Woman jumps into crocodile farm in suicide bid

Lite Beer

I believe one right we all have is to surrender our own lives if we choose to, and our reasons are our own. From the reports this is what she chose do to. The shoes is the odd part, but maybe that was just from habit.

perhaps they were Jimmy Choo's

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe one right we all have is to surrender our own lives if we choose to, and our reasons are our own. From the reports this is what she chose do to. The shoes is the odd part, but maybe that was just from habit.

Yes, they're obsessed with taking their shoes off here.

And some are obsessed with making fun out of the suffering of others.
  • Like 2

I believe most people read this and feel compassion and sadness for the woman, who ended her life in such a gruesome manner. They are the silent majority.

There are others, whose lives are so lacking in compassion, that they use incidents such as this as an opportunity to invent jokes or otherwise show their defective and adolescent wit. They, fortunately, are in the minority.

A persons true worth is not measured by the material or by the quantity of intoxicants one can consume, but how one perceives and treats others, particularly when the others are in distress.

• Like 2

Sad story .... something snapped (no pun intended) to make her choose to end it.

I hope she is at piece with herself in heaven now.

RIP old lady.

snapped, piece, that was funny.

snap crack chomp, clap2.gif

Compassion and sobriety are wonderful partners.

Yes, they're obsessed with taking their shoes off here.

Actually, it's not uncommon for people to remove their shoes and glasses before leaping to their death; in fact, in Japan it would appear to be the norm. Not sure what the thinking is .... perhaps it's simply practical, liking ensuring one gets a good foothold (esp. if one is climbing over a bridge or balcony railing for instance) or perhaps it has some spiritual significance in some places.

Just a few days back, some people here were questioning the claim that another Thai lady had committed suicide by lighting her self on fire inside a car on the grounds that person would 'obviously' choose a less painful method to 'end it all'. I think this latest tragic case is proof that desperation (and perhaps profound depression) can cause people to do unimaginable things to take their lives. I personally believe that suicide should be a choice/right under certain circumstances, but even that may not end incidents like this that we've seen in Thailand in the past few days.

I am pissed off and anyone who takes their own life in any manner. Weak weak characters one an all. The dam choice of the method took a plan to do it this way. Why? To chatter someone living. I hope she suffered terribly for her last breath on earth for her weak stupid act.

• Like 1

I am pissed off and anyone who takes their own life in any manner. Weak weak characters one an all. The dam choice of the method took a plan to do it this way. Why? To chatter someone living. I hope she suffered terribly for her last breath on earth for her weak stupid act.

Your'e right up there with "epic stuff"

• Like 2

Must be nice to be as perfect as you, with your gift of insight and deep understanding of humanity.

You have no idea what depths of despair or mental illness caused this poor lady to end her life. And, quite frankly from your comments, are unlikely to ever have the ability to.

RIP to the poor lady.

• Like 1

hey come on!!!! you saying I not compassionate?. nothing anyone can do about it now . poor woman must have had a tormented life and no one stood up then and took pity then but you all like to sound so rightous in sending condolences after the fact. lighten up jeeez. I for one dont like to see suffering to anyone, but I dont have a morbid mind and want to keep taking about something you cant do anything about..... none of my family have ever wanted a fuss at their funeral, preferring all that knew them to be remember the good and and enjoy the party.

• Like 1

hey come on!!!! you saying I not compassionate?. nothing anyone can do about it now . poor woman must have had a tormented life and no one stood up then and took pity then but you all like to sound so rightous in sending condolences after the fact. lighten up jeeez. I for one dont like to see suffering to anyone, but I dont have a morbid mind and want to keep taking about something you cant do anything about..... none of my family have ever wanted a fuss at their funeral, preferring all that knew them to be remember the good and and enjoy the party.

and remember she chose to die and chose her method.. not like those two brutally murdered on Koh Tao for instance , now you cant make light of that one

Edited by epicstuff

I'm guessing that when you are ready to leave just about anywhere, there is no shortage of people willing to take up a collection to assure you an expedient and successful voyage. Two things are obvious based on your input. You have no idea what you are talking about, and, you probably wouldn't have the stones to take yourself out, finding it preferable to whimper and complain. But I'm willing to retract the latter statement once proven wrong. The lady showed no outward signs of weakness or cowardice whatsoever. She also completed the life cycle meritoriously (by some Eastern standards) by ultimately feeding the crocs. What exactly would have been a more suitable plan in your all-knowing opinion?

• Like 1

Just a few days back, some people here were questioning the claim that another Thai lady had committed suicide by lighting her self on fire inside a car on the grounds that person would 'obviously' choose a less painful method to 'end it all'. I think this latest tragic case is proof that desperation (and perhaps profound depression) can cause people to do unimaginable things to take their lives. I personally believe that suicide should be a choice/right under certain circumstances, but even that may not end incidents like this that we've seen in Thailand in the past few days.

I think these cases are statements, maybe its their last snatch at fame, a need to be remembered because they felt so unnoticed in life or to show the world how much pain they went though so burning torn apart is nothing comparatively...

Edited by epicstuff
  • Like 1

So sad. RIP. Maybe she couldn't afford the sleeping pills and Vodka..??

Where do you get sleeping pills in this country??

So far, in 9yrs 2 dozen pharmacies have told me they dont carry.

zanex is readily available in Thailand although it is getting expensive

I believe most people read this and feel compassion and sadness for the woman, who ended her life in such a gruesome manner. They are the silent majority.

There are others, whose lives are so lacking in compassion, that they use incidents such as this as an opportunity to invent jokes or otherwise show their defective and adolescent wit. They, fortunately, are in the minority.

A persons true worth is not measured by the material or by the quantity of intoxicants one can consume, but how one perceives and treats others, particularly when the others are in distress.

Sad that some people live life with blinkers on and judge others for no other reason than a different outlook or expression. no wonder our world is so messed up.How do you cope living in countries dealing with different cultures as well as philosophy , opinions. and expressions Can you really tell what's in someone heart by the words they write in jest. and is humour such a bad thing in times of tragedy . Shakespeare might have something to say about that.

• Like 2

Just rent a car and stick a pipe in the window.. and play the last track you'll ever hear as you drift off to sleep.

Suicide is not the answer to broken hearts or bad debts.

You can find something else to get under and theirs always money to be had.

Most people between 15-30 will have thought about or attempt suicide at least once..

Suicide is a permanent answer to temporary problems.

Maybe she didn't want anyone to view her corpse, and thus this form of suicide. If you want to be eaten post-mortem, I would personally prefer the "Soylent Green" style

What exactly is that style? I know the movie, of course, just don't know any factory where they make those protein tablets. Here comes the question. Head first or feet first...?

RIP poor lady so sad that it come to the state that jumping into a crocodile enclosure is the simplest or only solution to her obvious mental health issues, I have read of this happening in India several times after a husband dies but I don’t think this is very common occurrence in Thailand.

Sorry for the Lady RIP

This is curious She took off her shoes and the police figured out she committed suicide.

I am sorry but how can you conclude someone is committing suicide because they take off their shoes.

Ok I get it So if i get married, hate my wife and want to off her then I should have her take off her shoes first before I push her off the balcony.

Is that the way it works?

Who in their right mind believe this police fairy tale.