PEA targets electricity for all households in Thailand by 2015

webfact

PEA targets electricity for all households by 2015
By Digital Content

14104204585130.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 11 -- The Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) has targeted that by the end of 2015, all households in Thailand would have be connected with the kingdom's electricity grid.

PEA Deputy Governor Satith Rungjiratananon announced the plan during the agency's 54th anniversary celebrations.

He noted that PEA would now strive to improve the quality of the electricity distribution system so that it would become more sustainable and reliable.

He added that customer services from now on would focus more in providing convenience and effectiveness.

Mr Satith said PEA has expanded the distribution system to cover more than 99 per cent in 74 provinces and plans that within 2015, all households would have electricity.

PEA is seeing a profit of Bt11 billion during the first half of the year, while predictions pointed out that the agency would see up to Bt16.6 billion in profit by year's end. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-09-11

what gets me is when they cut the power for hours at a time because they claim they cannot supply everyone with it continuously, makes you wonder if they are capable to actually supply the whole of the country and being reliable, somehow I doubt it very much

• Like 2

I was at home one day and as I was on the computer in the office the electric went off. I looked outside and there was a guy dressed kind of casual taking my meter away. Luckily my wife's father works for the PEA, so I called her and then she called her dad. About 3 hours later an official PEA contractor came and re-attached the meter. I was pissed off as the first guy was just a sub least contractor who should not be doing this without warning us before hand so we can talk about it and two he took the wrong meter in the first place. He should have took the one for the house next door who had not paid their bill. Later I had to laugh about it but at the time I was fuming, all because some moron could not check his paper work before he processed to cut a house of power. I am sure he felt like Superman when he did it but after my father in-law who is the manager of PEA where we lived bol&*cked him I am sure he must have felt like Buffaloman!

They should start putting the cables underground. Every thunderstorm my UPS's get a workout.

Stopped using those

2 times exploding battery is enough

And i didnt buy the cheap ones

Got a trustworthy elb

And a notebook , and tablet for myself

The other 6 pc if power fails , bad luck ,

Before we get "too big for our boots", PEA, how about providing a reliable and consistent supply to those households already connected to your grid?

Bl**dy right!

Our home electricity supply required our own-purchased cabling and posts for the last 150m as the local PEA have no interest in extending their grid to our house.

We have almost daily power cuts or brown-outs that have forced us to buy a stand-by genset so, as has been said, the P.E.A. should get their existing customers supply problems sorted out before trumpeting wider coverage!

Before we get "too big for our boots", PEA, how about providing a reliable and consistent supply to those households already connected to your grid?

Bl**dy right!

Our home electricity supply required our own-purchased cabling and posts for the last 150m as the local PEA have no interest in extending their grid to our house.

We have almost daily power cuts or brown-outs that have forced us to buy a stand-by genset so, as has been said, the P.E.A. should get their existing customers supply problems sorted out before trumpeting wider coverage!

Do you not think your comments a bit selfish???

But do you not think everybody has a right to electricity?

Yes the system needs sorting, but lets get everybody on the grid first.

Lets see if the water company can match this promise... whistling.gif

PEA are whether a club of mai-pen-rai do-nothings, or a bunch of crooks, or both on our island! Knowing the 'chiefs' pay big to get a job here tells a lot... In our, public, soi, there was single phase on 100 of the 400m., our land is at the back, so, we asked for electric for the construction, maybe, soon, was the answer; we asked for three phase, they said sure, but you need to pay for posts and line 'especially for you', we did it, 400k, via some appoinred 'sub-contractor' (heard later they were going to pull it by themselves over 350m.), a week later three, other, meters were connected, but the constructor complained, he had no power on the line; ah, they said, you need to pay for a transformer then, a few 100k more, a big 30A. expensive meter, and now, years later, still no decent electric, power drops, cuts, the security we had to install to protect our house (after 100ks of damage) cuts in ten times + a day, the voltage is too low, there is no power available; what do they do about it: zilch, zero, nothing! Knowing a brother-in-law and a cousin, both PEA chief-engineers on the mainland, obviously cannot do anything about it, seems to tell a lot about the local situation, lazy, greedy, corrupt, know-nothing bunch, but locally they, litteraly, 'have the power', like (another) maffia, that's PEA in Phuket, Samui, Pha Ngan, etc. And this is a public company, supposed to serve the users, welcome to Thailand!

They should start putting the cables underground. Every thunderstorm my UPS's get a workout.

Stopped using those

2 times exploding battery is enough

And i didnt buy the cheap ones

Got a trustworthy elb

And a notebook , and tablet for myself

The other 6 pc if power fails , bad luck ,

An ELB will protect you from electrocution in the event you touch the juice while grounded. However, it will do absolutely nothing to protect sensitive electronic equipment. It is not a surge suppressor.

Once you understand that PEA's authority and role is DISTRIBUTING electrical energy to its customers from the power grid, then you also understand it has no authority or role in GENERATING or TRANSMITTING electrical energy. PEA's announcement is like the tires of a car announcing they will take the car to more destinations but lacks the ability to put fuel in the car or put the car into drive. Thailand's "fuel tank" is already in a dangerous potential shortage with escalating foreign fuel prices and lack of additional electrical capacity. Thus, PEA's plan to distribute electricity to all Thailand households by 2015 is unrealistic.

Are not all Thais entitled to electricity? Of course they are, but it must be sustainable and affordable electricity. Otherwise, investment of Thailand taxpayer funds in more electrical distribution systems to reach all Thais will be a predictably failed public policy that will waste billions of baht - something that might ultimately lead to charges against government officials for dereliction of duty (deja vu).

Given Thailand's current dependence on imported energy supplies, shortfall in current sustainable energy capacity, and shortfall in future affordable / sustainable energy capacity, PEA is "putting the cart ahead of the horse." There are also Thai societal barriers to development of increased long-term domestic energy sources (ie., nuclear and hydroelectic - natural gas has only 15-20 year life) in Thailand that must be resolved. The former government administration had made contributions in developing a comprehensive energy policy and if the current government has any sense of urgency, it would do well to consider those contributions instead of regurgitating similar policies.

post-171049-0-45221500-1410493340_thumb.

post-171049-0-48339300-1410494055_thumb.

post-171049-0-68884800-1410494125_thumb.

Underground or over, well i suspect the latter, its like spaghetti our there and they know it.

Every now and then the announce we are devising a plan to put cables under in Bangkok and then Pattaya blurts out the same spoof.

Yea sure we are all waiting, any more jokes ?

what gets me is when they cut the power for hours at a time because they claim they cannot supply everyone with it continuously, makes you wonder if they are capable to actually supply the whole of the country and being reliable, somehow I doubt it very much

It's their contribution to the Generals plan to bring hapiness to all Thai households. It will be enough for some scarce lighting while the charcoal heats the meal.

It's their contribution to the Generals plan to bring hapiness to all Thai households. It will be enough for some scarce lighting while the charcoal heats the meal.