Thai-language or bilingual tours overseas (Sri Lanka)

garyinhuahin

My Thai ladyfriend has taken a keen interest in visiting Sri Lanka. I'd like to take her and her son. The only problem is that they speak very little English. I'm afraid that unless we go with a tour group of Thai, they'll be very lost.

Does anyone have a tour company to recommend for Thai or mixed groups going overseas to such locations? I've been trying to Google it, but only coming up with English language results so far. Thanks!

I'd have her look in the various local newspapers. Even the Bangkok Post has many ads for tours to various countries. I can't remember the day, but one day in particular they have a lot. I'd have her look in the Thai newspapers also, and even stop into a few local agents and see what they say.

When we were in Europe last year we were amazed at the number of Thai tour groups. A lot.

Best of luck!!

I know Sri Lanka well and must say I have never seen a Thai group tour on my travels, individuals yes, Japanese, Korean tour groups yes, I could be wrong but maybe not a Thai destination ? But your fears are largely unfounded, I don't think Sri Lanka needs a lot of explanation, I wouldn't want anyone talking to me on the train ride down from Kandy to Colombo for example. It's a land of great scenic beauty, places where you might like to delve a little bit further, Kandy etc, well you will normally find a few Thai monks around happy to talk and probably know more than any Thai tour guide. If you can't find a tour group holiday then you could do a lot worse than book it as a holiday, work out a route, hotels etc, use Trip advisor, you will never be short of English speaking guides around that's for sure and cheap to hire. Can work out better that way.

PS. My wife encountered a Thai tour group outside the Tower of London, she was fascinated to learn that it was where English Kings and Queens (including our current monarch) were crowned, she always thought it was Westminster Abbey smile.png

• Like 1