needed for multiple non O savannakhet

Dear all,

Just to confirm that I will take everything needed for the multiple non O from Savannakhet.

Things seem to change quick and it would be a waste of time and money if I would miss out on one thing. The latest info is always appreciated.

Needed:

1. 1x copy tabien baan, page 1 signed and dated by the wife.

2. 1x copy tabien page with the name of my wife, signed and dated by the wife.

3. 1x copy ID card both sides, signed and dated by the wife.

4. 1x marriage certificate KR 2 both sides.

5. 1x marriage paper KR 3 both sides.

6. 2x passport photos.

7. 1x copy passport photo page and visa.

8. 5,000baht.

The Tabien baan book is from my wife's old home address. Does this matter? We live somewhere else, do we need proof of that?

That's all isn't?

If I decided to go to Ho Chi Minh, can the proof of 400k be in various banks, or should it be 1 bank? Do they give multiple non O's there? Just if I might change plans and decided to go there.

Thanks a lot.

You don't really need the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry. Your marriage certificate (plus a copy) is all you need,

Your wife's house book does not have to be for where you live. No proof of address is needed.

Savannakhet at the moment are doing visas on the same day they are applied for.

I have seen no reports of the consulate in Hoe Chi Min city doing a multiple entry non-o.

I went to Savannakhet on 21st July.

I took:

Copy of house book, address page and wife's name page.

Copy of marriage certificate.

Original marriage certificate.

Copy of wife's ID card.

Copy of photo page of passport.

2 Passport size photos.

5000 baht.

Drop off before 11am and collect at 3pm.

• Like 1

The Visa form I have downloaded is just in English , , I might pop down to the consulate to make sure i have the right one

The one I posted a link to is in Lao and English. Others have used it and it is the current one they are using.

Just got back from Laos a few days ago

you need

Copy of house book, address page and wife's name page.

Copy of marriage certificate.

Original marriage certificate.

Copy of wife's ID card.

Copy of photo page of passport.

2 Passport size photos.

5000 baht.

Drop off before 11am and collect at 3pm.

No proof of funds was was requested nor provided

DK

• Like 1

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/753690-1-year-multi-non-o-based-on-marriage-completed-in-savankhetmukdahan/

I handed over:

- APPLICATION FORM with TWO PASSPORT PHOTOS
- 5000 BAHT
- DOUBLE SIDED PHOTOCOPY OF MY PRETTY WEDDING CERTIFICTE (Tor Lor 3)
- PHOTOCOPY OF MY PASSPORT PHOTO PAGE (sign and dated by me)
- PHOTOCOPY OF MY WIFES NAME CHANGING CERTIFICATE (sign and dated by her)
- PHOTOCOPY OF MY WIFES FAMILY BOOK (sign and dated by her)
- PHOTOCOPY OF MY WIFES ID CARD back and front (sign and dated by her)

Escuse me for going off topic, but could someone take a little time to explain to me why a man married to a Thai would need a multiple-entry visa? Why not just get the regular Non-Imm O, after 90 days extend it for the rest of the year, and then extend it annually after that? If you need to travel abroad you get a re-entry permit when you need it. The advantage would be that you build up continuous legal residence time that is required if you apply for permanent resicence. I would think that using multiple entry visas you have to start over again every time you cross the border. That doesn't make sense to me, so could somebody straighten me out?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Escuse me for going off topic, but could someone take a little time to explain to me why a man married to a Thai would need a multiple-entry visa? Why not just get the regular Non-Imm O, after 90 days extend it for the rest of the year, and then extend it annually after that? If you need to travel abroad you get a re-entry permit when you need it. The advantage would be that you build up continuous legal residence time that is required if you apply for permanent resicence. I would think that using multiple entry visas you have to start over again every time you cross the border. That doesn't make sense to me, so could somebody straighten me out?

For me and I'd say many its having the time to do it. It means you'd have to go to Thailand for 2 months and then extend it. I could get a visa the same way for having custody of my kids , but I am working in Malaysia its not an option

Escuse me for going off topic, but could someone take a little time to explain to me why a man married to a Thai would need a multiple-entry visa? Why not just get the regular Non-Imm O, after 90 days extend it for the rest of the year, and then extend it annually after that?

Beside purely convenient lifestyle reasons as in frequent travel, some people can't meet the financial requirements.

Edited by paz

Because they dont want to show their bedroom and tell their complete sex life to monkeys in an office ?

Oh, yes, so dificult to travel 4 times a year...

• Like 1

Because it's a lot easier and much less painful to get a Non 'O'

Is that you straightened out?

So if someone leaves Thailand anytime within 7 years they start over?

I don't think so.

Are they fussy about the size of the pics?

I read somewhere that they are. Are there places at Sav where you can get pics done?

Thanks

I have not seen any report for Savannakhet being picky.

As long as they fit on the application form it should not be a problem.

Application form attachicon.gifSavannakhet .pdf

I believe it has been stated here also that they don't care about the money in the bank or monthly income there either. Has that been one of the changes of late?

this would be an option if one worked in Thailand but if you work outside Thailand, the 90 day report is not feasible since I stay for a few days go back to work, stay for another few days then head back to work........

this would be an option if one worked in Thailand but if you work outside Thailand, the 90 day report is not feasible since I stay for a few days go back to work, stay for another few days then head back to work........

You do not make reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country if you are not here that long.

For work rotations of 30 days or less it would be almost impossible for a person to get an extension.

Even for a longer rotation it would be very difficult to get the timing right to do one.