Incorrect used visa and entry stamps problem.

As you guys are the experts, I,ll run this by you a simply as I can.

I entered Thailand on a double entry tourist visa issued 19th June first entry 20th June permit to stay stamp until 18th August 2014.

My company then provided the paperwork for a non B as required ........so exited Thailand on the 11th August .

Re entered on the 12th August with a Non B single entry 3 months visa, at the border checked that I was correctly stamped in 90 days permit to stay 9th Nov 2014.

However have just noticed that my non B visa has not been stamped as used as it should be and in fact the border official has stamped the tourist visa as used 12th August mistakenly thinking I was using the second entry ,,,,,,,,,,but giving me 90 days entry stamp not 60 which I would have picked up.

So my B visa saying use by the 12th of Nov remains unstamped and my entry stamp until 9th of Nov is incorrect for the tourist visa but is stamped NON and also the departure card stamp is marked NON,

In a few weeks I was going to extend the B visa for the length of my contract at local immigration when I have my work permit in hand and accompanied by our Thai company visa rep, will this still be possible.?

Will I need to exit and come back before the 9th of November and get another 90 days on the unused B visa although a bit pointless and maybe not possible and the mistake may be picked up.

My previous non B before it was extended was marked used on my entry as is the norm for a single entry.

Is this a major issue or should I not be concerned?

Advice please ............ many thanks,

Edited by sapson

It should not matter.

What visa class is marked on your entry stamp? That is what's important.

Thanks Joe, the entry stamp is just marked NON.................... not B or O.

So just go ahead with the extension at immigration as planned I guess?

It should not matter.

What visa class is marked on your entry stamp? That is what's important.

Thanks Joe, the entry stamp is just marked NON.................... not B or O.

So just go ahead with the extension at immigration as planned I guess?

Visa type, or class can be non-immigrant or tourist. Visa category, B, O, all are non-imm.

As long you have a non-imm. visa, or entry, you can apply for certain types of extensions of stay, e.g. for employment.

Some offices also insist of the "right" category, but it's an abuse, because the written regulation do not make distinction.