Police Seek Activist's Extradition For 'Blackshirt' Charges

Lite Beer

Democratic countries won't extradite anybody to a dictatorship. Quite right too seeing that they've already roughed her up once. They're obviously after payback.

she will be extradited. Wait and see.

I very much doubt whether she will be extradited, unless she has been silly enough to take refuge in another country ruled by a military junta!

Possibly the first of many?

• Like 1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason that I can imagine for refusing extradition of a terrorist, given that their is ample evidence as is claimed, is if the junta insists on the death penalty.

Why would a perfectly good extradition treaty be abrogated without evidence that there was widespread abuse of authority. Treaties work both ways and no country wants to create a haven for terrorists by refusing to follow the existing treaty.

• Like 1

The General has said he has the names of all the people responsible for all the unrest and corruption in Thailand, and people would be surprised.

Did you make that up?

What he said (BP) is that he knows who is behind the acquisition of and financing for the weapons used by the "men in black" and people would be surprised.

There is a difference.

Since at least in here, most people would certainly not be surprised to hear him say Mr T - I wonder who he's referring to?

Perhaps someone in Bangkok that has been very quiet lately.

• Like 2

I know that some of the intellects behind the Red Shirt movement are not perhaps the keenest around, but hiring mercenary gunmen to brass up your opponents, and then leaving the payslips lying around does rather stretch credulity just a bit don't you think?

No, it doesn't, operating with the (apparent) complicity of the police may have had some part to play in being so careless.

It's not as if it would be the first time, the Red Shirt bomb maker that blew himself up together with half a condo and its occupants had been receiving payments from a PTP MP secretary, from an ATM at government house if I remember correctly. Now that the RTP seems to be getting a bit less lethargic regarding cases connected with the UDD and PTP they may want to dig out the dossiers for that case from the rubbish bin..

Oh come on! Jag is right there - payslips!!! Why, were they paying income tax?

The General has said he has the names of all the people responsible for all the unrest and corruption in Thailand, and people would be surprised.

Did you make that up?

What he said (BP) is that he knows who is behind the acquisition of and financing for the weapons used by the "men in black" and people would be surprised.

There is a difference.

Since at least in here, most people would certainly not be surprised to hear him say Mr T - I wonder who he's referring to?

could also be a woman who doesn't like whistles

Did you make that up?

There is a difference.

could also be a woman who doesn't like whistles

In 2010? Now you're just making up Sh*t to troll aren't you? (and not very well either)

EDIT - all that being said and done - why doesn't the all-powerful PM just tell us? I mean, in the current interim constitution, who is going to sue him for defamation?

anyone? *crickets chirping*

Edited by airconsult

Can you seriously believe all the BS. Kritsuda was arrested on May 28 which the military authority denied at first. Then out of the blue on June 23 she appeared on TV, expressed happiness and said she go volunteer for protection. She was released the next day and within a short two months, Pol Gen Somyot said they have all the incriminating evidence. Super efficient sleuth that could conclude all strong evidence within 2 months after they release her.

Just like the Sgt-major that supposedly shot Sondhi - I doubt she will ever be caught or questioned.

Story will be buried soon - say goodnight

Democratic countries won't extradite anybody to a dictatorship. Quite right too seeing that they've already roughed her up once. They're obviously after payback.

It works for Ed Snowden although i wouldn't call russia a full on democracy, just a relative democracy.

Can you seriously believe all the BS. Kritsuda was arrested on May 28 which the military authority denied at first. Then out of the blue on June 23 she appeared on TV, expressed happiness and said she go volunteer for protection. She was released the next day and within a short two months, Pol Gen Somyot said they have all the incriminating evidence. Super efficient sleuth that could conclude all strong evidence within 2 months after they release her.

If people are rolling over on her, two months is a lot of time.

• Like 2

I very much doubt whether she will be extradited, unless she has been silly enough to take refuge in another country ruled by a military junta!

Possibly the first of many?

If there is an extradition treaty, between that country and Thailand she may well be.

Don't see many countries really isolating Thailand now. And certainly haven't seen one, not one single country, express support for Yingluck, her criminal brother's amnesty, PTP or the UDD.

Europe really 'welcomed' Ms. Yingluck, but I must admit that might be related to shopping habits and the positive effect on a countries GDP rolleyes.gif

I know that some of the intellects behind the Red Shirt movement are not perhaps the keenest around, but hiring mercenary gunmen to brass up your opponents, and then leaving the payslips lying around does rather stretch credulity just a bit don't you think?

