Soi by soi, German father searches on foot for sons in Chiang Mai

webfact

This isn't funny this man loves his kids as you can plainly see. I hope you find them soon. Hey I love my kids too If they were taken I would move mountains to find them. If they were kidnapped I would kill whoever got in my way Then slice up the kidnappers very slowly.

• Like 1

Must be awful for any parent put in this position.

The father is clearly doing all he can. I don't suppose he'll get much help, from any source, unless he is prepared to pay for it.

Any news on the 2 daughters the English father was searching for, that his ex-wife took away, despite him having full custody?

It's at time like this you find out that no one if officialdom wants to bother.

To what I have read, they are all safe and sound and back in the UK.

Must be awful for any parent put in this position.

The father is clearly doing all he can. I don't suppose he'll get much help, from any source, unless he is prepared to pay for it.

Any news on the 2 daughters the English father was searching for, that his ex-wife took away, despite him having full custody?

It's at time like this you find out that no one if officialdom wants to bother.

To what I have read, they are all safe and sound and back in the UK.

Good that you know, now please give the link to this story.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think I would be employing the services of a private detective. There is probably collision from other members of the family. Thailand is a big country but very hard to disappear

Presumably the lady will need more money at some point. Has she got and used a bank card. That would give some idea of whereabouts

Have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt about his behaviour towards his wife and children

...and why don't the authorities step in....

...where are basic human rights for foreigners.....

It's possible the authorities are flabbergasted that a father is actually searching for his kids that the wife has run away with, instead of celebrating by going on the piss with his mates.

Not be in Chaingmai now, search further North, where im sure she has relations, if she has a mental problem this will work in his favor, but he needs to get a lawyer.

Thats if he can afford one, if not, how can he afford to look after his sons , which will not go in his favor im afraid !

Of course it doesn't say how long they have been missing in the article.

It says the mother took the kids 3 weeks ago.

I guess a lot will depend on the circumstances of her leaving. If he is properly registered as the father then the police should intervene and at least confirm that the kids are safe, I guess it would be up to a family court to decide rights of access.

I don't want to sound harsh, but she will probably be in touch when she needs money.

Your final remark doesn't sound harsh - it just sounds like ignorant prejudice against Thai mothers.

You, like the rest of us know nothing about the circumstances of this case, yet you instinctively come out with this bigoted comment.

My Thai wife was an excellent mother to our children, and the majority of other Thai women I've known have been exemplary mothers as well.

There are many farangs here who should do everybody a favor and go home.

Well aren't you lucky. Stereotypes are valid when they have a repeated truth to them. My wife is an angel too.

That has nothing to do with the fact that dodgy Thai wives have been known to do this and then essentially ransom the kids back to dad.

for those asking about the two British girls,heres an extract from a british tabloid that ran the story a couple of weeks ago:

Robert Day reunited with daughters in joyous scenes at Thai police station Ananya and Alina Day, aged 11 and six, disappeared during half-term holiday They had been visiting their mother Onwarat Gamlem in her native Thailand Girls, who live in Kent with their father, 38, found after three-month search Gamlen was arrested in Bangkok on Friday following a nationwide manhunt

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2735412/A-big-hug-kiss-dad-The-moment-British-father-reunited-daughters-abducted-Thai-mother-home-country-three-months.html

//Edit by Maestro: added link to source.

...and why don't the authorities step in....

...where are basic human rights for foreigners.....

Do we have any in Thailand? Do the same rights as Thai spouses apply to us? When your Thai wife dies your outta here as far as that visa is concerned. We are not Wanted long term, the 30 day tourists are. We are tolerated for our contribution to Thai society monetary and otherwise.