Asian suspects raped English tourist

Lite Beer

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to many bar stool generals here.dudes & dudetts in this forum seem to have all the answers to all the guestions they think should be asked. its true, some of you guys think that what you say is good & true because you said it.the thai police will get to the bottom of it sooner or later, for every barny fife there is a andy behind him.......oh yea one more thing....rapes & murders are far less here than uk,usa & aussie land. :-)

I would dearly like to see those stats on murders for the UK and Australia. USA, not sure, but there is absolutely no way that those countries have a higher murder rate.

Next you will tell me its safer to drive in Thailand than those countries.

I am not holding my breath waiting for the Thai police to solve anything. At the moment they seem quite happy apparently solving nothing.

Stats according to UN survey are as follows

USA - 5 per 100, 000 people capita

UK - 1 per 100, 000 people capita

Australia - 1 per 100, 000 people capita

Thailand - 6 per 100, 000 people capita.

No surprises there then!

Thailand worse than the USA?

thats pretty bad

to many bar stool generals here.dudes & dudetts in this forum seem to have all the answers to all the guestions they think should be asked. its true, some of you guys think that what you say is good & true because you said it.the thai police will get to the bottom of it sooner or later, for every barny fife there is a andy behind him.......oh yea one more thing....rapes & murders are far less here than uk,usa & aussie land. :-)

I would dearly like to see those stats on murders for the UK and Australia. USA, not sure, but there is absolutely no way that those countries have a higher murder rate.

I am not holding my breath waiting for the Thai police to solve anything. At the moment they seem quite happy apparently solving nothing.

No surprises there then!

Quite surprised the UK and Aus are so high.

No decimal points.

It doesn't sound much, but Thailand is 6 times more.

That is statistically an enormous difference.

^^@NeverSure. You're right. Now there's an embarrassing case, all 1400 of them and that's just one town.

UK doesn't have the face thing though. They don't even realise it's embarrassing. Shhh . . . don't tell 'em.

• Like 2

^^@NeverSure. You're right. Now there's an embarrassing case, all 1400 of them and that's just one town.

UK doesn't have the face thing though. They don't even realise it's embarrassing. Shhh . . . don't tell 'em.

Well. The chief of police just resigned and there are going to be more. The head of social services just went.

Thailand is what it is. There is no point denying it, and denying it is exactly how these poor people came to get into trouble.

It is not the chilled out, beach style haven you see in the brochures. It can be lethally dangerous in what appear to be the most touristy places because there is little law and order.

You speak the truth. Tourist Thailand I can't abide. But I still love village life in the sticks.

Maybe he could get a little more definitive results from the world expert analysts compared to the local staff who have neither the depth of training, experience or equipment. It bemuses me that Thais do not understand how far they are behind the world scientifically.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Does it also bemuse you that Thailand has a university in the top 50 for pharmacology and social science (that's the top 0.2% in the world), top 100 for medicine, life science, bio-medicine and chemical engineering and top 150 for chemistry and earth science? That is out of all the 22,000 universities in the world. Do you have a degree from a world class university?

It's not regular Thailand where the problems are. It's tourist Thailand where the problems are.

I doubt very much that a graduate of one of those universities (in the quoted faculties) is involved in any way with the testing of this DNA.

• Like 2

Maybe he could get a little more definitive results from the world expert analysts compared to the local staff who have neither the depth of training, experience or equipment. It bemuses me that Thais do not understand how far they are behind the world scientifically.

Does it also bemuse you that Thailand has a university in the top 50 for pharmacology and social science (that's the top 0.2% in the world), top 100 for medicine, life science, bio-medicine and chemical engineering and top 150 for chemistry and earth science? That is out of all the 22,000 universities in the world. Do you have a degree from a world class university?

It's not regular Thailand where the problems are. It's tourist Thailand where the problems are.

I doubt very much that a graduate of one of those universities (in the quoted faculties) is involved in any way with the testing of this DNA.

Well you never know Harry, you never know.

So breaking news now says both suspects related to poo yai bahn, one is his son the other is his brother, if this is in fact true then we know why this has taken do long for the police to do anything, apparently one is in custody but the other has escaped to Bangkok. Bet you its the brother whos been nicked and the son whos managed to get away

Stinked from the start as those 2 brothers from AC Bar needed questioning due to incident in the bar earlier in the night & fact they at crime scene with police in the released photos.

Brutality & murder weapon made it highly likely be thai killers & police knew/suspected a lot more from day 1 but been busy in deals & general power struggles trying save themselves & the culprits & the result is a complete stinking mess...

