Local immigration refuses to do 90 day report

Hello,

A friend living in the south contacted me and asked for help. He has a type B visa that he got from Pattaya immigration. He told me that, for the last 9 months he was doing his 90 day reporting at the local immigration office without any problems. But this time they refused to do the reporting and told him to go Pattaya and report to the immigration office there. He also told me that he visa expires on 17th of March.

So what are his options now? I think it his too late for him to do the reporting by mail. Other then going to Pattaya are there any options? And if he can not do the reporting, does he only have to pay 5000 baht fine?

Thanks

Good question, but no answer from me sorry, I am also in this predicament, doing my 90 days in Pattaya but moving up to (near) Buriram. I would hate to go back to Pattaya for the 90 days report while we are building our house.

Asked already 2 members who live near that Immigration, but no definite answers about this.

Edited by MJCM

He apparently has an extension of stay based upon working not a B visa. That means it is tied to him having a job and a work permit that is issued for him to work in one location unless it is noted in the work permit.

I suspect that is why they told him to report in Pattaya. He might still have time to do the report by mail if he sent it by EMS. When was his report due?

The normal fine for late reporting is 2000 baht.

Good question, but no answer from me sorry, I am also in this predicament, doing my 90 days in Pattaya but moving up to (near) Buriram. I would hate to go back to Pattaya for the 90 days report while we are building our house.

Asked already 2 members who live near that Immigration, but no definite answers about this.

You can make your report to Kap Chong immigration as long as you have a local address to put on the TM47 form.

It is normal to be able to make your report to any immigration office as long as you have a local address.

• Like 2

You can make your report to Kap Chong immigration as long as you have a local address to put on the TM47 form.

It is normal to be able to make your report to any immigration office as long as you have a local address.

Thanks UJ,

will just have to bite the bullet and do my next 90 day there.

Maybe it's just that I don't wanna travel +- 180 Kms to be turned down and I have to drive another 450km ++ just to do that 90 day report.

But will try and will report back after I have done that

Thanks again

wai.gif

You can do 90 day where ever you like.If they ask,you are on holidays.Done it many times.

Maybe if your friend's visa allows him to go in and without problems and he's in the south, he could

Cross a border and back rather than go to Pattaya and his 90 days starts again on his entry, or, if he has someone trust worthy in pattaya he could EMS his passport for them to do and EMS back to him.

For the guy in Buriram couldn't you do by post?

My understanding is that you have to report at the office assigned to your residence. My office, at Amnat Chroen --a three hour drive -- refuses to accept by post (or at least complains loudly when I go in to do the visa, and you want to keep these people happy). As suggested you could leave the country and come back--if you have a re-entry permit, to reset the reporting clock. Or you could ignore it and wait till you next leave the country and hope they don't notice. In the old days, I went many years without reporting; then they started checking at visa-renewal time (I was doing it at changwattana). Just a 2000 B. fine at the window.

You can do 90 day where ever you like.If they ask,you are on holidays.Done it many times.

Thanks for this but as I said in a previous post

Maybe it's just that I don't wanna travel +- 180 Kms to be turned down and I have to drive another 450km ++ just to do that 90 day report.

I will just try it next time and will report back .

He apparently has an extension of stay based upon working not a B visa. That means it is tied to him having a job and a work permit that is issued for him to work in one location unless it is noted in the work permit.

I suspect that is why they told him to report in Pattaya. He might still have time to do the report by mail if he sent it by EMS. When was his report due?

The normal fine for late reporting is 2000 baht.

In Phuket it was sometimes only 1000 Baht fine depending on the officer, which indicates their probably just pocketing the money. But it may be stricter these days.

Likewise, with no problems.

Once you are near Buriram your Immigration office is in Kap Choeng but you need to check because depending on your address Nakhon Ratchasima may still be the one for you.

Once you are near Buriram your Immigration office is in Kap Choeng but you need to check because depending on your address Nakhon Ratchasima may still be the one for you.

And how do i find out ? Drive first to Korat and if they refuse me, I drive to Kap Choeng or v.v. ?

What i have seen Kap choeng is the immigration for me (I hope as Korat is a 300km roundtrip).

Ps: for the person who suggested send my passport to friends in Pattaya for the 90 day report, Sorry but NO WAY I will do that. Rather drive :wai:

But again, I will do my next report at Kap Choeng and will see what happens, I have a (local) address to put on the TM form, so I hope it goes oke.

Edited by MJCM

Do you have any friends in Pattaya still? You do not have to do 90 report yourself ... Anyone can do it for you.

Mail passport to a friend, they do 90 day report and mail it back to you

Actually it is my friend who is having the problem, not me. But I haven't heard from him again yet. As far as I understand, his report date is due. And it says "If you are late your 90 day reporting must be done in person so that you can pay the fine of 2000 baht." at this page: http://www.thaivisa.com/427-0.html

But I'm not sure if he has to pay the fine in Pattaya or if he can pay at any other immigration across the country.

Or like another mentioned... If you leave the country, 90 days starts again... Where are you now? Anywhere near a border? Do you already have re-entry permit? If so, can just in/out at boarder if easier than going to Pattaya

Yes, this also seems like a nice option. So if he leaves and re enters, does he still have to pay the fine for previous report due?

Thanks for your help

Maybe try reporting early see what happens

Maybe try reporting early see what happens

I have done that, but as you maybe know, you can do only that max 15 days before ! And sometimes that is not workable.

But I have asked my BIL to go and find out for me , as he knows someone who regularly drives to Chong Chom Market and they could stop by Kap Choeng.

Edited by MJCM