Good Shoe Repair

junglechef

There are probably many good shoe repair shops in the neighbourhoods all over Chiang Mai.

The one we go to - because he is competent, reasonably priced, and close to where we live - is on the CM/Lamphun Road. Head south, and his little shop is just past the main entrance to Kawila Barracks on the same side.

• Like 1

Yes there are many and I'm happy with my guy near me for most sewing and glueing etc. but would not expect he would have the knowledge nor necessary products to clean intricate multi-fabric high-end footwear. Rather not have to be disappointed and have an expensive, even for America where I bought them, pair of shoes ruined.

Just in case your actually asking for further explanations I'll give you benefit of the doubt.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/high-end

In my experience professionals here (following an occupation as a means of livelihood) service's are often perfectly acceptable if it's with-in their regular scope of experience. I am looking for one who is skilled enough to work with suede and leather on the same surface, as I want the shoes cleaned as well (as mentioned in the OP), and I know for sure my corner guy isn't. Also I find it, using a appropriate saying "one should only invest what one can afford to lose", which is often the advise given when purchasing real estate here, that when doing other things this is a good idea too since my local dry cleaner recently lost a 18,000 bht pair of my pants and instead of giving me the replacement cost told me that they wouldn't have taken them if they knew what they cost!

Though I am not Hi-So these shoes are as I'm sure others in CM are too and am looking for where they are brought. thumbsup.gif