Not really much more than the denial by UDD leaders the MiB exist.

Are you really complaining that the junta didn't behave democratically at first and following you complain they did ?

Anyway, you don't have to worry, Ms. Yingluck is not (yet) implicated with the MiB, although there are some interesting wikileaks from 2009.

Posts containing comments that could be construed being negative toward the imposition of the Military Junta or Coup have been removed.

Inflammatory baiting posts and inflammatory replies have been removed as well.

A post with messed up quotes has been removed.

Edited by metisdead

I see recently that there have been more than one person extradited from Thailand to other countries where they are wanted on various charges.

This must set some sort of a precedent for the countries which have had those people returned.

As in "We honored your extradition request we would hope you would reciprocate"

Even with other countries it shows that Thailand is willing to cooperate in returning runaway criminals so when they (Thailand) make a request it would be more likely that request would be looked on with favor.

• Like 1

If they had this evidence why did they let her go? What a joke!

They needed time to manufacture the evidence because she refused to toe-the-line following her interrogation. They are just following through with the threats made against her while she was in their custody.

Made that up all on your own?

Let's wait and see when the evidence is presented. Hopefully more tangible than the invisible injuries she received from her claimed, and totally unproven, torture.

• Like 1

I can understand them finding payslips, because the person who employed them may have wanted to claim a refund from someone. But employment contracts? Get real! What terrorist employer in the world would insist on employment contracts.

Position: Hired killer. Duties: Shoot at whoever I tell you....

It all sounds a bit too convenient to me unless a translation mistake in the reporting.

• Like 2

I can understand them finding payslips, because the person who employed them may have wanted to claim a refund from someone. But employment contracts? Get real! What terrorist employer in the world would insist on employment contracts.

Position: Hired killer. Duties: Shoot at whoever I tell you....

It all sounds a bit too convenient to me unless a translation mistake in the reporting.

You need to look at some of the ISIS/ISIL/Islamic State records that have been captured. Not, of course, that the Red Shirts and their sponsors are in any way as ruthless or as competent.

Her "ordeal in military custody" as Kahosod puts it, was, according to her (reported elsewhere) to have included repeated punches to the face and body.

Yet no bruising has ever been shown from these alleged beatings.

If they had happened one would have expected her to be very keen to show off the marks of the mistreatment she received as proof of the brutality she claims.

Why was she held for 27 days (well past the junta's self imposed 7 day time limit)? Maybe to give the bruises time to disappear?

The junta said that they would only hold people for 7 days. And here they are holding her for much longer. At first when the junta took her into custody, they denied knowing her whereabouts. It was only later that it came to light that they had been holding her all along. Can we (or the courts that will decide whether or not to extradite her to face persecution by a military regime) really believe anything they say now?

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

hahahaha, typical red shirt innuendo, they are only doing it because she lied about what happened. The fact they have physical evidence means nothing to them because anything that points to reds guilt is not allowed according to them. What would be even better would be to see them actually issue an arrest warrant for thaksin and to cancel his passport but somehow I doubt that will happen, still too many in his "gifting" circle high up. This lady though needs to be fragged back here and the evidence put up in a court of law and then she can do the appropriate jail time thats if she is still alive, somehow I dont think she will be left to point out the actual leaders in this saga, she will just disappear before it can happen

Well you do have a good point about her permanently disappearing. People who could seriously damage Thaksin have been known to disappear mysteriously.whistling.gif If she can be brought back to the country why not Thaksin?sad.png

Her "ordeal in military custody" as Kahosod puts it, was, according to her (reported elsewhere) to have included repeated punches to the face and body.

Yet no bruising has ever been shown from these alleged beatings.

If they had happened one would have expected her to be very keen to show off the marks of the mistreatment she received as proof of the brutality she claims.

She reported it two weeks after her release. As she knew any earlier and their would have been damage still visible to the eye and defiantly to a closer examination.. If I recall correctly she did not even see a doctor.wai.gif

Edited by northernjohn
  • Like 1

she will be extradited. Wait and see.

If the evidence is there and they have a treaty with that country she will be extradited. But even if that is all true it can be a time consuming affair. Remember the Russian arms dealer extradited to the States. That took quite a while.

Does any one know any thing about this dictatorship jesimps is talking about. I know here in Thailand we had a failed attempt at one.

Did you make that up?

There is a difference.

Perhaps he has not been on the ear medicine lately