Engine oil is consistently overfilled by the dealer

funlovinkid

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/positive-crankcase-ventilation-system.htm

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_if_you_put_too_much_oil_in_your_car_and_drive_it

http://www.ask.com/question/does-too-much-oil-damage-an-engine I am an engineer and I am sure that the modern car engine will not be harmed if there is just a slight over fill of Oil but if its overfilled to a large amount then as you can read in most forums this can damage your engine and some of the seals I would not take my car back to that dealer I would find another one to service my car.

regards

Scotsman

• Like 1

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seals it then folks...Close the thread now..

Edited by WarpSpeed

What a thread! Something here for everybody. Facts mixed with BS and a newby has a go at poor old Warpy. cheesy.gif

Hey! Who you calling old?? sad.png I got at least another month before this becomes official tongue.png ....

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

1/3 on dipstick in no way represents 1/3 of the volume........... all this is doing is measuring the LEVEL of the oil not the volume.

No it doesn't, could represent 1/3rd of a quart though whistling.gif or maybe more..

see my original post......

Ermm can you say tongue in cheek?

I'm surprised that no-one has realised yet that there really is no point in trying to discuss anything on here once WarpedSeed has opined.

As he suggested, we can all discuss a subject but bear in mind that the answer he gives will always, without exception, be the correct one. He has the ultimate knowledge about everything connected to motor vehicles, the rest of us are just plain wrong and always will be. Simple as that.

Err..maybe.

Ut oh envy is the devils work, not sure why you brought me back into this? You must be feeling depressed and needed a good arse kicking to wake you up again.

Tell me then besides other valid points who else here brought up cavitation and damaging air production introduced into the oil to impeded proper lubrication from the crank hitting the oil? Rhetorical BTW..

Wow, you gave me a real savaging there, the sort you'd get from a toothless sheep.

Believe me, envy is way, way down on the list of emotions I feel when you start metaphorically kicking people in the teeth, but as I said, you must be right, you are the expert. You're certainly the expert in telling others you're the expert.

It's a shame that your expertise doesn't extend to interpreting what I was actually saying, i.e. there's no need for you to be so bloody dogmatic about everything you post, you appear to not want anyone else to express any opinion after you've had your say.

I don't savage people (sadly I believe you may fall into that category) I just put them in their place and then get back on topic whereas people like you have nothing better to do then troll and intentionally create havoc, Now where is your advice to the OP? If you have none then move on and stop making the thread about you and your bruised ego.

• Like 1

I don't savage people (sadly I believe you may fall into that category) I just put them in their place and then get back on topic whereas people like you have nothing better to do then troll and intentionally create havoc, Now where is your advice to the OP? If you have none then move on and stop making the thread about you and your bruised ego.

Its been a while since I looked at any of my kids Psych books but is that called "Projection" or just "sour grapes"?

• Like 1

Triple-ank999, can someone fill in the blank.wub.png .Its controversial posts that make it fun here.Or should it be reserved for a load of Yes Men.coffee1.gif

"Triple-ank999, can someone fill in the blank."

Yes, it's "B", and if you want to be even more juvenile what's missing from this, Ace of Po_?

You are right, sometimes controversial posts are interesting, what is not interesting is when he, to use his own words, "puts people in their place" and expects everyone else to be his yes-men. If you're subservient enough to accept that kind of treatment so be it.

Edited by Triplebank999

"I don't savage people..."

Neither do you recognise sarcasm. Even with a qualifying comment to help you.

"I just put them in their place..."

Who are you to assume the position to put anyone in their place?

"...have nothing better to do then troll and intentionally create havoc..."

I made one accurate observation and expressed my opinion, the "havoc" is not being perpetuated by me.

"If you have none then move on..."

Is there a requirement by the forum not to read threads unless one is giving advice to every poster? I don't think so, except maybe in your rule book.

"...you and your bruised ego."

Whose bruised ego?

What a thread! Something here for everybody. Facts mixed with BS and a newby has a go at poor old Warpy. cheesy.gif

How many posts do the forum rules require a member to have before commenting on WarpedSeed's attitude to other posters is allowed then, 5,071 or thereabouts?

" How many posts do the forum rules require a member to have before commenting" You welcome to enlighten me.

" before commenting on WarpedSeed's attitude to other posters" Warpy probably has issues he is dealing with. Maybe you and he could hook-up and help him deal with some of those issues.

Maybe we all should get together??? thumbsup.gif

How many posts do the forum rules require a member to have before commenting on WarpedSeed's attitude to other posters is allowed then, 5,071 or thereabouts?

" How many posts do the forum rules require a member to have before commenting" You welcome to enlighten me.

" before commenting on WarpedSeed's attitude to other posters" Warpy probably has issues he is dealing with. Maybe you and he could hook-up and help him deal with some of those issues.

Maybe we all should get together??? thumbsup.gif

Naaaaaah, not interested in bar brawling at my age............laugh.png

There has been too much bickering in this topic and that has been reported to Moderators now.

Rather than go back and remove all baiting posts and the nested quotes of replies etc. we will see what happens now after this moderator comment and start giving out warning points and/or suspension if people won't cool down.

petercool - Moderator Team

• Like 1

Perhaps the issue is where the dealer is sourcing his oil, a US versus Imperial measures perhaps? A difference of the amount suggested by the OP seems to point to that as the cause. Dunno, you're the experts.

Why? Only the yanks use archaic units of measurement for volume.

On my truck they (Nissan) say to turn the key over one notch to supply power and wait 5 seconds before starting - I guess it is to pressurize something?

Even my wife knows that the glow plugs need to be heated prior to starting a diesel.

On my truck they (Nissan) say to turn the key over one notch to supply power and wait 5 seconds before starting - I guess it is to pressurize something?

Even my wife knows that the glow plugs need to be heated prior to starting a diesel.

My Vigo starts just by turning the key, noooooooo waiting.........thumbsup.gif

Really? What about the one it responds too? Presumably that one's ok right? One sided much? coffee1.gif

I meant to say "thread".

The subject of engine oil capacity obviously excites quite alot of us and in my enthusiasm I chose the wrong word.

Cheers

Edited by ClutchClark