Engine oil is consistently overfilled by the dealer

funlovinkid

After 3 catostorphic engine failiures with alloy rods, ok, old british bikes, i vowed never to buy another bike with ally rods, never had a problem with any of my jap bikes, all steel rods, standard, the last one had a redline at 11.500 rpm, and i would use it often,

Of course Miller writes good stuff about his stuff, he would say it was crap would he? you could say the same about this site for steel conrods, but the company does steel rods for all classes of motorsport, ....http://www.med-engineering.co.uk/catalogue/engine-assembly/conrods/arrow-conrods-std-length-std-pin-s-1-625-big-ends

• Like 2

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once upon a time, there was a guy asking if the oil in his car was going to cause a problem if it was consistently 9mm overfull.

Answer to thread is 'No, probably not'

Especially if it's the Castrol clingy stuff. smile.png

I was a passenger in a 3 ltr Granada when a rod let go, destroyed the engine. A friend had a 3.5 Rover V8 where the rod let go and destroyed the engine. The weak link in a Pontiac engine was the cast iron rods, I used Bill Miller alloy rods, fit and forget....thumbsup.gif

Usally i ignore your posts because of your misunderstanding of plain and written english, i said STEEL rods, not cast, I looked after a fleet of Granada taxis in the early 70s, no crank/rod problems atall, only striped cam drive, [was fibre] replaced by steel cog, i will admit to knowing nothing about V8 Rovers, but i did work on a lot of the 75, 85, and 90 series cars with overhead intake and side exhaust valves, again, no crank problems,,,

As for aluminum conrods, what are they good for?? 10 goes up the strip before they need replacing???

Hmmmm, strange, my alloy rods were in the car for 20 years of street strip use, including N2O.

Theres more to alloy rod construction and materials than you think. The ones I fitted were advertised as "not knowing they were out of the box under 5 grand". Have a read..

http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bmeltd.com%2F&ei=Fl8zVI6TCtSWuATc_oDQDg&usg=AFQjCNEQLvyw83QQZY-kwA0bNXhaCjMlYA

That Bill Miller Enterprise look like a switched on organisation. And they run a drag car so they put their money where their mouth is!

Not to mention John Force Racing would not put crap into his engines.... there is a reason why the team has won 41% of events they have contested over the past 25 years.

• Like 1

Warpy what a load of <deleted> you post ( and keep doing it) i haven't posted pics i don't need to i haven't said what i supposedly did in the past, just post pics or links to them of you racing the cars you supposedly raced as simple as that ,as for your posts giving you credibility this is the internet get a life, what you put in your posts does exactly the opposite.

Clearly based on this failed attack you have no counter argument or proper experience to post your own counter to my post? Which you haven't by the way, thought so... You and others here thinking I could be that imaginative though as to make up such a story is a real compliment, thank you..

Even more Drivel.

Stellar retort... No reasonable counter but stellar retort, so I'm guessing you have 0 resume to present and yet calling for others to enlighten you of theirs? Rich stuff that..

After 3 catostorphic engine failiures with alloy rods, ok, old british bikes, i vowed never to buy another bike with ally rods, never had a problem with any of my jap bikes, all steel rods, standard, the last one had a redline at 11.500 rpm, and i would use it often,

Of course Miller writes good stuff about his stuff, he would say it was crap would he? you could say the same about this site for steel conrods, but the company does steel rods for all classes of motorsport, ....http://www.med-engineering.co.uk/catalogue/engine-assembly/conrods/arrow-conrods-std-length-std-pin-s-1-625-big-ends

Think you are still living in the past, steels and alloys have moved on with their compounds. If you read BME site it tells you how they have come up with a compound and forging that is reliable, and it is.

As I recall the Honda RC166 250cc 6 pot had a crank problem because of the metal of the era, now stuff has advanced regarding metals they can make a reliable crank.

Warpy what a load of <deleted> you post ( and keep doing it) i haven't posted pics i don't need to i haven't said what i supposedly did in the past, just post pics or links to them of you racing the cars you supposedly raced as simple as that ,as for your posts giving you credibility this is the internet get a life, what you put in your posts does exactly the opposite.

Clearly based on this failed attack you have no counter argument or proper experience to post your own counter to my post? Which you haven't by the way, thought so... You and others here thinking I could be that imaginative though as to make up such a story is a real compliment, thank you..

Even more Drivel.

Stellar retort... No reasonable counter but stellar retort, so I'm guessing you have 0 resume to present and yet calling for others to enlighten you of theirs? Rich stuff that..

Keep it up Warpy you've had my views on what you should do and all you do is come back with Drivel, nothing more i can say as you know i'm short to the point no need for lots of crap in my posts this ones longer as you seem too dimwitted to grasp the situation, as you said the content of your posts is your credabilty , your making me laugh long may it last.

This thread is still alive?

Does the OP even own the car anymore?

Indeed.

It's gone so far off topic it's over the horizon.

Since it's now degenerating into a slanging match it's time to close, unless someone PMs me a REALLY good reason to re-open.

• Like 1