers are already at the $10 mark in Hawaii. Burgers in Thailand should not exceed 150 baht

R.I.P. Teddy

Whopper with cheese, no mayo; 470 cal. Thai fried rice 350G serving; 450 cal

55mg chol 40mg chol

840mg sodium 634mg sodium

57g carbs 62g carbs

13g sugars 5g sugars

Regular BK cheeseburger 360 cal

50mg chol

6mg sugars

Doesn't look like a big difference to me.

I eat at Teddy's when Im in Hawaii, great burgers but severely expensive and the flavor of the beef varies. Sometimes its full of flavor, other times there is no taste at all.

Burgers are already at the $10 mark in Hawaii. Burgers in Thailand should not exceed 150 baht

R.I.P. Teddy

10 USD for a hamburger. You have to be kidding me. Mince steak which comprises of the left overs, noses, uteruses, the hoofs and Americans charge 10 USD for what was once fertiliser. Talk about junk food and the U.S is about to poison you and screw yo over again Thailand. You say you have never been colonised? What a joke the U.S has you by your balls and is poisoning you. Hamburgers, doughnuts, coke and everything else. You are colonised and don't even know it

Have you seen what they serve in the stalls outside of most schools nowadays? If you dont like burgers then dont eat them. Burgers are not that unhealthy, its the soft drinks that are. Fries fried in polyunsaturated veg oil is also toxic, but the burgers are not. Now if they fried the fries in lard then I would eat them.

It's not necessarily that Burgers per se are unhealthy, but the whole package, including this growth in encouraging Thais to eat wheat which is incredibly bad for a lot of Thais and is also causing health problems. The animals that make this beef are fed steroids, so that doesn't help either. To repeat, Thais do not need Western Fast Food. But western fast food companies need Thais (etc) to increase their bottom line. To me when I see the enormous amount of obese, hugely obese peeps in the USA,........ say no more

Expected repsonses by the holier than thou tv brigage. I've seriously never come across so many perfect people all in one place in my whole life.

Did you know there are actually serious bans on the advertising of American food in Australia? They are actually calling for a total ban, same is they did for tobacco. American food is in Australia considered a serious health risk.

post deleted

Edited by dcutman

The posters who who dispatched Teddy's of Thailand with a dismissive 'Rubbage' or 'Garbish' were justified. But wait, what I crave is White Castle - bag a' ten a buck! Now that's some burgers. Jonesing In 'n Out no-extra-charge animal, too - could be big here. And where's the hot dog franchise when you need one. One killer hot dog, well garnished, well presented, and well promoted, could change 7-11 forever, but they'd have to add a splash of mustard yellow to the faded red, white and green logo. They'd probably also have to have a separate cart in or in front of the store to give perceptual separation from a hum-drum Seven. Heaven if they offered fries fried in pig fat - everything wrapped in a sheet of The Bankok Post. Great food that gives power to the prayer, "Be Still, My Heart!"

Regarding the White Castle burgers, Yes Sir, many times I have gobbled down many White Castle burgers late at night after some serious beer drinking...made me sleep like a baby with a full stomach of beer and White Castle burgers. Life just don't get any better.

Well good for the Ausies, dont eat it. Better yet dont say a peep about it.

misinformation. Fast food advertising is restricted during children's peak viewing times. Hamburgers have been an Aussie staple for my lifetime (60+) it's just a pity most sold now are McD/BK variety, without the beetroot and pineapple of a real works.

Why do I have this image of a giant mutant burger expanding beyond Hawaii and coming ashore on the coast of Thailand, all the time getting bigger and bigger and bigger.....

Maybe my spam filter is not working.

R.I.P. Teddy

10 USD for a hamburger. You have to be kidding me. Mince steak which comprises of the left overs, noses, uteruses, the hoofs and Americans charge 10 USD for what was once fertiliser. Talk about junk food and the U.S is about to poison you and screw yo over again Thailand. You say you have never been colonised? What a joke the U.S has you by your balls and is poisoning you. Hamburgers, doughnuts, coke and everything else. You are colonised and don't even know it

I am assuming you are just a nasty old man from OZ that bitches about everything. Try to get a life A$$ H0le.

Some people think OZ food taste like and is sheit as well.

Now if they fried the fries in lard then I would eat them.

Me too. I'm old enough to remember when the fast food places switched from lard to vegetable oils. They did it because the lard was "bad for you" Fries were never the same, but we adapted to our lowered expectations- kicking and screaming- but we adapted (though I'm sure they tossed in some dodgy chemicals just to ease the adjustment).

Next year, we're going to find out that deep fried and breaded bacon, cheese and mayo sandwiches are good for you and all those green veggies cause sterility and senility....