Sunday 04 Oct Ride

dave_boo

What if we did this route instead?

I have no idea what the road conditions are like but we are shaving off about 80 km?

Between the [3211] and [340] you're looking at some 10-12 km of tore up and gravel canal roads. The rest isn't too bad. I do question having so much of the route unfamiliar to all the riders though.

I was also thinking about proposing this route.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What if we did this route instead?

I have no idea what the road conditions are like but we are shaving off about 80 km?

Between the [3211] and [340] you're looking at some 10-12 km of tore up and gravel canal roads. The rest isn't too bad. I do question having so much of the route unfamiliar to all the riders though.

I was also thinking about proposing this route.

Yeah, this is shorter - fine with me

Just something to think about as you might need to re-evaluate your route. I did 600 km today no traffic it took 9 hours with lunch and 4 fuel stops. I think your group would need about 2 extra hours.

it took 10 hours for me today for bangkok.

but we wait an hour, raining hard for some time plus lunch was long but nice food.

Just something to think about as you might need to re-evaluate your route. I did 600 km today no traffic it took 9 hours with lunch and 4 fuel stops. I think your group would need about 2 extra hours.

it took 10 hours for me today for bangkok.

but we wait an hour, raining hard for some time plus lunch was long but nice food.

No excuses! If took you 10 hours cuz you ride like my grandma! j/k

• Like 1

Were your fuel stops of the 1/2 hour variety? Because if they were, you averaged right at 100 km/h moving average (67 km/h overall) also assuming an hour lunch break. If your lunch and fuel breaks were shorter than what I think they were, you were well under 100 km/h moving.

I do believe that we're going to do better than that. With the exception of the Suphanburi to Ban Rai leg, the roads are nice and smooth and not terribly technical. Even if we average only 110 km/h, we'll only be on the road for 5 hours. The fuel breaks, lunch and time spent at the wat are all up to the group. If there's anyone who wants to jet ahead due to commitments, we'll understand.

• Like 1

Got my bike serviced today and I will be joining you guys on Sunday. smile.png

Just thinking if I should put new tires before or after the ride.

Can't remember what bike you have. I'll be riding my Versys, old(ish) Pirelli Angels ST on the front and new(ish) Pirelli Angels GT on the rear. No need for the likes of Super Corsas or Diablos.

Got my bike serviced today and I will be joining you guys on Sunday. smile.png

Just thinking if I should put new tires before or after the ride.

Can't remember what bike you have. I'll be riding my Versys, old(ish) Pirelli Angels ST on the front and new(ish) Pirelli Angels GT on the rear. No need for the likes of Super Corsas or Diablos.

Riding a CB500F, also on Angels :-)

Confirmed riders:

Me (CB500X) pillion

JohnPark (Z800) single

Nebula (CBR250) single

ll2 (CBR650) pillion

Gweiloman (Versys) pillion

Bramds (CB500F) single

Tenative riders:

???

I am checking out the stretch I am not sure of tomorrow. Will report just after lunch; hopefully we don't have to reroute.

Following this thread, and looks like it would be a great day out. Unfortunately I'm just back in the country on Friday but then going over to OZ for the MotoGP the next week. So as not to get a kicking from the wife, I'll give this one a miss.

Next ride I will join, for sure. Can I just ask as I've never ridden my bike to BKK, what road can you take into BKK from Rayong/Pattaya? Are you allowed to go through the tollbooths on Route 7? Or do you take the old bus route along the coast?

I guess a question to John Park, as you'll be coming from Pattaya, what route would you take to BKK? I have a Z800 too btw, and I live south of you, so I guess next time we could do that route together.

Cheers.

Edited by baxida

Following this thread, and looks like it would be a great day out. Unfortunately I'm just back in the country on Friday but then going over to OZ for the MotoGP the next week. So as not to get a kicking from the wife, I'll give this one a miss.

Next ride I will join, for sure. Can I just ask as I've never ridden my bike to BKK, what road can you take into BKK from Rayong/Pattaya? Are you allowed to go through the tollbooths on Route 7? Or do you take the old bus route along the coast?

I guess a question to John Park, as you'll be coming from Pattaya, what route would you take to BKK? I have a Z800 too btw, and I live south of you, so I guess next time we could do that route together.

Cheers.

First off, bikes are not allowed on the toll roads. The penalty is Thb 20,000 fine but I got away with paying only Thb 200 once and recently, another rider had to pay Thb 1,000.

The quickest to my knowledge, coming from Pattaya, would be to take Highway 7 for the first part and then hang a left towards Chonburi. Take the Chonburi bypass and end up on Bang Na Trat. There are still a lot of roadworks but not as bad going towards Bkk. Coming from Bkk, it's not a nice ride.

I have taken a much longer scenic route, Bkk - ChacCheongSao, down past Phanat Nikhom etc.

I'm riding down tomorrow to Rayong and will try the Hwy 3 (Samut Prakarn), cut across the 315 to Phanat Nikhom and all the way down to Rayong.

p/s: why not take the wife along? A few of us will be taking pillions along.

• Like 1

Cheers.

First off, bikes are not allowed on the toll roads. The penalty is Thb 20,000 fine but I got away with paying only Thb 200 once and recently, another rider had to pay Thb 1,000.

The quickest to my knowledge, coming from Pattaya, would be to take Highway 7 for the first part and then hang a left towards Chonburi. Take the Chonburi bypass and end up on Bang Na Trat. There are still a lot of roadworks but not as bad going towards Bkk. Coming from Bkk, it's not a nice ride.

I have taken a much longer scenic route, Bkk - ChacCheongSao, down past Phanat Nikhom etc.

I'm riding down tomorrow to Rayong and will try the Hwy 3 (Samut Prakarn), cut across the 315 to Phanat Nikhom and all the way down to Rayong.

p/s: why not take the wife along? A few of us will be taking pillions along.

Ah I see, so from Pattaya it's the coastal road, and from Rayong it's up through Chacheongsao. I'll note that for next time.

I will certainly offer the wife to come along, but we have a young bambino who she doesn't like leaving with anybody - her family isn't in the same area where we live. Thanks for the offer anyways, I'll definitely make the next one if I'm home.

Have a good one...

Hi guys,

let me briefly introduce myself:

I'm Jo(han), living in Bangkok over 10 yrs, and recently bought a big bike (Z800).

Since then, i'm looking for weekend rides with other bikers, and this seems like a good start, so you can count me in, if possible

cheers,

Humble Jo

• Like 2

Hi guys,

let me briefly introduce myself:

I'm Jo(han), living in Bangkok over 10 yrs, and recently bought a big bike (Z800).

Since then, i'm looking for weekend rides with other bikers, and this seems like a good start, so you can count me in, if possible

cheers,

Humble Jo

cool man, welcome.