BKK Students Killed In Suspected Gang Assassination

Lite Beer

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The youth of today are the result of a combination of poor parenting and low grade education coupled with a lack of enforcement and poor role models. They reflect a large portion of the character and culture of this country.

You've hit the nail on the head, add a little Yaba and it will continue and increase. As the males become more displaced with lack of education which leads to opportunies that at a young age decided to quit school and lack of parenting increases as the new young Thai's are following the steps of the West to buy off their childern and no clue what their child is up too.

They are cleaning up the corruption in Thailand only to have these young gangs prepare to attack rich tourist and business people.

I swear, Thailand is becoming more like the wild west with each passing day.

I swear, Thailand is becoming more like the USA with each passing day.

How much more till we see the Thai likes of the Jerry Springer or Maury nitwits on the airwaves.

I seem to remember a Thai version of The Weakest Link was tried but didn't last. The female quiz master dressed in black exactly like Anne Robinson and used the same type of biting remarks towards the contestants.

Mr. T, PM in residence at the time, criticised the show saying it wasn't how Thais behaved or words to that effect.

oh boy this has me in stitches lmao

how to stop angry young men from low socio economic backgrounds from fighting?

near impossible with the proximity of the schools in Bkk

you don't see it between chonburi, pattaya and rayong, no turf wars to far apart

what you do see upcountry when a big festival in on, the rival schools that are quite a distance apart all end up in the one place

and the violence begins

sounds a simple but the distance is a huge factor, just some of my experience and firsthand observations.

13 college students who were carrying a number of swords and knives

My how times have changed...we use to carry books...when I was in college...not nearly as exciting...or dangerous...

don't know, my books could give very nasty paper cuts and you might need a dressing

I am very worried about the youth of Thailand. I realize these goombas are not representative of the majority of youths here. But, alot seem lost, adrift, have been subject to little or no discipline by their parents, and do not have the respect for their elders, nor for authority that the previous generations had. The youth of today seem to be a poor reflection on Thai culture, nor the best of what Thailand has to offer. Where does this leave us, when the current generation is adrift, without much in the way of values or respect for others? It is kind of a scary prospect.

Simple fix same colleges involved? close them. Finger print all enrolled then send to rock quarry to further there education. they can learn math like how many hits with a sledge hammer does it take to break 6 ton boulder in the sun of hot day to size of sand.cheesy.gif

when will we see someone with the balls to cancel the education of these idiots and make it so they can never go back into a learning institution again. Until they realize that their actions are going to destroy any chance of a future for them this will continue to happen as they play their idiotic games. There is no room for violence at any school nor for any reason, this is abslute bullsh*t.

I think I might be inclined to take it a step further and hit up the partents for financial compensation to the victims, as well as the city (police, hospitals, etc). Locking the perps up for a long time would also do wonders, preferably in a chain gang somewhere.

This really HAS to stop and the powers that be NEED to do something concrete to put an end to it.

Everyone would agree....but you need to be reminded ( maybe you forgot ) the Thai authorities have always had more important pursuits....such as cracking down on visa and immigration violations

That particular realm of law enforcement is where they are deemed qualified to focus their efforts on.

However, murder and assassinations are ....well what can one say!

I disagree, Thais are children until the age of 18 and what they do as children is simply tolerated and ignored as if it never happened. When my stepson was murdered earlier this year, the evidence officer told me that the older students - who had already committed similar acts of violence, require the youngsters to do the same before they can join the gang.

A right of passage and no one does anything about it.

Many adult Thais will take cover if they see a group of poly technical students on the streets, they know what to expect.

The students don't care who else they kill in their desire to kill rivals.

This problem is decades old and is one that perhaps the General can sort out once and for all.

He has made many over due reforms, actually applying existing laws, requiring the police to do the jobs for which they are being paid. It is refreshing to see and what Thailand has needed for a very long time.

The OP mentions a crack down, maybe he is already on this one - I do hope so.

I guess soon Thailand will make its name printed as one of the most dangerous country to visit.....

This is already so. I am only surprised that so many people seem unaware of it Walk confidently with your head up, but avoid confrontation, and you have a chance of staying alive.

Arrest them, no bail. Convict if guilty, put in orange suits and leg irons. On suit write "Former student at XYZ tech school" in large letters on back and have them clean out klongs etc near the schools, under supervision of awake cops with shotguns. That might get the word about ya think?

• Like 1

These kids are only semi educated savages.

They are given the money to get " educated " and the family protection to help with his normal stupid instincts.

Same thing happened in Chiang Rai until vigilantly groups warned them off. Police then reacted and it stopped.

the negative influence of farang hits again...

Yes, 'must find some way to blame the west for this. Can't possibly be anything homegrown. Come on, Somchai, think of something! Quick!

Hmmm - too much heavy mental lifting required, I guess. Well, OK. Let's just hit these white devils with the good ol' f-word and some, vague, one-size fits all, no-imagination required, comfortably xenophobic, "evil influence" thing...