Traffic violations drop by 67%

Lite Beer

How many BIB's does it take to attach a wheel clamp?

And I see that it's right outside a police station according to the signs.

One suspects this may be a staged photograph opportunity.

But the one holding the door owns the Isuzu and is trying to stop the clamping.

• Like 1

The cop in the photo is wearing a poorly designed dayglow vest. Having such a thick band covering his utility belt reduces his ability to draw his revolver or retrieve his handcuffs.

Leaving aside the fact that that may be a good thing, perhaps he just put it on wrongly. I suspect the velcro band is supposed to go behind the butt of his pistol........

We can all see in Bangkok the new Police is working harder and regulating better the traffic.

Good job as a start.

Seat belt compulsory ?

No mobile use during driving ?

Stop to think only you are on the road and do whatever you feel like doing.

I find similarities with the ways Bangkok and Paris drivers behave amazingly same, same, same not much different.

Me/I/Myself

Creative

Not bothering

Fast ( when ever there is space on the roads ) or very slow ( windows browsing ).

Only difference black windows in Paris are forbidden, so many in Bangkok black color body cars with tinted dark windows consume a lot more energy like aircon and could be minimize but why to bother.

Edited by brd

At least seven policemen by the looks of it. Is the cop in the foreground writing a ticket or reading out the wheel-clamp fitting instructions to the others ? I reckon they are clamping this Isuzu truck because it has been parked outside the Police Station in one of their parking spots, after all, no self respecting officer of the law would be seen dead driving an old banger like that.....

• Like 2

At least seven policemen by the looks of it. Is the cop in the foreground writing a ticket or reading out the wheel-clamp fitting instructions to the others ? I reckon they are clamping this Isuzu truck because it has been parked outside the Police Station in one of their parking spots, after all, no self respecting officer of the law would be seen dead driving an old banger like that.....

I shudder to think what happens when a light bulb blows at the cop shop.

They must think we are as stupid as their superiors. What a load of crap. If it has dropped by 67 per cent all that means they aren't doing their job. Surely if they have given fines to so many extra people the violations must have risen by 67 per cent.

• Like 1

The cop in the photo is wearing a poorly designed dayglow vest. Having such a thick band covering his utility belt reduces his ability to draw his revolver or retrieve his handcuffs.

Like they ever REALLY use their revolver or handcuffs....................................coffee1.gif

I shudder to think what happens when a light bulb blows at the cop shop.

So Sorry, Not to beat a dead horse..............but I count at least 9, maybe 10 bib

• Like 1

You beat me to the punch! I was counting the amount of police clamping one truck.. It must have been a week of mild weather because they certainly won't be out in the rain doing this

My next door neighbour recently bought a new BMW and has already been fined twice for driving with fog lights on, which he is doing to draw attention to himself - "look at me everybody". He wasn't happy when I told him that on UK roads his status symbol is just another 'rep mobile'.

Can anyone say what the law is on Fog Lights ? Is it, no fog no lights on, or is it a bit more complicated ?

Does it mean the two factory fitted lights below the main headlights, I call them driving lights.

I would really like to know, new car has them factory fitted front and rear.

?????

My next door neighbour recently bought a new BMW and has already been fined twice for driving with fog lights on, which he is doing to draw attention to himself - "look at me everybody". He wasn't happy when I told him that on UK roads his status symbol is just another 'rep mobile'.

Spot on. I recently told the Thai wife of a friend of mine that my daughter in the UK had bought a new mini-cooper. She said "Gosh, is she that rich, they cost 4 million in Thailand"

As she is a friend I bit my tongue and refrained from any remarks about the ridiculous protectionist import tariffs this country implement.

Can anyone say what the law is on Fog Lights ? Is it, no fog no lights on, or is it a bit more complicated ?

Does it mean the two factory fitted lights below the main headlights, I call them driving lights.

?????

I hope they are not outlawing those LED daytime running lights that many new cars are now fitted with. They actually make driving safer, IMO.

?????

If it's the same as the UK (a big if) you cannot have fog lights switched on alone. They can only be used in conjunction with the headlights.

I sure see improvements, less traffic violators like parking on busy spots causing traffic jams. Less driving against traffic (from cars, not motorbikes or hawkers) but this is just the start. Also all motorcyclists wear helmets now on the highways.

Next thing i like to see improved is using indicators correctly.