Koh Tao - DNA tests do not match with those of suspects in British tourists' murder

webfact

To my fellow posters, I have to give you credit for your imiganative skills!!thumbsup.gif

Have anyone even considered the possibility of a fishingcrew ashore for a good time??

Swim in, swim out!!

Yeah I was once on Ko Phang An & took one of those HORRIBLE long tail boat rides around the vicinity. Never Again! A slave galley would have probably made for a nicer ride!

Anyhow, we saw some REALLY Spooky looking cave-dwellers living in the nearby limestone cliffs. I say spooky, as they were basically cavemen.

Lot's of speculation on my part, but really, the swim in, swim out theory doesn't seem to have crossed authorities' minds.

Cavemen, living in remote caves, wow, just like the Hollywood movie " The Beach " or more " Lord of the Flies "

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An reward of 1200 euros is giving by the people of koh tao to anyone who knows something about the murder.

Very considerate of them. That is an example of a community that genuinely cares...unlike the TV community who just talks a big show RIP.

Ofcourse, the fact the locals have put up this reward will be completely ignored by the TV crowd spouting off about secrecy and conspiracy and protecting their own.

An reward of 1200 euros is giving by the people of koh tao to anyone who knows something about the murder.

It has a thread of its own on TV:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/761751-koh-tao-islanders-offer-reward-for-clues-on-brit-tourist-killers-update/

I found post #29 interesting (among others).

Edited by xray

Despite the slow start to the investigation, Lt Gen Panya Mamen insisted he was confident the attackers will be caught."There is a lot of evidential information that we cannot reveal to the media right now," he told the Phuket Gazette, while confirming the police search was being expanded to islands around Koh Tao.

Very considerate of them. That is an example of a community that genuinely cares...unlike the TV community who just talks a big show RIP.

Ofcourse, the fact the locals have put up this reward will be completely ignored by the TV crowd spouting off about secrecy and conspiracy and protecting their own.

Excuse me but does "tv" stand for television or thai visa ? Im new on The forum but i guess you speak abt the community on the forum . I can't understand why they speak about conspiracy ...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/761751-koh-tao-islanders-offer-reward-for-clues-on-brit-tourist-killers-update/

In this post #29 he is almost saying that no ones want the murders to be caught .which is stupid right? I mean why would they not care? Why would it be a conspi towards hannah and david, they were just two young people on vacations,not politics. This murder is also bad news for thai tourism ,the government lose much money because of it. I think they want to close that investigation asap.

In this post #29 he is almost saying that no ones want the murders to be caught .which is stupid right? I mean why would they not care? Why would it be a conspi towards hannah and david, they were just two young people on vacations,not politics. This murder is also bad news for thai tourism ,the government lose much money because of it. I think they want to close that investigation asap.

I believe most, if not all Thais on Koh Tao would certainly like to see the killer(s) caught, but if the killer is in fact a wealthy (powerful and well-connected) person, there could be an element of risk involved for people offering a reward. The Thais will know that. You really should direct your question to the poster on that thread, as there is none better qualified to comment on the post.

Edited by xray

I believe most, if not all Thais on Koh Tao would certainly like to see the killer(s) caught, but if the killer is in fact a wealthy (powerful and well-connected) person, there could be an element of risk involved for people offering a reward. The Thais will know that. You really should direct your question to the poster on that thread, as there is none better qualified to comment on that post.
I did ,now

DNA from semen can clearly rule out western involvement if tested.

Asian DNA and Western DNA are different .

So they could say now its not a westerner its an Asian(s)

http://www.iape.org/emanual/biological_evidence.htm

Certainty.

If you had bothered to read your own link you would find (in red) DNA CANNOT: Determine the age or race of the donor

Thankyou halloween, I was just checking before making the same post myself.

jb1

Age yes, race groups no. Larger general race groups can be ruled out.

Not Thai vs Burmese, but those two vs English with reasonable certainty.

http://www.genebase.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=230

Your link is to a commercial genealogy site. If you choose to believe the generalisations and pseudo-science they present as a sales pitch, up to you.

I looked at several sites and picked the one where the language was most comprehensible for the average joe.

Or you could try a medium level discussion...

http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v36/n11s/full/ng1438.html

well done animatic;

hope Thai CSI will read it, or know it;

Interestingly they have now brought in the USA FBI for exactly the same reasons.

Better DNA testing solutions, database references and analysis.

Good.

Interesting comparison from my personal experience. My Thai next door neighbor attempted to kill me with a hoe. He threw it at my head from about 3 meters away with all his strength. I moved my head just in time to avoid certain serious injury or death. Upon missing me, he immediately jumped on his motorcycle and sped off with his wife to the local police station. Once there, he proceded to accuse me (the falang) of attempting to murder him with his own hoe!

Unfortunately for him, I know all the police and they like me. They told him to stop lying and get lost. He pressed the issue and used his wife as his witness. Eventually, the police threatened him with a large fine for having caused the falang trouble and wasting their time. I never bothered to file counter charges of attempted murder. TiT.

