Renewal Of Long Term Retirement Visa

:D I am due to renew my long term retirement visa this week. My failing memory does not serve me well so am turning to the expertise of TV. I know I needs photcopy the front page of all my Thai Bank Books BUT do I also need to photo copy each page of transactions in each of these books as well....grateful of any enlightenment on this subject. Many thanks for any input to this problem/requisition.... :o Dukkha

TM.7 with current 4x6cm photo attached. Form available here fill out and print both sides of one sheet of paper.

Medical certificate.

Bank letter.

Passport and copies of all pages plus TM.6 entry card.

Bank passport and copies of front page and all pages with transactions.

1,900 baht.

:D Lop, knew I could count on you, a swift and succinct answer, good on ya mate..now Bank Letter, in my case I present a certified letter from Australian Embassy stating that my monthly income is in excess of 65 000 baht per month, this is what I presented at Hua Hin for initial long term retirement visa and was acceptable...trust that covers it as have all other docs you kindly listed..many thanks for your efforts...I also include a letter from my State Government Pension Fund which states my CPI increases and my net pension per fortnight...should I panic or have I covered all bases my friend..regards :o Dukkha

As far as I know the bank letter is a must have regardless. The amount in the account is not a problem but you must still present the letter. But if Hua Hin did not require it last year perhaps they will not require it this year. But it normally only costs 200 baht so not a major item.

The bank letter is a must and it must be current and match your bank book. The last time I went I had a new bank book and had copied the pages. I had to go back home and also bring the old bank book with copies of all the pages. She spent quite a bit of time with her calculator. I have the letter verifying my monthly income so I was surprised.

:D Confused..the bank letter, my bank accounts are from Hua Hin, where am I supposed to get a bank letter before the renewal date next Monday, can I just take all my 4 bank books to a Bankgok Branch here in Bankok, will that suffice, and what is the content of the Bank Letter about...now the panic button is close...Dukkha :o

It just confirmed the amount in your account and that should be the last amount in your passbook also. Bangkok Bank head office can provide the letter(s) as well as the local branch so you should not have any problems.

:D Confused..the bank letter, my bank accounts are from Hua Hin, where am I supposed to get a bank letter before the renewal date next Monday, can I just take all my 4 bank books to a Bankgok Branch here in Bankok, will that suffice, and what is the content of the Bank Letter about...now the panic button is close...Dukkha :o

As you are unsure what to do.

Go to every Thai bank where you have one or more accounts. Get a letter confirming the existence of each account and the current balance. Usually 200 THB per account per letter. Easy.

Photocopy all pages from the passbook for each account showing transactions for the past 12 months which will of course show you have, from time to time, been transferring money for your day to day expenses.

Together with a letter from your embassy which confirms you have overseas pension or investment income equivalnt to 65k/month you need have no worries about money.

:D You have all been so supportive and helpful, in research I am told that the Bank Letter applies in the case where you have an 800 000 baht fixed account deposit, not applicable to moi as my Embassy has issued the certification of my receiving a monthly pension in excess of 65 000 baht per month and that in itself it sufficient....as to the Embassy not issuiing such a letter it was not my experience last year when I applied for said letter of Certification...will be banging at the Embassy door early tomorrow adn willl obviously be informed as to the current status quo...will release the panic button after I have quaffed the last of the vino bianco...Cheets Chaps and have a good day...with gratitude to all of you who have provided such valuable info on this issue... :o Dukkha