have you tried going on airasia lately

opalred

Yes i have noticed , One of there tricks is to show "Amount" due and then when you pay with your Credit card it adds about 500bt on. I complained to them a few times about this and they just kept sending me the Itinerary . I rechecked it once by immediately putting the same detail in and checking the price,

If you travel without baggage they are cheaper and i always get the hotseat to avoid the scrum down during boarding

What is a better alternative airline?

Depends on where you want to go - there are some out there but there's no website inclusive of them all......I did a search a few months back and found some going to places in Asia, Aus, PI where I'd never heard of the carriers names and they had good prices list for hypothetical trips.....

I wish - for my own sake I'd made a list.......

Edited by pgrahmm

OP ... opal red ... AirAsia Rock.

Reasonably priced airline that offers very cheap fares and the many times I have flown them, never late nor cancelled.

(Others Mileage may differ ... I can only speak from my personal experience)

If you want the red carpet ... go full service ... and pay 3 times as much.

I think that you suffer from wanting Champagne on a Beer budget.

Since you have-caught-loose-bowels ... please don't use up all the loo paper in the toilet !

• Like 1

I can't recall being charged by Air Asia for using a electronic visa card, at least not much. Nok Air charge about 70 baht I recall. I prefer Nok though but it's limited in the places it goes. Air Asia is what it is. I can't see any reason to complain when you could just travel light, pay through 7/11, not buy a meal or a novelty toy and you avoid all these extra charges. Or use a different company.

Bought a ticket yesterday and the original price ramps up as you go until you uncheck the boxes.

But worst for me is until they extend the sky train to Don Muang it's a pain in the arse to & thro there. Took 2 hours once from Mo Chit to Don Muang in taxi.

I chose Bangkok Airways or look for other carriers just for the convenience of Suvarnabhumi if I can but was locked into Airaisa as flying from Nakhon Phanom.

• Like 1

They used to have a fuel charge, then a charge for paying by debit card (not credit card) also charges for luggage and meal and charge for reserving seat and airport tax. in the end what you pay is nothing close to advertised rate.

Unlike Nok Air, Air Asia includes airport tax in their advertised fares. Any add-ons are optional - unlike Nok who add all sorts of compulsory charges to their advertised fares.

nok_zps0daedc54.jpg

Edited by rajyindee

They used to have a fuel charge, then a charge for paying by debit card (not credit card) also charges for luggage and meal and charge for reserving seat and airport tax. in the end what you pay is nothing close to advertised rate.

Unlike Nok Air, Air Asia includes airport tax in their advertised fares. Any add-ons are optional - unlike Nok who add all sorts of compulsory charges to their advertised fares.

nok_zps0daedc54.jpg

Nok air does not charge more for luggages and anyway with luggages nokair is never more expensive than air asia.

What is a better alternative airline?

Depends on where you want to go - there are some out there but there's no website inclusive of them all......I did a search a few months back and found some going to places in Asia, Aus, PI where I'd never heard of the carriers names and they had good prices list for hypothetical trips.....

I wish - for my own sake I'd made a list.......

Tried the site jetabroad ?

Good site.

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1

100 percent true.

Nok air does not charge for seat when airasia tries to cheat by pushing people to select seats that cost 74 baht each at least...

Air Asia flies to 80 destinations and is one of the fastest growing airlines in the world.

Nok Air flies to about 20 destinations and is not one of the fastest growing airlines in the world.

Those who don't like Air Asia please do fly on some other airline leaving more seats for those millions who seem to like Air Asia just fine.

Nok air does not charge more for luggages

Do you understand the difference between "optional" and "compulsory"?

and anyway with luggages nokair is never more expensive than air asia.

Apart from the word "never", you are 100% correct ...

nok_zpsfe820eeb.jpg

airasia_zpsfa0e27c9.jpg

Edited by rajyindee
  • Like 1

i use Tiger air they go from Swampy much easier for me, Don murang utang is a pain in the rse

They are good for Singapore. And I must admit that if they prices are close, I'll take them over air asia just for the swampy access. But don muang doesn't fuss me otherwise.

Booked my flight from Kuala lumpur to Sydney the other day, ~4000baht/$135aud base fare, final price wasnt much higher after the credit card fee which was only 2 or 3 dollars

MAS wanted 18,000baht for the same trip, i dont travel with baggage, dont care where i sit, dont care for airline food as its an over night trip, i dont change plans, the small seats are fin as im not a fatass, and i like hot hostesses in red skirts and black stockings

I usually pay by credit card and thought it was an 80 baht fee or so, i have also paid at 7/11 and the fee was 10 baht different (as i recall).

I have booked return flights to India for about 3000 baht, return flights to Burma and Vietnam for about 2000 baht and flew to the UK on their last flight and think it was about 5000 baht (it was dirt cheap anyway).

I for one feel they are quite good, but i am lucky in that I can flex my plans to get the best deals. I sometimes cannot find their advertised fare but more often than not, can

when they first started to gold coast took them regular as could get legs in last trip from pkt to cm my wife and i had to have seperate

seating and i couldnnt get my legs in seats made for monkeys i stood up at back and told impolitly by hostess to sit as for prices next month go to china cheaper fare hkexpress vietjet then bangkok air where get proper seat and cheaper than airasia * edited

Edited by petercool
edited for vulgarity and bold type