Thailand remains popular among European, African tourists

webfact

She also said that the TAT would actively promote Thailand among international tourists and tour operators.

Such attempts include its inviting senior executives of about 20 cruise companies in America and Europe to survey attractions and ports in Thailand in November.

This could go horribly wrong.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/643069-u-s-navy-sailors-caught-in-phuket-taxi-blockade/page-3

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/458216-phuket-taxis-blockade-luxury-cruise-ship-passengers-from-disembarking/

Typical Americans. Scared of the world even though it's safer than home. Or maybe they take their government too seriously. They need to get out more and learn to think for themselves. Not all Americans obviously, but a large proportion of them. So many of them seem brainwashed.

Last year 2013 only 13 % of Americans traveled overseas but Thailand doesn't promote the country correctly. I hear from relatives in California that they see ads about Thailand. Why? California has the largest number of Thai than any other state and is fairly warm climate. I lived in Massachusetts a cold east coast state and have never seen an ad on late nite TV or papers advertising Thailand . They should advertise in one of the colder states as a warm place to come to to get away from the harsh winters. Plus Mass and other east coast and Central USA cites have fairly well off citizens that could afford the trips here.

answer:

people in cold US cities can get on an airplane and in 3 hours be on Miami Beach, where, everyone speaks english and they can travel with miminal effort, where they can ride a jetski and not be scammed when they bring it back,

these things travel fast in the US, and, there is still the ery real stigma that Thailand is for sex tourists only, and that is not going to change because, it is, it is a national policy.

the people in the NE countries, are not going to tolerate Thainess of any kind,

to think otherwise, is not even a joke, it is nonsensical

Edited by SteveFong

I don't understand what people have against Russians as I always found them the nicest, and some of the most cultured people around.

ROFLMAO

While Russians are usually good-hearted and loyal, and some of them can be cultured and polite (when educated), many of them remain very rough at the edges, confrontative and noisy, especially their lo-so.

First post...wrong century,before the revolution.

Second post...Russians have schools and they can read,not like 15%of americans who can't. Most hookers have at least 1 degree,no joke.

as usual I stopped reading here: according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

Here is why:

nationmultimedia.com:

Average occupancy at hotels across Thailand in June dropped by 25 percent after the coup.

Bangkok, which hosts more than half of the foreigners coming into the country, posted a 14 per cent decline in visitors in the first four months of this year.

Hotels reported average room occupancy rates of 58 per cent in March, compared with 72 per cent a year earlier. Reuters

Recently, the VP of the Pattaya Tourism Association, Sin-chai Wat-tana-sat-sa-torn, addressed the current business situation for hotels and restaurants around Pattaya. Due to the recent turmoil, visitors are down by almost 80%, especially from China, Hong Kong, and Europe.

Why make such a nonsensical comment if you can't be bothered to read the article? European tourist up, while others (maybe Chinese) down, resulting in an overall drop. This is very simple maths. But obviously too difficult for some to grasp.

…and this is a simple sentence:

Due to the recent turmoil, visitors are down by almost 80%, especially from China, Hong Kong, and Europe.

If you are not suffering from a reading disability and a true believer of TAT-statistics, consider a career with them, they're always in the need for creative mathematicians.

Typical Americans. Scared of the world even though it's safer than home. Or maybe they take their government too seriously. They need to get out more and learn to think for themselves. Not all Americans obviously, but a large proportion of them. So many of them seem brainwashed.

Last year 2013 only 13 % of Americans traveled overseas but Thailand doesn't promote the country correctly. I hear from relatives in California that they see ads about Thailand. Why? California has the largest number of Thai than any other state and is fairly warm climate. I lived in Massachusetts a cold east coast state and have never seen an ad on late nite TV or papers advertising Thailand . They should advertise in one of the colder states as a warm place to come to to get away from the harsh winters. Plus Mass and other east coast and Central USA cites have fairly well off citizens that could afford the trips here.

answer:

people in cold US cities can get on an airplane and in 3 hours be on Miami Beach, where, everyone speaks english and they can travel with miminal effort, where they can ride a jetski and not be scammed when they bring it back,

these things travel fast in the US, and, there is still the ery real stigma that Thailand is for sex tourists only, and that is not going to change because, it is, it is a national policy.

the people in the NE countries, are not going to tolerate Thainess of any kind,

to think otherwise, is not even a joke, it is nonsensical

" B_ll Sh_t ! Yes we can get on a plane and go to Miami or other areas in Florida but depending on the month and how harsh the winter is it may not be warm there---- no guarrantee. And as far as Americans thinking Thialand is only for sex tourists only for ignorant or ill informed persons. If you visited Bangkok and did not expressly ask to be taken to Soi Cowboy, Nana , PatPong , Sukumvit you could drive all over Bangkok and never see the red lite areas. And if Thailand would advertise itself in the areas I mentioned they would accomplised what I did on a bigger scale.

I have visited Thailand for 14 years and because of my showing pics, vids talking about it 4 co-workers plus myself married Thai girls, 12 have visited and a number have sent their kids over for honeymoon or hich school graduation present as it was cheaper than sending them to Hawaii. Also had 2 friends (non-coworkers) who visited me here and 1 is buying a condo in Feb and will retire here later.

If your saying that Thailand is for sex tourists and everyone coming here is coming for sex tourism speak for yourself buddy because 25 million plus tourists coming here I don't think are all coming for sex.

as usual I stopped reading here: according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

Here is why:

nationmultimedia.com:

Average occupancy at hotels across Thailand in June dropped by 25 percent after the coup.

Bangkok, which hosts more than half of the foreigners coming into the country, posted a 14 per cent decline in visitors in the first four months of this year.

Hotels reported average room occupancy rates of 58 per cent in March, compared with 72 per cent a year earlier. Reuters

Recently, the VP of the Pattaya Tourism Association, Sin-chai Wat-tana-sat-sa-torn, addressed the current business situation for hotels and restaurants around Pattaya. Due to the recent turmoil, visitors are down by almost 80%, especially from China, Hong Kong, and Europe.

Getting accurate information from the TAT, is a bit like getting accurate information on Israel, or Monsanto, from the US Congress. When one is bought and paid for, one is less likely to be frank and forthright.

• Like 1