Thinking of flying Jet Airways.... that sinking feeling.

WhamBam

Plane carrying 280 passengers plunges 5,000 feet after co-pilot 'fiddled with the controls' while captain was taking a nap

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2760556/Jet-Airways-plane-dropped-5-000-feet-pilot-fiddled-controls-pilot-slept.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

What a wonderful advert for an airline rolleyes.gif

I've flown 2 weeks ago. Bangkok to Mumbai was bad. 2/3 of the time we had mild to bad turbulance....the monsoon.

Small airbus , with few toilets in the back, and too many people that wanted to use them at the same time. It delayed

beverages and the meal.

The whole time I was worried for my computer and HDD's in the overheadcompartment. (too little space, hard turbulance!) . The liftoff in Bangkok was bad too , like a uneven runway with potholes with a heavy shaking airplane.Hard landing in Mumbai ,( but not as hard as the aeroflot pilots in Moskou , that was the worst for me so far)

Mumbai was ok, not much worse than a middle eastern layover. Long walks and wait at unorganised transfer desk.

More security checks than in Bangkok and more thorough.

Flight in bigger airbus to europe , was better. Didn't fly over "trouble spots" , not much turbulance and no 5000ft

drops...

I understand your concern , I'm nervous for the flight back...(.meanwhile enjoying cooler european weather, much better food, cleanlyness, hygiene, better bread , milk , cheese, .....clean water , electricity without spikes, glitches, and blackouts. )

If you don't have breakables with you , it is worth the much lower price compaired to the bigger airlines.

I'd rather fly Oman than fly Jet

Its a bit of a lottery who you sit next to - it might be some fat indian guy with flatulence and BO, or a kid kicking the back of your seat in the night. The smell of cumin and other spices in the cabin on the london Mumbai route is quite nauseous at first altho the food is excellent(the best part of flying Jet). The transfer at Mumbai is often horrendous no such thing as a queue, more a shoving match where they separate you into a male only area at security.. to sum up its just not worth the small saving

• Like 1

I always do direct unless stopping over ..with the night flight (from UK), you wake up and you are nearly over Burma.. 3 hrs to go

And its well worth paying the extra for premium(EVA) if you can stretch to it

altho EVA is usually my choice, altho I've had some recent good deals flying BA again

Edited by fish fingers

That incident Probably did never happen.

Investigation was started by Indian authorities on an SMS sent to them.

Suspension of crew is standard procedure in such cases.

It is not the first time false Indian airline incidents are published with no real ground.

Please do your research before linking stories on TV, thank you.

I refer to Simon Hradecky who knows more than you and me re. Airline incidents.

It is not the first time false Indian airline incidents are published with no real ground.

It might well have happened too, as reported in the national press. You nor I do not know if it did or not. I will leave it to the correct authorities to decide upon that.

As for research, I simply posted a topic that made headline news and have no intention or desire to research into it, I have other things to do with my time.

People who can follow the link can make their own minds up too on what to believe or not. I have made no comment on its truth or otherwise.

It might well have happened too, as reported in the national press. You nor I do not know if it did or not. I will leave it to the correct authorities to decide upon that.

As for research, I simply posted a topic that made headline news and have no intention or desire to research into it, I have other things to do with my time.

People who can follow the link can make their own minds up too on what to believe or not. I have made no comment on its truth or otherwise.

post-30776-0-06101100-1411376383_thumb.j