Visa Based On Investment!

is it possible to push 3,000,000 baht to my home country, then bring it back proving the money came from home country?

what happens to the money, what does it entitle me for?

is it 1 year visa?

what am I entitled to do to live in thailand based on a 1 Year

anyone tried this? any info would be great!

thanks

Yes; money out of Thailand followed by back in should work just fine. Naturally you might also have trouble getting the money OUT.

It is a 1 year visa extension based on investment. No visaruns needed. Renewed as long as you hold the investment in place.

The money should be invested in approved investment - typically in gov bank time deposit paying about 5% interest currently, or in a condo.

Cheers!

I'm confused about the Thai visa based on investment of 3 million baht.

1. My understanding from reading Thai consulate pages is that one is granted a 1 year, temporary residence permit based on this investment. Is this temporary residence permit equivalent to a visa?

2. The Thai Consulate, Washington, D.C. website says, regarding the 3 million baht residence permit, "Prior to entering the country, applicants must have an appropriate kind of visa from a Thai Consulate abroad." What is this appropriate kind of visa?

3. The Thai Immigration Bureau website only lists the 3 million baht visa under its "Visa Extension" area. Should I assume, then, that this visa is a 1-year extension of another kind of visa?

4. For purposes of presenting the right documents to obtain this visa, what rules does it fall under? Is it under the 'IB' visa rules? Or is this visa in its own category? The only documents listed on the Thai Immigration Bureau website as being required are those that confirm the appropriate investment was made. My main concern, as a US passport holder, is that the FBI in the US takes 8 or more weeks to provide the police statement that is required by some Thai visa rules, which is a long time.

5. If I want to travel outside Thailand during the time I have this visa, then re-enter Thailand, must I pay a 1900 baht fee for every re-entry into Thailand? What are the rules regarding re-entry during the time this visa is valid?

6. I understand that one is not required to leave Thailand every 90 days. Instead, one merely reports to immigration every 90 days. Is this correct?

7. If so, then is leving Thailand and re-entering equivalent to reporting to immigration, and that I would not be required to report to immigration in the case that I have left and re-entered Thailand?

8. Is it true that one must purchase a new condo directly from the developer for a condo investment to qualify as a valid investment? I've seen rumors to this effect on the web, but I haven't seen any official documents that indicate this is so.

9. What is the sequence of steps required to obtain this visa? Can it all be done outside of Thailand, or must one visit Thailand on some other sort of visa, leave, then re-enter?

zz.fugazi

By the numbers:

1. It is an extension of stay issued by Immigration.

2. Non immigrant (or at least a tourist 60 day visa which can be changed).

3. Yes. It is an extension of a non immigrant visa.

4. IB - Immigration Bureau.

5. Wrong. You must have a re entry permit (prior to travel) at cost of 1,000 baht or a multi type at cost of 3,800 baht.

6. When you remain in Thailand longer than 90 days you must report your address to immigration. You do not report if outside the country and time clock starts when you return.

7. You report address 90 days after a TM.6 (entry card) arrival.

8. The requirements are subject to change so you should always check directly with Immigration. Presently this direct purchase seems to be the rule.

9. You can only do this inside of Thailand directly with Immigration. You enter on a visa per question 2. If you so that you will not have to leave the country. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=service#

Thank you, lopburi3.

Your answers raise just a couple more questions:

-You say, "2. Non immigrant (or at least a tourist 60 day visa which can be changed)."

A 60 day tourist visa would be the easiest visa to obtain to enter Thailand to take care of the details of obtaining the 3-million baht 'IB' visa. I'd like to deposit the 3-million baht into a government bank to start, then either buy a condo or move the funds into government bonds later. Would the government banks make an exception to their rule (gossip I've heard, I really don't know for sure) that a person visiting on a tourist visa cannot open a bank account? I know some banks are lax on this rule, but what about government banks?

-You say, "3. Yes. It is an extension of a non immigrant visa.'

Must one first obtain some kind of a non immigrant visa rather than a tourist visa to be eligible for the 3-million baht visa?

I think you will find most banks do not have hard and fast rules. The manager (if you reach that level) will usually accept an account that means money for his branch. But a non immigrant visa is the best option and most home countries (although I do not know what your country is so perhaps you have better knowledge in that regard) I believe would issue you one if you explain the reasons.

There is no 3 million baht visa. The 3 million baht program is an extension of stay and it is from a non immigrant visa (which you either obtain outside Thailand or you obtain by converting from a tourist visa at immigration).