BKK Students Killed In Suspected Gang Assassination

Lite Beer

BKK Students Killed In Suspected Gang Assassination

14105906711410590713l.jpg

By Khaosod Eng.

BANGKOK — Two college students were shot dead and a third was seriously injured in what police suspect was a fight between rival gangs in Bangkok yesterday evening.

Two students from Pathumwan Institute of Technology were killed while they were riding a motorcycle on Tert Damri Road near Bang Sue train station at around 5 pm yesterday, police say.

Witnesses told police they saw another motorcyclist pull up next to the students and open fire on the pair before speeding away. The two students, 18 and 21 years old, were killed by the gunshots, Pol.Col. Chamnarn Waicharoen said.

Hours earlier another shooting also occurred in the same area. A student from Rajamangala University of Technology Rattanakosin (RUTR) was shot by an unidentified assailant while he was riding on a Bangkok - Lopburi train that had stopped at Bang Sue Train Station.

CCTV footage and witnesses' testimony indicate that a gunman ran up to the train shortly after it stopped at the station, opened fire on the 20-year-old student, and ran away from the scene. The student was severely injured by the gunshot, police say.

The suspect was described as a lean man with short hair wearing a white T-shirt and jeans at the time of the attack. Police have urged citizens to report any information related to the incident.

Pol.Maj.Gen. Chantawit Ramasut, deputy commander of Metropolitan Police Bureau, said the two cases may be related, but stressed that more investigation is needed. Parents of the students involved in the two shootings have been summoned to give testimony, he added.

Bangkok’s technical colleges are known for their association with rival gangs whose confrontations occasionally turn deadly.

Last night, police in Samut Prakarn arrested 13 college students who were carrying a number of swords and knives near Kanchanapisek Road. Police say the arrest was a part of crackdown on student gang violence in the area.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1410590671

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-09-13

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wonder wether they discuss these criminal incidents. How is the first period on monday morning at the Pathumwan Institute of Technology after a weekend like this? "Good morning boys and girls, please open up your books page 64 and continue work on excercise Nr. 3b."...?

Edited by jackinthebox
  • Like 2

In the photo the weapons look like flat iron strips, sharpened on one side with a handle wielded or attached to it.

Simple to make. But wow would they be effective.

It is hard to imagine a student would use one of these weapons on another student.

I imagine they stow these weapons on their motorcycles drawing them out like a sword to slash at the opposition.

Vicious stuff mate!

• Like 1

I swear, Thailand is becoming more like the wild west with each passing day.

Been a big problem with rival gangs from different colleges in Bangkok for a long time.

Remember well ,10 years ago, while working in THE MALL BANGKAPI a confrontation with 2 gangs one chasing the other with knives in hand. Security just stood at watched as they rampaged through the Mall.Police turned up 10 mins later and they were long gone.

My students at the time told me hatred runs deep amongst some colleges and there is no control over behaviour. I trust they get more than a slap on the wrist and for most it will be descending into a life of crime.

• Like 1

"whose confrontations occasionally turn deadly".

Seems like every week is an occasion.

It SURE is !

10 years ago where i lived in south Pattaya i witnessed during one of the so many (karaoke gang) confrontations, that a young punk was cut his arm off with such a sword you see in the pic in this article, while others on motorbikes were shooting around....

This IS the Wild West !! w00t.gif

• Like 2

The youth of today are the result of a combination of poor parenting and low grade education coupled with a lack of enforcement and poor role models. They reflect a large portion of the character and culture of this country.

Sorry chap but the same is happening in many countries that have perfect education and social security. It's the new age, INTERNET, tv soaps of violence. To me it is a brainwashing of the weak in mind..

when will we see someone with the balls to cancel the education of these idiots and make it so they can never go back into a learning institution again. Until they realize that their actions are going to destroy any chance of a future for them this will continue to happen as they play their idiotic games. There is no room for violence at any school nor for any reason, this is abslute bullsh*t.

It is quite doubtful they care much about their future already. The only positive effect of putting them out of school would be to make the classes slightly easier to teach.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The machetes are not determined to peel potatoes.
Maybe they should generally prohibit in cities to wear this kind of machetes.
Is not the first time that people are being slaughtered so.
It amazes me what kind of weapons are sold openly on the fairgrounds.

Sold as tools, used as weapons. Nothing much you can do about that in the rural areas.

when will we see someone with the balls to cancel the education of these idiots and make it so they can never go back into a learning institution again. Until they realize that their actions are going to destroy any chance of a future for them this will continue to happen as they play their idiotic games. There is no room for violence at any school nor for any reason, this is abslute bullsh*t.

I think I might be inclined to take it a step further and hit up the partents for financial compensation to the victims, as well as the city (police, hospitals, etc). Locking the perps up for a long time would also do wonders, preferably in a chain gang somewhere.

This really HAS to stop and the powers that be NEED to do something concrete to put an end to it.

Everyone would agree....but you need to be reminded ( maybe you forgot ) the Thai authorities have always had more important pursuits....such as cracking down on visa and immigration violations

That particular realm of law enforcement is where they are deemed qualified to focus their efforts on.

However, murder and assassinations are ....well what can one say!

I swear, Thailand is becoming more like the wild west with each passing day.

This is nothing new. Been going on for decades with these rival schools.

Yes, it has. But it should be noted that 99% of the kids have nothing to do with these activities and are as equally horrified by it as posters on here. That said, it's well past time for the heads of these institutions to be accountable for the climate of rivalry fostered/endorsed, if not actively encouraged, within them. The rectors/directors are NEVER heard on the issue of violent incidents. I would sack them and appoint people who care and who might have some idea of how to curtail it.

The youth of today are the result of a combination of poor parenting and low grade education coupled with a lack of enforcement and poor role models. They reflect a large portion of the character and culture of this country.

Sorry chap but the same is happening in many countries that have perfect education and social security. It's the new age, INTERNET, tv soaps of violence. To me it is a brainwashing of the weak in mind..

Not so.

In my country, Canada, we have Internet, and soaps.

Teens do not go about killing each other.

And just think about the Rwanda genocide, they had no Internet, and no TV, and no games with violence.

Cultural. They take it from available information.

Certainly not from the absent fathers...