Good stores for decent brand bike wear/helmets

darkian

I did a quick search here but it turned up a ton of out of date posts. Google searches are ok but Thai websites often suck, plus it's hard to get an idea of a store's reputation. First-hand buyer experience is very important - I like good recommendations in that regard, especially when buying helmets. I went to one of the KTM stores in Phnom Penh (against my friend's advice to not buy helmet's from shops that mainly sell bikes) and they were rubbish - they didn't have my size and offered me one that was obviously too big.

Anyway, I searched again, seems like Panda Rider could be a good place to start.

Thanks.

I can recommend Panda Rider.

Others like Paddock.

And there is a Dainese store.

And i heard of a new Alpinestars store somwhere in Bangkok. Not sure about this.

The Alpinestars store is part of Paddock, just next door.

Paddock has good range of HJC and Shoei helmets, some Arai too I think

• Like 2

I think I saw an Alpinestars shop at K Village near Rama 4 - is that the same one?

Anyway today I went to Panda Rider (100 baht each way taxi from BTS Mo Chit or MRT Lad Phrao) and was impressed with their stock. The guy who looked after me didn't speak much English, but I still ended up walking out a lot poorer than when I went in. Bought an awesome Schuberth C3 Pro - twice what I was planning to spend on a helmet, but the comfort was way better than any of the cheaper ones. It worked out cheaper to buy the discount membership for 2000 baht (5-10%), and I expect I'll go back at some point for a better jacket, pants and maybe some footwear.

Thanks again for all the recommendations.

• Like 1

..., but I still ended up walking out a lot poorer than when I went in.

I noticed that drawback too everytime i visited Panda thumbsup.gif

Dainese shop isnt that far from Panda iirr. So if the Revit jackets do not fit you can always go and compare with Dainese. They have lots of nice stuff too.

Bought an HJC CL-17 helmet at Paddock 3 days ago. 4200B. It's a great helmet (for the price range). Was my first time in the shop and first time in any shop in Bangkok so can't comment on how it compares to other places. Lots of helmets. Fair amount of jackets and accessories also. Overall a very good experience. You can check their website before going for stock and prices.

new alpinestars shop is at rama4. never went there but they have stocks.

panda, paddock and arai shop next to dainese are good choices for helmets and also gear.

but i am also a panda! member but it came automatically and i did not buy.

Edited by ll2

^

Seems the membership conditions at Panda have changed. If you look at the homepage there is this hint picture:

main09.gif

Not sure about the 5%. I always thought a member would get 10% discount on everything. Hope they dont want to change this for old members. I remember i automatically became a member 3 years ago when i bought things for more than 10,000 Baht. Did not have to pay 2,000 Baht either.

Edited by wantan

IMO

Panda Rider has some great quality gear. Top helmets and their Rev'it clothing is pricey but top quality.

Paddock is decent I suppose, but their horrible staff make me dread every trip there.

The Dianese shop is very nice but a bit pricey; AGV shop is next door.

The new Alpinestars shop is on Rama IV opposite K Village.(next to the Vespa shop) Nice big new shop. A bit pricier than Paddock but they have new stock. You can buy A'Stars socks for 800B!!! cool...not laugh.png I won't even talk about the price of their T-shirts.

The guy talking to me about my helmet said 10%, but the woman who took my money said 5-10%. Thing is my helmet was 23000, gloves 2400 and membership 2000, but somehow in total it only came to 23100 (rather than 25400 - 10% + 2000 = 24860). I wasn't complaining since effectively I got gloves and membership for 100 baht.

320shop in ChinaTown has most things u need ! . also cheapest in Thailand . . . . .

yeah but all the wear gear there is fake.

Only Scorpion Helmets and a couple of helmet brands are not fake there and that is all.

still, if you want a 1500 thb Alpine starts jacket that will fade away under the sun and get problems soon, 320 sp is the place.

^

Seems the membership conditions at Panda have changed. If you look at the homepage there is this hint picture:

main09.gif

Not sure about the 5%. I always thought a member would get 10% discount on everything. Hope they dont want to change this for old members. I remember i automatically became a member 3 years ago when i bought things for more than 10,000 Baht. Did not have to pay 2,000 Baht either.

I don't think anything has changed. It says "Receive an immediate 5-10% discount when you are a Panda Rider member. Simply spend more than THB 2,000 on your first purchase and receive an immediate 5-10% discount on your next bill, as well as various special privileges as arranged by the store".

So if you're going to buy two items or more, buy one (as long as it's over THB 2000) as a first purchase, then walk back to cash desk and buy the rest with a discount. That's what I did when I bought some things first time I went to Panda, actually following the advice of the sales girl.

• Like 2