have you tried going on airasia lately

opalred

Air Asia's food aint bad....seats a tad tight for more than 2 hrs flight tho....so I wouldn't consider long haul.

For short flights....and skirts....number one!

Smokies right. AA food is even decent.

For long haul a hot seat is the go

when they first started to gold coast took them regular as could get legs in last trip from pkt to cm my wife and i had to have seperate

seating and i couldnnt get my legs in seats made for monkeys i stood up at back and told impolitly by hostess to sit as for prices next month go to china cheaper fare hkexpress vietjet then bangkok air where get proper seat and cheaper than airasrho;es

Once again in English for the rest of us?

• Like 2

If you don't like the price then use another airline. Simple. All the extras make it cheaper for those that don't want the extras. Passengers that don't want the extras shouldn't subsidize passengers that do want them. If you want an all-in price then use an airline that offers it. I usually compare prices and choose the cheapest, as long as the airlines and flight times are fairly comparable.

We go to Don Muang on AA once or twice a week. Its like using the bus. You just unclick all the things from meals to baggage and insurance and sit at the back of the plane. With a printed boarding card it is pretty much walk on/walk off. Not much you can do about airport fees. Pay on a Thai debit card or a UK one in GBP.......Cost from here to BKK is

c. 30GBP 1 hour 750 kilos. Train ticket from home to London 3 hours and 50 GBP and if you fail to book in advance

250GBP

Problem? I think not.

• Like 1

Long time that i do not use these monkeys anymore !

Nokair is so much better for the same price or cheaper...

Up to you-but Nok cheaper than AA?................ very very rarely facepalm.gif

Depends...

I have a booking on NOK early oct DMK-UTH, paid 1612THB including 40kgs luggage.

Just did test with AA for same day, 2385THB once I added 40kgs luggage and no seat selection yet, booking is a pain going through all the options.

Previous years flew 10x/year with AA, now have only NOK bookings, some more for november.

Air asia gives you the OPTION to either buy or not buy a lot of services. If you do not want a seat assignment, a meal, a checked bag, etc then you do not have to pay EXTRA to subsidize those who do want these services. The web site is more or less set up to include a lot of services and it is UP TO YOU to actually READ and delete those items you do not want before you hit the payment button.

If you enjoy paying more to SUBSIDIZE others so they can have services that you do not require than by all means book with a "full service airline" and I'm sure the subsidized passengers will send you a thank you note.

It is not uncommon in ASIA to pay more to use a credit card. I don't like it but try using your credit card at a lot of hotels in Thailand and you'll get hit for an extra 3% or so. I have never ever paid anywhere near a 500 baht fee on ANY air asia flight for using a credit card....the fees are right here.

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/our-fares/fees-and-charges.page?

If you happen to have a Siam Commercial Bank account with on-line banking, you can transfer the fare straight from your account to AA - no charge! At least you could in Feb 2013 when I last flew them to Phnom Penh.

Air Asia still often rejects credit cards without any reason. Day before yesterday customers of mine tried to book through their website, but ended up booking the same flight through a German website, made it costlier of course. Compare that to Orient Thai for instance, if you come from say Estonia immediately a drop list with all Estonian banks appears, all credit cards accepted. It even happened somebody's credit card was rejected, but she had a second credit card issued by the same bank, and then it functioned. Very old problem, they seem to be unable to deal with it.

Air Asia still often rejects credit cards without any reason. Day before yesterday customers of mine tried to book through their website, but ended up booking the same flight through a German website, made it costlier of course. Compare that to Orient Thai for instance, if you come from say Estonia immediately a drop list with all Estonian banks appears, all credit cards accepted. It even happened somebody's credit card was rejected, but she had a second credit card issued by the same bank, and then it functioned. Very old problem, they seem to be unable to deal with it.

Quite possibly the banks' anti-fraud thingy kicking in rather than AirAsia rejecting the cards.

• Like 1

Quite possibly the banks' anti-fraud thingy kicking in rather than AirAsia rejecting the cards.

My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly.

No. This is a very old problem. Customers of mine have always frequently had problems paying Air Asia with a non Thai credit card, whilst paying all other airlines has never been a problem. My experience goes back to the time when Air Asia had just started.

Something that tickled me Immensely yesterday when travelling from Penang to DM. I normally get a Hot-seat and hand carry only. The check in machines were not working at the airport so I went to check in at the document check counter, Next to that counter is the " X-PRESS check in ". A fella who sounded like an American checked in at the X-press and on getting his boarding card in a very loud voice ,as they do, said . "Where is the Lounge ?". The irony of the question , a Lounge ? Penang airport ? Air Asia ?. Visions of a 1981 British rail canteen with vending machines that don't work and a pool table covered in cigarette burns came into my head along with the Motto "Air Asia Now everybody can use the Lounge"

• Like 2