double tourist visa in Honk Kong

Hi everyone! I've been reading this forum and gaining helpful info for years; now that I may have something to contribute, I have signed up.

I am Canadian and I have been here on a non-b visa (with work permit) for a little over six years. I have left my job and I am now taking time off for traveling. I have just returned to Bangkok from Singapore, where I spent an entire week, after a month in Manila and a week in Hong Kong (not sure how relevant it is but it does show I am actually traveling.)

I applied for a double tourist visa at the Royal Thai Consulate in Hong Kong on 4 August in the morning and received my visa the next morning (on the 5th). I submitted: filled application form, passport-size photos, photocopies of passport pages, and e-tickets in and out of Thailand (from Singapore, to and from Cambodia, to and from Nepal,) and HK$600 (HK$300/entry). The visa is valid for six months: enter before 3 Feb 2015. I spent less than 15 minutes at the consulate on both days and all went very smoothly.

I first requested a triple-entry visa but was politely told they only issue double-entry visas.

I flew into Don Mueang Airport from Singapore yesterday with minimal hassle.

The Consulate is conveniently located, a short walk away from points of interest such as Hong kong Park and the Bank of China where one can see the city from the 43rd floor.

Edited by scavenger
  • Like 2

In the 2013 single entry report for Hong Kong, the OP wrote that he was told he could get a double-entry if he could provide the air tickets, so I took his lead and prepared photocopies of three tickets (but a triple-entry visa could not be issued in HK.) Air tickets can often be purchased at a much lower price when booked several months in advance. And now I am glad that I can go visit Cambodia for nine days without a trip to the embassy there, and have time to get out of Phnom Phen, perhaps even take the boat to Angkor Wat.

Edited by scavenger

• 1 year later...

I'm currently finishing up my first 3 months of my double entry visa and am aiming to go to Hong Kong. I have until September 22 and will be in HK from September 20 - September 22. Is this the proper way of going about activating my second entry and will there be any issues with this?

Thanks for the help in advance!