Maejo Yi Peng lantern release date?

bangkok blue

Read on some guy's blog that the festival for this year is 25th October (I'm talking about the free one, not $100 a head one). Seems really early, as the actual Loy Kratong date is 6th November, right?

Tried checking but can't find anything else concrete that confirms this. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks, in advance :)

I got this off of Google.

not sure if the Mods will allow it. I think iit is OK.

Yi Peng Lantern Festival in Chiang Mai Thailand

2014 October 25, 2014

*Yi Peng Lantern Festival Dates Chiang Mai 2014 - Update

The real free local ‘Yee Peng / Yi Peng’ lantern release at Mae Jo University Chiang Mai will be on October 25, 2014

The paid and ticketed International event is on November 08, 2014. Prices from 3000 THB to 4500THB per person.

Note* To find out the real dates for upcoming Yi Peng Festivals - Follow this Page on Facebook The official dates are often posted here in Thai and English when they are confirmed.

Normally the Mae Jo event is the Saturday before full moon,which is on 6 November this year. 25 October is two days after the new moon. The Google information may be correct, but I advise seeking additional confirmation before making definite plans.

I've been trying to find the date myself. As usual it's hard to find anything I'm confident about.

Normally the Mae Jo event is the Saturday before full moon,which is on 6 November this year. 25 October is two days after the new moon. The Google information may be correct, but I advise seeking additional confirmation before making definite plans.

I've been trying to find the date myself. As usual it's hard to find anything I'm confident about.

Thai airways last flight to Bangkok on the 7th is 14,00 hrs and I was told it was because of the lanterns.

Yes, on the 5th, 6th and 7th there are so many lanterns being lit in the city that the airlines dont fly in the evenings.

Thai airways last flight to Bangkok on the 7th is 14,00 hrs and I was told it was because of the lanterns.