Asian suspects raped English tourist

Lite Beer

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per the story at 0600 this morning the police didn't have the technology to properly conduct the DNA testing and were seeking the help of the FBI and now all of a sudden they ard DNA experts and have the case solved. Must have found a copy of DNA testing for Dummies

It's the same Police Commissioner with two different stories on two different days: Yesterday:

Police will request help from the United States' Federation Bureau of Investigation to test semen found in the body of a female British backpacker brutally murdered on the resort island of Koh Tao this week.

DNA testing technology in Thailand could only identify whether human secretions came from a male or female, said deputy police chief General Somyot Pumpunmuang, while the FBI had "sophisticated technology".

"We will ask the FBI to help identify the DNA in the semen we found - whether it belonged to an Asian or European," he said yesterday.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/761855-police-seek-help-from-fbi-on-dna/#entry8410547

Today:

Royal Thai Police commissioner revealed Saturday that latest DNA examination has now confirmed Asian suspects responsible for the rape and murder of the English tourist in Koh Tao.

Pol Gen Somyot Phunphanmuang disclosed the latest test of DNA samples collected from semen found inside the vagina and annal of Ms Hannah Witheridge, 23, showed they belonged to Mongoloid people or Asians.

Good to see the case is in the hands of the professionals

............................."Good to see the case is in the hands of the professionals"....................................

A perfect example of what I have been referring to regarding "sarcasm" being used by the wrong people, it can blow up in your face and make you look stupid.

And this case should have been taken away from the so-called RTP professionals and put in the hands of, let's say a seasoned internet troll with a good grasp on Google. That would have been better. thumbsup.gif

Pol Gen Somyot Phunphanmuang disclosed the latest test of DNA samples collected from semen found inside the vagina and annal of Ms Hannah Witheridge, 23, showed they belonged to Mongoloid people or Asians.

I find it hard to believe that this statement was reported. Who is in charge of this farce?

Edited by Tham1

To save face: just pretend that the people living on this island are not "real Thais", a kind of ethnic tribe very far from the famous "good people" in Bangkok.

Indeed they could start testing Ko Tao natives or Kotaoians.

Not about your comment T.O.H. I just needed to bounce of someone to ask my question.

Does anyone remember the comment I made on the day that it happened about the hoe being the weapon that locals use for just about everything. I have even seen a young bullock killed with one at a ceremonial thing and everyone seems to be walking around the streets with one slung over their shoulder.

This is good news indeed.

Now they should try to locate the two asian men who were running away from the scene ,filmed on cctv cameras.

And I still believe that if someone offer a big reward , like 500k , this crime will be solved within a week.

everybody who lived or still living in thailand knows exactly if the murderer was a ritch or well connectet person an if the TRP really gonna catch him,what do you think how long he will stay in jail? till sombody pay a couple of millions! for ritch people it is the same if you have to pay 200b for not wearing a helmet.if the murderer is a poor person,probably he get killed.scary but true...anyway,i do really hope the real murderer get cought soon.

To save face: just pretend that the people living on this island are not "real Thais", a kind of ethnic tribe very far from the famous "good people" in Bangkok.

Yeah.

It was the Mongoloids. wai2.gifwai.gif

Mongoloid:

adjective

1 often offensive of or relating to the broad division of humankind including the indigenous peoples of eastern Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Arctic region of North America.

2 (mongoloid) offensive affected with Down syndrome.

noun:

1 often offensive a person of a Mongoloid physical type.

2 offensive a person with Down syndrome.

They haven't ruled out Zombies yet...

Whats up with the font for the word "offensive"?

is that your insert?

Big surprise!

What is perhaps a bigger surprise is where this scientific expertise suddenly came from in Thailand.

Out of it's thoroughness, though, comes something unsurprising. Noting the point about mongoloid, Thai police are now hunting for an eskimo, possibly three eskimos.

• Like 1

Something is amiss here. a quote from one of todays press releases

"He said that after the reconstruction of the crime scene on Friday, the case had progressed and the police had not ruled out anyone. Officers even took DNA samples of more than 20 local women, British media reported."

I read this through twice so I was not misreading. After withdrawing the FBI request due to the new found in-house knowledge re using DNA, they found semen in one of the victims...... then they are doing DNA testing on 20 women ?????? Do they think that these women are going to provide a match for the semen found in the victim.....

Is this not beyond consideration? ... or the women of Koh Tao a little different?

Maybe the book they found this morning on "How to Do DNA Testing" should be reread.

• Like 1

Good god, do they really have to be that graphic as to describe where the semen found on the poor lass?

wouldn't be enough to just say " semen found on her body" ? do they have to demean the person like that?

It will help if at least TV posters will NOT quote the comments with too much details again and again!
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yeah.

It was the Mongoloids. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

Mongoloid:

adjective

1 often offensive of or relating to the broad division of humankind including the indigenous peoples of eastern Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Arctic region of North America.

2 (mongoloid) offensive affected with Down syndrome.

noun:

1 often offensive a person of a Mongoloid physical type.

2 offensive a person with Down syndrome.

They haven't ruled out Zombies yet...

Whats up with the font for the word "offensive"?

is that your insert?

No.

Simple copy and paste.

Oxford Dictionary.

Edited by iReason

I guess haplo group O was found in the Y DNA. They should be able to narrow that down. But so far it means perpetrator is most likely from the area spanning from southern China and Philippines to Southern Thailand and Eastern Burma.

Yeah, the use of that additional term is a bit weird. They should just have said "Asian."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongoloid

Should they? What about all the Asians that are Caucasian such as India and Pakistan? Mongoloid is more accurate and specific than Asian which is a just a geographical region and obviously indeterminable by testing DNA.