We need jobs, 200 beach operators tell Phuket governor

Lite Beer

They should have every vendor make a list of their lost salaries to get an understanding of how much money these poor people are losing. Once they get the numbers, tax the SHIT out of them for evading taxes for the past years and then tell them go cry somewhere else.

• Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reform - some sort of licensing,regulation,code of practice , education and ultimately enforcement could have had a progressive incremental impact upon the environment wheher it be beach loungers, bars ,restaurants or the like. The best could have been promoted and the worst moved aside everyone would have been a winner in the circumstances both the good operators, tourists and the local and ultimately national economy.

Instead we seem to be seeing a 'Year Zero' approach with little thought for the overall long term consequences. Which is a shame. As to the cries that they have been an entrenched mafia who illegally encrocahed and then defended thier territitory over a period of decades well then nearly all power right to the very top if you trace it back arises from approriated theft defended by force - what hopfully happens though is that power becomes civilised and rational as it evolves and matures.

They should have every vendor make a list of their lost salaries to get an understanding of how much money these poor people are losing. Once they get the numbers, tax the SHIT out of them for evading taxes for the past years and then tell them go cry somewhere else.

Have they evaded tax, you know that? Maybe their income was below the threshold for paying tax?

I predicted this outcome in my posts for months. Of course I was hailed by other TV members as a scaremonger. I also predicted that the trouble would kick off in September. The unrest will worsen moving forward into high season.

I've been predicting the Phuket Financial Crisis for a while. I don't think it's too far away now.

It's not just job losses, it's mainly the changing demographic of the tourists, and their inability and/or unwillingness to spend money here, during their holiday.

Then, there is Thailand being under military control, more competition in the region for the tourist dollar, and the fact Phuket struggles to compete against other destinations for a value for money holiday now.

Then, there is the negative publicity from tuk-tuks, taxis, jet-skis, crime, drugs, violence, scams, flooding, lack of infastructure etc etc.

As stated previously, financially/economically - there is no more "high season" on Phuket anymore. The higher tourist numbers are just not turning into higher revenue and profits anymore.

The "Golden Goose" is laying smaller eggs, and not as many, these days. biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

I predicted this outcome in my posts for months. Of course I was hailed by other TV members as a scaremonger. I also predicted that the trouble would kick off in September. The unrest will worsen moving forward into high season.

I've been predicting the Phuket Financial Crisis for a while. I don't think it's too far away now.

It's not just job losses, it's mainly the changing demographic of the tourists, and their inability and/or unwillingness to spend money here, during their holiday.

Then, there is Thailand being under military control, more competition in the region for the tourist dollar, and the fact Phuket struggles to compete against other destinations for a value for money holiday now.

Then, there is the negative publicity from tuk-tuks, taxis, jet-skis, crime, drugs, violence, scams, flooding, lack of infastructure etc etc.

As stated previously, financially/economically - there is no more "high season" on Phuket anymore. The higher tourist numbers are just not turning into higher revenue and profits anymore.

The "Golden Goose" is laying smaller eggs, and not as many, these days. biggrin.png

You forgot to add property crash Thai Visa Property seems to be chocka with 'half price houses' from all over the place at the moment. Buying on a 30 year lease would seem the height of folly at the moment if you're a non-Thai.

You forgot to add property crash Thai Visa Property seems to be chocka with 'half price houses' from all over the place at the moment. Buying on a 30 year lease would seem the height of folly at the moment if you're a non-Thai.

The growth rate of new serviced apartments in Bangkok has decreased every year since 2009, and will continue to exhibit this declining trend.

After the NCPO seized power in May 2014, they set up their team to restart the country again with many policies. New launches in 2Q 2014 increased by 26% from the previous quarter, but the total of newly launched units in the first half 2014 was approximately 22,840 or around 20% lower than the first half of 2013.

The Thai people’s confidence will probably grow steadily and boost the country’s economy and retail industry in the second half of 2014

http://www.colliers.co.th/research-publications/market-reports.asp

There's been a property bubble here for a long time.

Many properties have been on the market for over a year, and in many cases, several years, and, they keep building more, further flooding the market and driving prices down.

Every week new properties are completed, more go on the market for sale. Many may never sell, so, yes, investors and/or people just looking to leave Phuket will be stuck with a property they can not offload, unless at a firesale price.

i would like to answer to Alwyn .

what do mean by that ?

maybe do you think that what they did for so many years is normal ?

and normal too that what they do is legal ?

normal to shit the laws , the tourists ?

normal to declare small incomes when they get a lot of black money ?

normal that there is no rules because they are thai-peoples ?

what about all the rules for the farangs ?

why farangs canot works in thailand ?

how many thai-peoples are living in europe , where they can buy land , house , work , make massage( prostitution ) , make black money , don't need to justiend incomes ( for sûre not 20000euros like here ) , and don't spend the mobey in europe but send everythink in thailand ???

do you hear people speaking bad about the thai people who lived and work in europe ? do you hear somebady say that they stole the work of the européan people ?????

i think that you have the eyes .

There's been a property bubble here for a long time.

Many properties have been on the market for over a year, and in many cases, several years, and, they keep building more, further flooding the market and driving prices down.

