Idiots in Racing Trucks

bkkjames

As a truck owner, I don't understand the apparent obsession of lowering your truck and modifying it to be become some sort of street racing machine?

It will never handle like a sports car and the increased hp etc / less weight plus the idiots they seem to attract makes for a scary combination.

Latest example - only 1 dead this time apparently.from a few days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpN42QpJ3QM#t=96

No ABS on the DMax in front. The driver had good initial counter steer when the back wanted to be the front, but it just wanted to change ends too fast. The driver behind forgot the #1 rule - don't go off the road to avoid an accident - he should have hit the white car, much softer impact.

Speeding up to follow that guy with your family on board is quite a poor decision. Passing on the left (while tail-gating of course!) endangered several others in that video. No enforcement of traffic rules in Thailand so that type of thing is unlikely to cease. Just have to stay away from that kind of behavior and keep your own road rage controlled.

The OP has already the chosen a headline that fits, idiots sad.png This could also have ended worse, lucky guys.

I don´t get it why they sell cars in 2014 that come without any standard safety equipment. Maybe the EU is bureaucratic monster, but they also enforce good stuff like every new car HAS to have ESP. We got daytime running light, soon automatic rescue call will join this list. Something good beside all the other nonsense.......

Race trucks, LOL. Embarassing, huge smoke clouds, tractor sounds, whenever I´m overtaken by one I´ve got to clap2.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

The OP has already the chosen a headline that fits, idiots sad.png This could also have ended worse, lucky guys.

I don´t get it why they sell cars in 2014 that come without any standard safety equipment. Maybe the EU is bureaucratic monster, but they also enforce good stuff like every new car HAS to have ESP. We got daytime running light, soon automatic rescue call will join this list. Something good beside all the other nonsense.......

Race trucks, LOL. Embarassing, huge smoke clouds, tractor sounds, whenever I´m overtaken by one I´ve got to clap2.gifcheesy.gif

"I don´t get it why they sell cars in 2014 that come without any standard safety equipment."

I don't get why some people post absolute nonsense such as this. Doubtless you can give an example of any 2014 car that is sold here without any safety equipment as standard. Don't bother, you can't, save your brain power for your next fairy story..

• Like 1

Doubtless you can give an example of any 2014 car that is sold here without any safety equipment as standard.

Define "safety equipment" first ;)

If you mean to say all cars have safety glass and seat belts, OK sure.

But if your definition of safety equipment includes things that are mandatory in some other markets, like ABS, airbags, and stability control, the list of models without these in Thailand in pretty long.

• Like 1

Doubtless you can give an example of any 2014 car that is sold here without any safety equipment as standard.

Define "safety equipment" first ;)

But if your definition of safety equipment includes things that are mandatory in some other markets, like ABS, airbags, and stability control, the list of models without these in Thailand in pretty long.

Breaks? Lol

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Define "safety equipment" first wink.png

Breaks? Lol

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The windscreen certainly did.

• Like 1

I don't get why some people post absolute nonsense such as this. Doubtless you can give an example of any 2014 car that is sold here without any safety equipment as standard. Don't bother, you can't, save your brain power for your next fairy story..

Chevrolet C Cab 2.5LS1, no ABS, no Airbag coffee1.gif The higher specs even get ESP though.

Most Toyota and other Pick up base models don´t have ABS too, but two airbags.

If you´re a shitty driver like most of us (compared to professionals) then missing ABS and ESP can decide if you will have an accident or not. That´s neither brainless nor a fairytale. Of course Warpseed would have been able to avoid this accident with his pro driving skills, I might have f***** up when my wheels locked, so would the most of us when there is a moment of shock and lack of experience with dangerous situations.

Edited by I knew this would happen

A few days ago on the expressway fast moving traffic came to a standstill, the Pickup in front had to slam on the anchors... It skidded and fishtailed as the rear wheels locked up.

Travelling behind it at the same speed I simply applied my brakes with a similar level of urgency, but with a significantly smoother and gentle result.

Fortunately it was a car and not a pickup behind me, fortunately the car was travelling at a safe distance behind me and also came to a non-eventful stop.

These trucks without ABS are quite dangerous.

• Like 1

A few days ago on the expressway fast moving traffic came to a standstill, the Pickup in front had to slam on the anchors... It skidded and fishtailed as the rear wheels locked up.

Travelling behind it at the same speed I simply applied my brakes with a similar level of urgency, but with a significantly smoother and gentle result.

Fortunately it was a car and not a pickup behind me, fortunately the car was travelling at a safe distance behind me and also came to a non-eventful stop.

These trucks without ABS are quite dangerous.

But I caught hell for saying that cars were safer.. BY the way driving off the road in this case since it was soft high grass and no trees, so it was much better then contact with any other vehicles. That's probably the ONLY thing he did right and it was purely by accident (no pun intended), The child in the ladies arms too? Christ!

But back here there is a mindless insurance company commercial running where this woman is driving with her children and suddenly she has to stop to avoid a child chasing a ball into the street and though her daughter is buckled in, she still stupidly takes her hand off the wheel to put her arm across her daughters chest in an attempt to hold her back like our mothers used to do before they came out with seat belts. In spite of the fact that would have done virtually nil in stopping you from impacting something, mothers being mothers and all, but the point is, she should take more concern with keeping both hands on the wheel instead to maintain control and avoid the child if she needed to without crashing the car into a tree, this is an INSURANCE COMMERCIAL rolleyes.gif ....................

Edited by WarpSpeed