Upside down spot lights?

Overandout

Strange question, I know.

My Granvia came into my hands with original factory switch and wiring for selecting between the integral fog lights and spot lights mounted on the "bull bar". The fog lights are next to useless and the spot lights are no longer there.

The fittings for the spots are inside the bull bar recess and clearly designed for the light units to be hung from the bolt.

So, if I buy a regular pair of Hellas for example, will the have a beam pattern that will make them useles or dangerous to use "upside down"? Or am I thining too much about this and should just buy a pair of whatever and get on wih it?

Edited by Overandout

Most spotlights, Hella included, are designed to be mounted on top of their bracket or hung from it, upside down or otherwise makes no difference.

But if they have a patterned lens (to direct the light into a narrow or wide beam ) then you should take out the lens and invert it if mounting upside down.

• Like 1

Most spotlights, Hella included, are designed to be mounted on top of their bracket or hung from it, upside down or otherwise makes no difference.

But if they have a patterned lens (to direct the light into a narrow or wide beam ) then you should take out the lens and invert it if mounting upside down.

Spotlights have clear lenses.

Obscured lensed lights are either auxilliary driving lamps or fog lamps.

Spotlights have clear lenses.

Obscured lensed lights are either auxilliary driving lamps or fog lamps.

Spot On.biggrin.png Get some Oscars if U can here.

Something you might not be aware of :-

In some places, Bangkok for sure, it is illegal to drive in daytime without covers over add-on spot lamps.

sad.png

Daffy You Daft Duck. The BIB wont notice the odd spotlight, they dont even have the Brains to stop folks who dont want to see good with blacked out windows. Jeez if they did they would make a fortune.Without a Scam , i might add..I recon they should also check all serious crashes for illegal tints, and Re Chiped engines.

• Like 1

Ace you could be right, I do seem to be getting to the age of daftness or should I say more daftness whistling.gif

But in one of my more lucid moments I distinctly remember a friend of mine getting a 1000Bt fine while driving through Bangkok for having his spotlights uncovered.

This was some years ago and there is a thread about this subject on here somewhere.

thumbsup.gif