Recent Suvarnabhumi entry experience - multi-entry ED visa

G'day all,

I currently hold a 12 month multi-entry ED visa and recently re-entered Suvarnabhumi. I had spent two days in Phnom Penh. Just thought I would share that I had no issues re-entering, although I did carry documents from my language school (eg. letter, textbook, etc) and proof of finances just in case I was asked to provide any evidence. The immigration officer was courteous and polite and his only question to me was "What are you doing in Thailand?" to which I could obviously answer in Thai.

Hope this helps anyone for what it's worth..

Cheers,

ptorphy.

I usually speak the same language as what is asked of me. I recently went through Suvarnabhumi coming from Cambodia as well. Had to speak some Thai to the superior officer, actually read a few lines of the newspaper. No issues just a tense moment waiting for them to arrive and then have a look through my passport. I would assume that if someone was to go through Suvarnabhumi then they shouldn't have any worries anywhere else because they would be under a lot of pressure to make sure they make the correct decisions.

I think a lot of factors can determine the outcome in this interaction outside of 'your papers being in order' and I read somewhere recently that decisions are final. So far so good. smile.png

Did the immigration chap speak to you in Thai when he asked what you were doing in Thailand??

No - he asked the question in English and I answered in Thai. As horsewell said, I would also usually speak the same language but I thought it more respectful and helped to establish I could in fact speak some limited Thai. I expected some more follow up questions such as where do I live, what school etc (all of which I could also answer) but they were never asked.

Cheers,

ptorphy.