Edge In Chiang Rai Airport?

crabstix

I am using Dtac and emailed them about when edge will be available in Chiang Rai. They said that it was available in Chiang Rai airport. I used my PPC the other day on the ground floor coffee shop only to find that I was on gprs mode and was surfing at say 38kbps speeds. Which part of the airport do I need to be in to use edge?

I am using Dtac and emailed them about when edge will be available in Chiang Rai. They said that it was available in Chiang Rai airport. I used my PPC the other day on the ground floor coffee shop only to find that I was on gprs mode and was surfing at say 38kbps speeds. Which part of the airport do I need to be in to use edge?

What's Dtac, Whats edge, whats PPC, whats gprs mode?

Sorry no beaches in Chiang Rai so no surfing, unless you get behind a boat on the river.

The speed limit is more than 38 kbps in Chiang Rai so you should be ok.

The airport is only a few metres long, so if you stand on either end you should be ok but you could stand it front of it or go behind it.

What's Dtac, Whats edge, whats PPC, whats gprs mode?

Sorry no beaches in Chiang Rai so no surfing, unless you get behind a boat on the river.

The speed limit is more than 38 kbps in Chiang Rai so you should be ok.

The airport is only a few metres long, so if you stand on either end you should be ok but you could stand it front of it or go behind it.

Edge is the guitarist with Irish band U2

Now I finally start to understand things.

It's all related to Irish submarines from the Second World War.

When are they going to land on Chiang Rai Airport?

And who is playing guitar then?

Limbo :o

Now I finally start to understand things.

It's all related to Irish submarines from the Second World War.

When are they going to land on Chiang Rai Airport?

And who is playing guitar then?

post-8092-1153058870.jpg

Edge. Just another handsome Irishman

post-8092-1153059091.jpg

This is what we call an Irish submarine.Sorry to tempt you, limbo

Hmm, you probably posted this in the wrong Forum....Internet / computers may have been better i guess.

I am wondering how you connected to the network? Maybe it was simply your device that didn't support EDGE? If you are in GPRS mode the 38kbps is a "normal" speed here .

Honestly i would be surprised(positively) if there is EDGE in Chiang Rai Airport available.

rcm :o

Hmm, you probably posted this in the wrong Forum....Internet / computers may have been better i guess.

I am wondering how you connected to the network? Maybe it was simply your device that didn't support EDGE? If you are in GPRS mode the 38kbps is a "normal" speed here .

Honestly i would be surprised(positively) if there is EDGE in Chiang Rai Airport available.

rcm :o

I bought a pocket PC phone which supports EDGE. Normally I should get an icon if I am in an area with edge to indicate that I am on edge mode and surfing at higher speeds than dial up. I guess I must have been in the wrong part of the airport. I don't see why they shouldn't have edge. People need to surf the net and wifi is becoming more widely available in chiang rai these days so why not edge? Never mind. I guess dial up speeds will do for now. If I manage to get it working in another part of the airport I wil let you guys know so that you can get on your surfboards out and go along the mae kok river looking out for submarines

If I manage to get it working in another part of the airport I wil let you guys know so that you can get on your surfboards out and go along the mae kok river looking out for submarines

:o

Edited by tayto

I bought a pocket PC phone which supports EDGE. Normally I should get an icon if I am in an area with edge to indicate that I am on edge mode and surfing at higher speeds than dial up. I guess I must have been in the wrong part of the airport. I don't see why they shouldn't have edge. People need to surf the net and wifi is becoming more widely available in chiang rai these days so why not edge?

Hi crabstix,

I am an absolute laymen concerning this kind of things and I am not the only one out here (as you noticed).

Your last posting explains (if I am right) that EDGE is a kind of wireless miracle that enables you to use internet in certain public spaces.

Several hotels seem to have this service, like the Wang Come.

You mention that you have a pocket PC phone and as one might suppose, this is of pocketsize or close to that.

Just an idea: Isn't it possible to walk around on Chiang Rai airport with this pocket phone and see where the signal is strongest?