EDU visa denied by Royal Thai ambassy in Sweden. (language school)

A friend of my tried to get EDU visa to study language in Pattaya.

He had all required paperwork from the school and Thai government. Still the embassy did reject it.

Next week I will try to get a EDU via in Sweden. Maybe my friend lacked some important paper.

There are different rules in different embassies.

In Sweden you need:

Papers from school and Thai goveremnt

Certificate from the Swedish school education minimum high school,

Bank account with 25000 bath minimum for each month you stay in Thailand. (300K for a years visa in a bank)

According to the Language school many are now rejected in embassies in Europe. The school recommend pupils to go to Laos instead.

Wonder how long time Laos will contineu to hand out visas.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bank account with 25000 bath minimum for each month you stay in Thailand. (300K for a years visa in a bank)

So reasonably one would apply for a single entry visa - 75,000 Bt in Bank.

Also because multi-entry visa means doing border hops every three months.

Wonder how long time Laos will continue to hand out visas.

I think it will be for a long time because in Laos with Bt 2,000 each visa they can maintain the entire embassy and consulate operation.

• Like 1

Hard​ for to farang to live on 25,000 a month but possible.

I live think 300k to apply for sounds a 1 year visa with work prohibited is a very reasonable requirement.

A one year retirement visa or one year student visa should have same financial requirement

I live think 300k to apply for sounds a 1 year visa with work prohibited is a very reasonable requirement.

A one year retirement visa or one year student visa should have same financial requirement

Oh really. U compare student with retiree.

Retiree got pension income. A d worked whole life had time to save...

• Like 1

True. When I was fresh out of work I was building my career and savings.

I saved money for short holidays. All I could afford

But if someone wants to travel for more than a year to study Thai 4 hours a week then I think reasonable to expect they have enough saving to live abroad for a year.

I grew up with personal responsibility stressed- If I don't have the money I shouldn't take a long holiday. Is this an unreasonable expectation?

People who want a student visa to America to lesrn English must show financial ability to support theirself for the length of the visa and study 4 hours every day.

Why should Thailand be different expect 25,000 baht a month compared to $3000 a month for America.

But if someone wants to travel for more than a year to study Thai 4 hours a week then I think reasonable to expect they have enough saving to live abroad for a year.

I grew up with personal responsibility stressed- If I don't have the money I shouldn't take a long holiday. Is this an unreasonable expectation?

People who want a student visa to America to lesrn English must show financial ability to support theirself for the length of the visa and study 4 hours every day.

Why should Thailand be different expect 25,000 baht a month compared to $3000 a month for America.

B cuz its third world country?

Yes. Third world country - hence the small 25,000 baht per month for a year expectation.

Studying 4 only hours a week I would either be very bored or spending a lot of money.

Many people want to work after retired to avoid boredom.

How many people on educational visas come to Thailand to study Thai 4 hours a week?

If they came for beaches and to explore Thailand that requires more money.

If they came to learn the language they would want to study at least 2 hours a day.

Border run companies probably don't like education visas because it cuts into their business.

This is my opinion

Do you belive it's cheaper for a student to stay one year in Thailand than it is for a retiree? It would probably be the opposite, because he also need to pay for his school/education

• Like 1

I agree i left my country because I wanted something different. I appreciate Thailand had a culture and people respect their flag and leader.

I think most people wanting educational visas do not have the savings to live a year (even in Thailand) without working.

I think many are providing good services to the country although their visa does not allow work.

I think many hard working, contributing people would prefer another visa but it is not available.

I think Thailand needs major revision on Visas to allow contributing people to stay legal with the correct visa.

I wish quality of Thai language education at schools offering visa would be good enough that half the students would come to learn Thai and not need a visa.

So you are saying it's a third world country for students. But not for a retiree!!!!!

The money is for living one year and support yourself without working. How long time you had to save your money have nothing to do with it. And a lot of students here are over 50 years old like the retirees

• Like 1

So you are saying it's a third world country for students. But not for a retiree!!!!!
Where i said that?

Where i said that?

You wrote that the money should not be the same for a retiree and a student. It cost the same for a student and a retiree to live in a third world country. And the retiree doesn't have to pay for the school

• Like 1

I dont get why u guys bother if someone got money or not or how much. No one with 10k bath would come here for year. They must have funds.

Because a lot of them come with very small funds and then work illegal here. You have had many question about working in your GF shop ;) Or sitting all day beside her in the shop without working ;)

• Like 1

I dont get why u guys bother if someone got money or not or how much. No one with 10k bath would come here for year. They must have funds.

Because a lot of them come with very small funds and then work illegal here. You have had many question about working in your GF shop ;) Or sitting all day beside her in the shop without working ;)

Yeh. I got legal business in thai name and thai workers. I dont really work.

