Pink Line electric train project ready for Thai Cabinet review

webfact

Length has nothing to do with it (as any girl knows!).

Unless one plans to have a one direction loop line, if you want people to travel in both directions you need two rails. Very logical is it not?

Just a small correction to the above post, the Blue Line is a MRTA line, it has nothing to do with the BTS.

A single track with passing loops in evenly spaced stations would also be an option. Works fine on the southern railway line, and other long lines where high traffic density is not required.

Ah, you do know that we are talking a monorail line here, right?...........do you have any example of what you describe anywhere in the world as the idea of passing loops for a monorail line seems rather absurd.....

Can you imagine the delays for a 30 station, 36km line with metro style frequency!!!! It would make the SRT's Southern line look like a high speed express line!

Unless one plans to have a one direction loop line, if you want people to travel in both directions you need two rails. Very logical is it not?

Just a small correction to the above post, the Blue Line is a MRTA line, it has nothing to do with the BTS.

A single track with passing loops in evenly spaced stations would also be an option. Works fine on the southern railway line, and other long lines where high traffic density is not required.

Ah, you do know that we are talking a monorail line here, right?...........do you have any example of what you describe anywhere in the world as the idea of passing loops for a monorail line seems rather absurd.....

Can you imagine the delays for a 30 station, 36km line with metro style frequency!!!! It would make the SRT's Southern line look like a high speed express line!

I posted it as an alternative to ", if you want people to travel in both directions you need two rails" and was not recommending it as a viable option. No, I don't know of an operating system, but the points requirements are not overly complicated.

That you can't conceive how to make it work is a personal problem.

Lakegeneve, on 12 Sept 2014 - 16:03, said:snapback.png

Firstly, my mistake, not sure why i said BTS Blue Line, fully aware it was MRTA, my apologies, be interesting to see how the tenders fair for the Blue Line signalling works, more so how the interface will be managed with the existing line.

It is very logical, believe me i understand, not sure why you are being so defensive, also your comment "length has nothing to do with it" was actually quite derogatory, but i will put this down to frustration or a few to many beers, as i still value your opinion, given you seem to good knowledge of the thai transportation network.

Edited by Expat Girl

I posted it as an alternative to ", if you want people to travel in both directions you need two rails" and was not recommending it as a viable option. No, I don't know of an operating system, but the points requirements are not overly complicated.

That you can't conceive how to make it work is a personal problem.

It may be a personal problem or it make be just that it doesn't make any sense. I'm open to both. But you do admit that it is not a viable option ....so why even recommend it?

If you could care to explain how it would work on a monorail as you have not done that at all. Passing loops don't occur on monorails as you no doubt are aware of so forgive the fact that it makes no sense to suggest something which doe snot occur in the context. I can even conceive how it would work in any operational framework let alone a high frequency, long line.

The reason why it doesn't make any sense at all is that monorails don't have turnouts like a normal train so the a section of track has to move for a train to change to another track (as you obviously know but perhaps others don't). The only conceivable way it could work is that the track physically moves with one stationary train on it (eg. east bound) on it, allowing the other (west bound) train to pass on the main track (which has a section of track which moves into place). That whole process would take a few mins minimum each time. Hardly viable if you have a 5-6 headway.

The analogy is that you have a 36km one lane road with 30 stops used by buses passing every 5 mins which drive in both directions. Your suggestion would be that each time buses meet each other one stops, pulls off to the side, waits for the other to pass and then proceeds onwards. All the while while each bus has to stop at the 30 stops.

It is completely nonsensical and illogical.

But do pls provide some detail to support your idea (especially with a example from anywhere in the world), otherwise it just seems that you are asserting an idea from a place of delusion. :)

Lakegeneve, on 12 Sept 2014 - 16:03, said:snapback.png

Firstly, my mistake, not sure why i said BTS Blue Line, fully aware it was MRTA, my apologies, be interesting to see how the tenders fair for the Blue Line signalling works, more so how the interface will be managed with the existing line.

It is very logical, believe me i understand, not sure why you are being so defensive, also your comment "length has nothing to do with it" was actually quite derogatory, but i will put this down to frustration or a few to many beers, as i still value your opinion, given you seem to good knowledge of the thai transportation network.

The length inference is a joke which clearly you didn't like but I fail to see how it would be derogatory given that the joke is obviously gender specific and you don't appear to part of the gender side which is normally concerned about length? How is it that derogatory????

This is what you wrote earlier. Somehow, you seemingly were completely confused by the dual monorail tracks term;

But if you look at the picture in the news story it does indicate dual 'monorail tracks' and also i did a quick Google search on the Pink Line and the Wiki article http://en.wikipedia....i/MRT_Pink_Line does state two 'monorail tracks', how true this is i don't know, but personally i think it will be two track given the distance of the network.

I then explained that there is one rail for each direction. You then replied thus in a slightly obfuscatory manner thus;

I am sure we understand why there is two rails, but we simply did not have all the information at hand to make that judgement, despite it being logical two rails would be provided given the length of the proposed network.

To which I stated that length of the line/network has nothing to do with your confusion. But somehow length is derogatory??? I'd love to understand why that is.........pray do tell.