where is the darkside?

silomplaya

Well I don't know and I am neither a troll or from Siberia. A sensible question as far as I am concerned and no need for a "smart reply" from perhaps a person who is not so smart. I know what paradimethallaminalobenzaledhide is but does that make me more clever than someone who has never heard of it. No!

Many of us have lived in Thailand for a number of years, as I have, but only visit Pattaya once or perhaps twice per year so some respect please for us who would like a sensible answer to a sensible question.

I didn't know what paradimethallaminalobenzaledhide is but wikipedia says " para-Dimethylaminobenzaldehyde is an organic compound containing amine and aldehyde moieties which is used in Ehrlich's reagent for determination of hydrazine and Kovac's reagent for microbiology's indole test. Here is the wikipedia link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Para-Dimethylaminobenzaldehyde so some more of us will know . It is beyond me and i still don't know/understand but i do know where the darkside is and how difficult it can be getting back home to the darkside at 3.00 in the morning . smile.png

A sensible answer has already been briefly given - the East side of Sukhumvit Road. That is perhaps explained easier by saying it is the opposite side of Sukhumvit Road from the main city side and covers areas like Ngern Plab Wan, Khao Talo, Siam Country Road etc. and spreads as far as the Crocodile Farm on the other side. The term has no real meaning outside of being Pattaya residents' easy reference to this large expanse of the map that is away from the more visible city area.

• Like 1

Well I don't know and I am neither a troll or from Siberia. A sensible question as far as I am concerned and no need for a "smart reply" from perhaps a person who is not so smart. I know what paradimethallaminalobenzaledhide is but does that make me more clever than someone who has never heard of it. No!

Many of us have lived in Thailand for a number of years, as I have, but only visit Pattaya once or perhaps twice per year so some respect please for us who would like a sensible answer to a sensible question.

I didn't know what paradimethallaminalobenzaledhide is but wikipedia says " para-Dimethylaminobenzaldehyde is an organic compound containing amine and aldehyde moieties which is used in Ehrlich's reagent for determination of hydrazine and Kovac's reagent for microbiology's indole test. Here is the wikipedia link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Para-Dimethylaminobenzaldehyde so some more of us will know . It is beyond me and i still don't know/understand but i do know where the darkside is and how difficult it can be getting back home to the darkside at 3.00 in the morning . smile.png

Thanks to Petercool I now know where the Darkside is, I often wondered about this and will test my new knowledge when in Pattaya next week, first time for almost two years due to health problems but well on the mend by a (not so pleasant) lifestyle change. No doubt will undo some of the good on the "Brightside but that's life. I am impressed with your use of Wikipedia but put into more simple terms it is also called a Hydrazine Reagent used for the chemical testing of boiler water to determine the oxygen content, too much oxygen leads to corrosion to the boiler internals. One of my learned friends used to say he also knew long words such as Marmalade and Wheelbarrow. Those were the days, young, college and little responsibility, and almost 50 years have passed and I can still remember some useless words from those days but sometimes cant remember why I went to the kitchen so poured myself a Scotch instead! Cheers!

• Like 2

Now you know where it is, it's important to know what it is.

According to a poster from another forum, it's a training academy for bar girls, who, when they graduate are allowed to work on the bright side.

So, now you know [emoji4]

So you have been to the Black Pearlw00t.gif

• Like 1

Now you know where it is, it's important to know what it is.

According to a poster from another forum, it's a training academy for bar girls, who, when they graduate are allowed to work on the bright side.

So, now you know [emoji4]

So you have been to the Black Pearlw00t.gif

I thought that was where they went after they had served their time on the "bright side"..............Certainly the old Black Pearl gave that impression sad.png

A sensible answer has already been briefly given - the East side of Sukhumvit Road. That is perhaps explained easier by saying it is the opposite side of Sukhumvit Road from the main city side and covers areas like Ngern Plab Wan, Khao Talo, Siam Country Road etc. and spreads as far as the Crocodile Farm on the other side. The term has no real meaning outside of being Pattaya residents' easy reference to this large expanse of the map that is away from the more visible city area.

Well that properly buggered up the potential longevity and humor of this thread.

Thanks.

Not sure it was all that funny to begin with IMHO, and that was not the OP's intent, but nothing to stop you carrying on .....:)