What I mean we should wish always that things be easier and thats with everything.

I dont think making things more strict, or being more watched is good for everyone.

Here its tough already either for retirees or students or tourists.

The more strict it becomes the closer wr get to tyrany...

Because a lot of them come with very small funds and then work illegal here. You have had many question about working in your GF shop wink.png Or sitting all day beside her in the shop without working wink.png

What I mean we should wish always that things be easier and thats with everything.

I dont think making things more strict, or being more watched is good for everyone.

If you wish things to be easier for everyone. Then I don't understand why you don't like retirees to have the same small 300k a year for funds? But instead like them to have much more!!!

Unless of course they were planning on working here illegally ... which of course is why there are financial requirements.

That is immigration police for it. And courts.

Because a lot of them come with very small funds and then work illegal here. You have had many question about working in your GF shop wink.png Or sitting all day beside her in the shop without working wink.png

If you wish things to be easier for everyone. Then I don't understand why you don't like retirees to have the same small 300k a year for funds? But instead like them to have much more!!!
I not mean that. I wish that be the case.

I mean reteeries got some adventages compare to young student in terms of saving time, pension etc.

Even 50 years ago was different economy so it was easier to save. Now its different story...

Like my parents they had easier then me. Like getting house for example..

Today youngsters cant afford it.

Or study in uk. See whats the annual fee. Like 24k £ and regular salary 16k year..

Edited by mataleo

If you have a legal businesses with workers then you are working. Managing staff and business finances takes time and stress.

Someone under 30 years is probably more will to share a room and always eat noodles on the street. Generally older people want nicer accommodation and more expensive food.

I laugh at posts about bring gf over on education visa. Its not a gf visa.

I still contend a true student (not working) wanting to learn Thai would study every day for 2 hours(80% attendance to maintain visa) and immerse themselves in the language.

I think Thailand needs other visas that allow people that contribute to Thailand to work legally

If you have a legal businesses with workers then you are working. Managing staff and business finances takes time and stress.

Someone under 30 years is probably more will to share a room and always eat noodles on the street. Generally older people want nicer accommodation and more expensive food.

I laugh at posts about bring gf over on education visa. Its not a gf visa.

I still contend a true student (not working) wanting to learn Thai would study every day for 2 hours(80% attendance to maintain visa) and immerse themselves in the language.

I think Thailand needs other visas that allow people that contribute to Thailand to work legally

I dont manage thais do everything.

And open 10 money exchanges takes more money they u say students should have.

U get me.

Edited by mataleo

whistling.gif I am a retiree, living in Bangkok.

A lot of silly things being said on this topic, but I'm just going to ignore them mostly.

The silliest though I've got to comment on.

Someone said the retirees don't have to pay for the school.

Why in heaven would you believe that?

No, I don't have to pay for a ED visa if I am here already retired, but the school would still want money for the language classes wouldn't they?

Or are you admitting that the only reason you want to go to school to get a visa?

• Like 1

whistling.gif I am a retiree, living in Bangkok.

A lot of silly things being said on this topic, but I'm just going to ignore them mostly.

The silliest though I've got to comment on.

Someone said the retirees don't have to pay for the school.

Why in heaven would you believe that?

No, I don't have to pay for a ED visa if I am here already retired, but the school would still want money for the language classes wouldn't they?

Or are you admitting that the only reason you want to go to school to get a visa?

People that stay with a retirement extension don't need a ED visa. And because of that they pay a lot less to stay here. Paying for school/ED visa cost a lot more than paying for a retirement extension

Financial ability to live without working for the length of the visa would be minimum requirement.

2 hours a day, 5 days a week, 80% attendance, with every 3 months standardized test showing progress.

This seems reasonable for people requesting visa for the purpose of studying Thai.

I want to learn Thai but most schools seem more interested in providing visas than teaching Thai language.

• Like 1

Do you belive it's cheaper for a student to stay one year in Thailand than it is for a retiree? It would probably be the opposite, because he also need to pay for his school/education

LOL

I think it is funny that people that are trying to scam the system think that there should be no rules for them.

mataleo

If you do not have any money how do you expect to live in Thailand. How do you pay your bills?

Yes I am retired and yes i have a pension but I also have less expenses than you as i do not want to go partying or spend money on a course for Thai.

For an embassy to damand 25k for a month is about right and seems reasonable. Lets face it if your school is in BKK or a Pattaya your expenses are going tob e high as there is higher cost of living.

agree 100%...........and the expenses to stay here are lower for a retiree than it is for an ED student........25k a month is a very low sum...and I can't understand if anyone complain about such a low financial requirements

• Like 2