I kind of like your story, except the part where you wrote, "I know all the police and they like me." I'm not questioning your honesty, but it's sad that SUBJECTIVITY is so embedded in all the police to. It's inferring: 'if the police didn't know and like you, that you'd be up shit creek.' And sadly, that's largely true, here in Thailand.

These are perfectly reasonable and basic questions.

Unfortunately the police here determine their preferred outcome and then fit the evidence to support it. So, very regrettably, I don't think you will have any clearer information regarding the DNA evidence coming from the Thai police.

Regrettably, that's Thai style. It's a paternalistic society in many ways. When Thaksin was PM, anytime a big crime story broke, Thaksin would immediately tell the press what happened. Then, in the ensuing weeks, the cops would either fit the scenario to what he proclaimed, or those parts which didn't fit just wafted away. It happened when there was a small explosion on a parked airplane which T was about to board. And it happened when two men were found in T's neighborhood with bomb materials in their car. Chaleum is even worse: he will not only tell you who's behind a crime, he will personally excuse mafia bosses without revealing their names (except the 1st letter). And that was a man who was recently #1 in charge of police in Thailand. If you think the double murder case at Ko Tao is being fumbled now, just be glad Chaleum isn't in charge of the investigation, it would be even worse!

I believe most, if not all Thais on Koh Tao would certainly like to see the killer(s) caught, but if the killer is in fact a wealthy (powerful and well-connected) person, there could be an element of risk involved for people offering a reward. The Thais will know that. You really should direct your question to the poster on that thread, as there is none better qualified to comment on the post.

I made the #29 post ... in another post on a separate thread I provided my thoughts on your question:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/761604-koh-tao-killers-will-be-caught/page-6

Here is the relevant part, which was in response to a post saying it was in the best interests of the powers-that-be on Kho Tao to have the killer caught, even if it was a local Thai who did it:

. . . in Thailand many people don't think that way, especially those in power of whatever form. In their minds, revealing the perpetrators as one of their own would do much more damage (not just economic--in fact, primarily non-economic) than an unsolved murder. First of all, face is everything here . . . and everybody on the island loses faces in the most extreme fashion if this is one of their own. Second, as Baerboxer points out, people up the hierarchy are almost always protected--and if one is not protected now, then the others worry they will not be in the future as well. And third, revealing who did this could set off another round of retribution that could end with more "intra-island" murders of the same heinousness.

So in my opinion, the fact that nobody has come forward publicly with any information about what happened in the bar actually indicates that someone is being protected, and word on the island is don't get involved.

Again, it could be a local, a farang, a migrant worker, a fisherman, or someone from another island ... but the nature of the crime and everything that has happened afterward in my mind puts a local as the most likely. Who knows, maybe the local "godfathers" on KhoTao will handle it with a local form of justice for all the damage already caused.

PS On the economic front, if this does turn out to be a local, it may give the military an excuse to basically come in and "take over" Kho Tao, in which case all the local hotel and restaurant and other "business owners" would lose out, They may be worried about this as well. And it may happen in any event.

Somewhere I also posted my thoughts about why I think "the local Thai guy 'saving face' after being snubbed at the bar" is the most likely scenario...but I don't know which thread it was on and can't find it now.

This is why it's very important that they have got police from outside the region involved.

There is a chance that they know who's done it and there is some kind of a negotiated settlement going on, with the local police acting as middle people.

The perpetrators may be in Cambodia already, and their identity will be revealed once they are safely out of the country.

Well yes. But you aren't going to find one in your DNA, nor will you find nationality, not even race. Despite what gullible fools read in advertising from shonky DNA/Geneaology companies that prey on them.

Good to hear from an expert.

Never claimed to be one. But if you go back to post #290 you will find a repeat of a statement from experts from UC-B. You can then compare it to the advertising tripe that you posted in #251.

Forum rules say that my posts should be respectful, but respect has to be earned. Try harder.

"but respect has to be earned"

​You're not wrong about that. Won't hold my breath for an apology.

What's your angle that you need to insist on a falsity in spite of contrary citations?

The main problem in this horrible case, is that it's small things. who attack humans.

What do you mean? Is it a conspiracy thing again?
It has always been a conspiracy...from the beginning when the emperor made it clear that no Berb is supposed to live in the largest of towns. When it came down to the islands all the liberty disappeared from the cities. Only the richest persons could afford an investogation of this magnitude, including the chief himself. Fourteen convicts came along to the kingdom itself without the authorisation of the department of justice. If this was not enough, all the antennas had been taken down for maintenance two weeks before! In that case, everything had a long history of being dubious for the indigenous people.

You have to look into the problem from all different angles. When it came to known that it was all a setup against the mayor, the people could only buy rice for half the price. Under the bridge near the polluted lake, also there it became the sort of disaster that everyone knew would happen. I mean, three mills burning in five years? Isn't that obvious of being a setup against the infrastructure in a land with only elephants? The answer lays there under table in the house to the left, lool with your eyes!

• 11 months later...