Every week new properties are completed, more go on the market for sale. Many may never sell, so, yes, investors and/or people just looking to leave Phuket will be stuck with a property they can not offload, unless at a firesale price.

Sorry no bubble.

New launches in 2Q 2014 increased by 26% from the previous

quarter, but the total of newly launched units in the first half 2014 was

approximately 22,840 or around 20% lower than the first half of 2013.

Approximately 16,760 new condominium units were completed and

registered at the Department of Land in the first half of 2014; many

condominium projects were postponed from 2013 and delayed their

completion date, due to labour shortage problems and the effects of

the political protests.

The average take-up rate for condominium projects in Bangkok for

2Q 2014 was approximately 64%, significantly higher than in the

previous quarter. This was due to some condominium projects selling.

http://www.colliers.co.th/research-publications/market-reports.asp

Yep. The guest house sector is also crashing as we speak. More job losses for the housemaids and other service workers:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/759260-is-the-guest-house-sector-crashing/

Yep. The guest house sector is also crashing as we speak. More job losses for the housemaids and other service workers:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/759260-is-the-guest-house-sector-crashing/

Quoting your own guess of a market is a crash? You start a thread titled, "Is the guest house sector crashing?"

And answer your own thread, "My guess is yes."

Have they evaded tax, you know that? Maybe their income was below the threshold for paying tax?

Please describe what it's like to live on your planet. I am intrigued.

@ thailiketoo

You do realise this is the Phuket Forum, not the Bangkok Forum, don't you?

I don't know about Bangkok, but there is massive oversupply on Phuket, and they keep building more and more.

A quote of a market review instead of flawed anecdotal evidence would be good. Your opinion is worthless unless backed up by financial data of some kind and suspect at best. If the Phuket market was falling all the big money would go to Bangkok. Construction does not occur because there are no buyers.

Whining cheating scammers , get all you deserve. You dont own the beach and sidewalks.

Agreed 100% and wish there was a way to post it so they know how the average Farang tourist feels about them. Someone should be emailing the boss this forum every hour.

now 70% of staff in Phuket comes from neighbour countries ! because restaurants, shops, .. can hardly find thai people for the job,

those complaining at the governor because they didnt have to "work" for a living up to 3 months ago.Just hijack a piece of beach. well Khun "boys and girls" time to do some REAL work.Non-Thais are prepared to go to Phuket and work. It's that awful word hey....."work" Edited by kingalfred

What a difference in posts between the girlies not being able to work freely. waah waah what about their families. Pleeaase let them show their-----starts with t and there are two of them.

The male dominated jobs, lazy no goods. nobody cares about your family. The girls rip off the tourists just as much .same same, but different. every human has the right to survive as best they can. Nobody should take a job away from another person. Fight on phuketians.I will join the march

@ thailiketoo

I don't know about Bangkok, but there is massive oversupply on Phuket, and they keep building more and more.

A quote of a market review instead of flawed anecdotal evidence would be good. Your opinion is worthless unless backed up by financial data of some kind and suspect at best. If the Phuket market was falling all the big money would go to Bangkok. Construction does not occur because there are no buyers.

I see all the "for sale" signs on properties here that have been on the market for a long time.

I speak to expats, who have their property on the market, and they tell me they are not getting any viewings, let alone, offers.

I peruse the property websites pertaining to Phuket, purely out of interest, not because I am in the market. It's obvious property is not turning over here. I've seen the same properties on the market, with continual drops in listing price, for months, going into years now.

There are new developments being advertised in the media, whilst no one can sell what's already on the market.

You talk about "financial data" - what use is financial data from Bangkok, when we are discussing Phuket????

There has been, and continues to be, a massive oversupply of property on Phuket.

Do you live on Phuket? What do you know of the property market on Phuket?

What a difference in posts between the girlies not being able to work freely. waah waah what about their families. Pleeaase let them show their-----starts with t and there are two of them.

The male dominated jobs, lazy no goods. nobody cares about your family. The girls rip off the tourists just as much .same same, but different. every human has the right to survive as best they can. Nobody should take a job away from another person. Fight on phuketians.I will join the march

What girlies not being able to work freely? PS the lady is working for the money the beach guys are strong arming for the money. Cops protect people. Mafia collects protection money. Sometimes they get confused but that is the idea. Beach guys are the mob collecting protection money for something that should be free.

Edited by thailiketoo

@ thailiketoo

I see all the "for sale" signs on properties here that have been on the market for a long time.

I speak to expats, who have their property on the market, and they tell me they are not getting any viewings, let alone, offers.

I peruse the property websites pertaining to Phuket, purely out of interest, not because I am in the market. It's obvious property is not turning over here. I've seen the same properties on the market, with continual drops in listing price, for months, going into years now.

There are new developments being advertised in the media, whilst no one can sell what's already on the market.

You talk about "financial data" - what use is financial data from Bangkok, when we are discussing Phuket????

There has been, and continues to be, a massive oversupply of property on Phuket.

Do you live on Phuket? What do you know of the property market on Phuket?

So you are posting your impressions of the market. Why? Are you a seller or buyer? What do you get out of it?

NKM and your sparring partners, you guys need to start your own thread about real estate. This thread is about "lost" jobs that weren't legal to begin with and makes following the topic, let alone staying on topic, a lost cause...............carry on.

Edited by steelepulse
  • Like 2