Hash Clubs in Chiangmai (Recreational walking or running in wilderness areas)

Motown239

There are lots of people running and walking in the mountains around CM.

ChiangMai hiking http://chiangmaihiking.wordpress.com/ is for the older people.

But offshoots from that cater to the more extreme fitness freaks.

PS

Don't go hiking alone, their are hundreds of trails, the trails are not used much, phone coverage is very poor, and if you suffer an injury (or snake bite) it may be a long time before anyone finds you. It's amazing how remote the jungle trails around CM can be, and in such a short distance from the city.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

There's a run on this evening, but my husband has just popped out (without his phone) to get something before he goes. He keeps telling me where the new place is but I forget - not a great deal of interest on my part I'm afraid. Hopefully he'll be back in time for me to post (if you're wanting to go tonight) unless someone else does before that.

re

It's called Next Bar and is on the inside of the moat, Tai Pae Gate 2 doors before Black Canyon Coffee at the Sunday Walking Street road.

errr ummmm errr .... no its not !

next place bar is next to the mini mart on mun mueang road

not sunday walking street !

and is owned by a girl called wan and an english teacher called sean :)

dave2

post-42592-0-91537300-1410949800_thumb.j

post-42592-0-60769200-1410949858_thumb.j

Yeay, that's the one. I'm good at calculus, hopeless with sense of direction. That's where they run from now. Well at least that's where he ran from last night. w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif

I think there used to be 3 hash clubs in Chiang Mai, - there were definitely 2, but something makes me think 3.

You know what they say about non profit and volunteers?

'Appen there maight be trouble daarn at t'mill.

re

Yeay, that's the one. I'm good at calculus, hopeless with sense of direction. That's where they run from now. Well at least that's where he ran from last night. w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif

I think there used to be 3 hash clubs in Chiang Mai, - there were definitely 2,

your right about the 2 !

the original hasah bar was on the corner of soi 2 mun muang road near mad dog but it changed into a dentist / hotel in march 12 which it still is :) but ive never heard of a third one !

re ..hopeless with sense of direction.

a runner who doesnt know where hes going ?

not good :( .. just joshin

dave2

post-42592-0-73589100-1411002065_thumb.j

post-42592-0-19984800-1411002100_thumb.j

I'll leave the running to those who are (and should be) committed and stick to my meandering. I walked through the old city today, lovely weather for it, the rain started just as I got to the carpark. Husband is out there somewhere on his bicycle. blink.png

Edited by Konini

Looks like at least 2 here - I'd be very surprised if there several more in a place with an expat population as large as Pattaya.

There is a world wide site that lists them by country then by town, don't have time at the moment to look, just google it and you'll find it.