Also the Sean Mcanna incident involving these men was washed over rather casually by police as was the hideous amount of time it took for police to arrive at the shop !

I think best thing people can do is avoid Koh Toa & Thailand in general as you wasting you money & possibly health in this sewer of fake smiles & immorality ...

Edited by BuckBee
  • Like 2

Why do you doubt it very much?

Considering the Forensic Science Masters program, (available to degree graduates of the world class medicine program quoted), and the fact that Mahidol University have their own capillary DNA sequencer, if the testing was done in Thailand it is most likely that it was done at Mahidol and by a Mahidol graduate.

Now, let's get this straight - The main suspect was very well known on the island AND,

1. Was stood next to the bodies in the middle of the crime scene chatting to the police.

2. Has been identified as the mystery man on the CCTV footage.

3. Threatened the Scottish guy whilst in the company of a plain clothes policeman.

4. Refused to give a DNA sample.

5. Most probably threatened the cops that took him in

6. It took 8 days to bring him in!!

7. Was released without charge AND without giving a DNA sample

You couldn't make this up.

This HAS to have consequences for the local police officers at the island. They should be dismissed and investigated. If "transferred", only Yala and Pattanin are good enough. The army needs to transform the police force, especially outside Bkk. Police chiefs should be given proper salaries and work on a rotational basis, e.g 3-5 years max each area. Without a proper reform of the police and the feudal/mafia empires around in Thailand, the the reforms will be lost and the coup wasted. It takes brave man though.

No surprises there then!

I don't know where you got you stats but the ones I see give Thailand at 4.8 and the US at 4.7.

Anyway it's misleading to include a federal republic, the US is a varied place. There are states like New Hampshire with a murder rate as low as the UK and then there are states like Louisiana with a rate more than double that of Thailand's.

There are 17 states with a higher rate than Thailand.

Then you've got cities like Detroit with a rate of 47 per 100,000 whereas Bangkok has just under 4 per 100,000. The UK's worst city for murder is Glasgow at 3.3 per 100,000.

In Detroit you are 12 times as likely to be murdered than in Bangkok, New Orleans 11 times, Baltimore 9 times and St Louis 9 times.

The US is the only developed country to have cities in the top 50 for murder and they have 4!

As a whole Thailand has a higher murder rate but now look at the rape rates.

Number of rapes:

Australia - 92 per 100,000 (worst in the world))

USA - 27 (9th in the world)

UK - 7.2

Thailand - 6.7

And the total crime rates,

Total number of reported crimes:

Australia - 580 per 1000 (worst in the world for crime)

UK - 110 per 1000 (5th worst)

USA - 41 per 1000 (22nd worst)

Thailand - 9 per 1000 (60th worst)

^^ And what does this tell you?

And the total crime rates,

Total number of reported crimes:

Australia - 580 per 1000 (worst in the world for crime)

UK - 110 per 1000 (5th worst)

USA - 41 per 1000 (22nd worst)

Thailand - 9 per 1000 (60th worst)

• Like 2

Now, let's get this straight - The main suspect was very well known on the island AND,

1. Was stood next to the bodies in the middle of the crime scene chatting to the police.

2. Has been identified as the mystery man on the CCTV footage.

3. Threatened the Scottish guy whilst in the company of a plain clothes policeman.

4. Refused to give a DNA sample.

5. Most probably threatened the cops that took him in

6. It took 8 days to bring him in!!

7. Was released without charge AND without giving a DNA sample

You couldn't make this up.

Indeed. It wouldn't have needed Poirot to work this one out would it.

All this DNA fuss, what about fingerprints on murder weapon & other items at murder scene, footprints etc.

These guys were first step suspects due to AC bar incident & rest of unfolding events makes it almost impossible they not involved. Obviously huge amount of corrupt police too due to all the fluffing about.

Absolute disgrace to think such a brutal pointless rape & double murder can be possibly hindered by these hillbilly scum.

Ideally needs military to intervene & clean up 100%

In the meantime people would be best boycotting Thailand for holiday & investment as Thais need learn the hard way that this sort of stupidity & corruption is not acceptable ...

• Like 1

How do any crimes ever get solved in Thailand if suspects are just allowed to casually decline when asked to take a DNA test? - the mind boggles!

Thai Police Officer: "There's been an awful lot of crime on this island of late, and we strongly suspect that you're behind it all. I'm afraid we're going to need a DNA sample from you"

Suspect: "No"

Thai Police Officer: "Oh right, well, thanks for your time. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Shall I close the door on my way out?"

• Like 2