"New Scientist" article re hacking is what I have seen on own smartphone

nzvic

Hope this is in right section - looked for technology one - just want to let others know.

12 July 2014 issue has article re how hackers are using phones whilst owners are asleep (gambling/buying online charging credit cards quoted by those awake)....they even control what I can copy/paste which is why I cannot put up the link. Both on pc and phone, hackers are putting up false login and logout pages. It's great to have confirmation by a reasonably reputable source that what I thought was occurring was actually happening and not, as even engineers - who aren't up with the play online - told me, a figment of my imagination!

I use code verification for gmail and yahoo, but ha ha ha, they send false codes ALL from the same number and when I visit most sites, there's a lot of resizing/change of print etc. which goes on.

I've been using a public computer, albeit carefully, so I've contributed to my own misfortune! The scum closed my accounts of over a decade, and wrote to all contacts begging for money - oiginating numbers giving false codes were Auckland NZ phone numbers as I live in both countries.

On the plus side, I spend less time online. Posting just in case it's happened to others.

I think he's saying that his phone was hacked with malware, but also that all his internet accounted were hacked as well (?). Not sure, hard to tell. Apparently the hackers control what he can post on his computer as well so he couldn't link to the article- this one-

http://postbiota.org/pipermail/tt/2014-July/015762.html

I'd suggest getting a new phone then and watch what you download onto it in future. And change passwords for gmail and so on.

Thanks. I know getting new phone, pc, email/facebook etc. is the start, but doesn't guarantee will be rid of the rats as they have targeted my name and know all about me LOL! They should get a life instead of living through others, but it's all to try to get money I know.

When I come to Thai Visa and most other sites (even Oz largest bank), they can put up false pages -evident by change of print, resizing of pages, out-of-date info, flickering etc., change of print etc - so they can steal current login after which I can't use it again.

Setting up new emails/changing passwords makes no difference, they change them immediately. As said, even with verification codes, they intercept as robots are used, then can login at precisely the same time so know everything. Fact that all verificatn codes come from the same originating number shows how flagrant they are or think I'm too dumb to notice! Google and Yahoo are competitors not merged companies.

Posted only because perhaps someone else experiencing same: the New Scientist article spelled out how they can take over control. Also as warning to others re what can eventuate.

I NEVER use online banking or credit card info now; thankfully I had not for years. They wrote to all my contacts last year begging for money - they closed the emails after they did so so 14 yrs of emails/history lost. Reading of how Murcoch's reporters hacked phones/info so easily brings it home.

Like noise, hackers are just another pesky part of life!