Ilikehd and a windows htpc

AJBangkok

I have ilikehd integrated in to an android tv box and it works seamlessly. My problem is that I also want to install it on a windows 8.1 based htpc and ilikehd does not have a windows app launcher. The ilikehd help desk told me although they have several android launchers they haven't developed a windows launcher so my only option is to view it through the website. It does work perfectly on my lg 65in uhdtv through the websites but I hate having to muck around with a keyboard logging into the site when I could just be sitting in the sofa clicking a remote.

I am not tech savvy and I use XBMC as my tv and movie platform and I was wondering if anyone knew a way that I could setup XBMC to launch ilketv just like you can do on an android based box with xbmc.

• 4 weeks later...

Right now I've just set up the PC side and hooked it to my 65in LG uhdtv. I'm renovating my condo at the moment and when I move back in I will complete the full home theatre setup. I'm looking at buying an 84in lg uhdtv when I move back in.

The HTPC is an Intel NUC with an i5 professor, 16 mb of ram, a 250 gb ssid, with wireless, Bluetooth and ir running on windiws 8.1 pro. The footprint iof the Intel NUC is about half the size of an iPad laid flat and its about 7-8cm high.

For movies and tv I am just running xbmc as well as several portable hd's with some favorite content.

I'll add an amp and speakers when I move.

I also have 2 android boxes that I also use occasionally but most of my viewing is now through the Intel nuc.

The cost of the Intel nuc fully loaded was around 30k but to be honest right now for what I'm using it for there is not much difference between it and my android box the minix x8-h which cost 5k. The minix x8 is an great box and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a high spec android box. The Intel nuc is a lot more fun to mess around with and eventually will be a powerful htpc so long as I dont turn it into a very expensive brick when I'm fooling around with it .

• 4 weeks later...