Sunday 04 Oct Ride

dave_boo

Following this thread, and looks like it would be a great day out. Unfortunately I'm just back in the country on Friday but then going over to OZ for the MotoGP the next week. So as not to get a kicking from the wife, I'll give this one a miss.

Next ride I will join, for sure. Can I just ask as I've never ridden my bike to BKK, what road can you take into BKK from Rayong/Pattaya? Are you allowed to go through the tollbooths on Route 7? Or do you take the old bus route along the coast?

I guess a question to John Park, as you'll be coming from Pattaya, what route would you take to BKK? I have a Z800 too btw, and I live south of you, so I guess next time we could do that route together.

Cheers.

First off, bikes are not allowed on the toll roads. The penalty is Thb 20,000 fine but I got away with paying only Thb 200 once and recently, another rider had to pay Thb 1,000.

The quickest to my knowledge, coming from Pattaya, would be to take Highway 7 for the first part and then hang a left towards Chonburi. Take the Chonburi bypass and end up on Bang Na Trat. There are still a lot of roadworks but not as bad going towards Bkk. Coming from Bkk, it's not a nice ride.

I have taken a much longer scenic route, Bkk - ChacCheongSao, down past Phanat Nikhom etc.

I'm riding down tomorrow to Rayong and will try the Hwy 3 (Samut Prakarn), cut across the 315 to Phanat Nikhom and all the way down to Rayong.

p/s: why not take the wife along? A few of us will be taking pillions along.

Ah I see, so from Pattaya it's the coastal road, and from Rayong it's up through Chacheongsao. I'll note that for next time.

I will certainly offer the wife to come along, but we have a young bambino who she doesn't like leaving with anybody - her family isn't in the same area where we live. Thanks for the offer anyways, I'll definitely make the next one if I'm home.

Have a good one...

road going through the coast - highway 3 is better than Bang Na - Trat road i believe. Also a scenic route. hate bang na trat road nowadays!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First off, bikes are not allowed on the toll roads. The penalty is Thb 20,000 fine but I got away with paying only Thb 200 once and recently, another rider had to pay Thb 1,000.

The quickest to my knowledge, coming from Pattaya, would be to take Highway 7 for the first part and then hang a left towards Chonburi. Take the Chonburi bypass and end up on Bang Na Trat. There are still a lot of roadworks but not as bad going towards Bkk. Coming from Bkk, it's not a nice ride.

I have taken a much longer scenic route, Bkk - ChacCheongSao, down past Phanat Nikhom etc.

I'm riding down tomorrow to Rayong and will try the Hwy 3 (Samut Prakarn), cut across the 315 to Phanat Nikhom and all the way down to Rayong.

p/s: why not take the wife along? A few of us will be taking pillions along.

Ah I see, so from Pattaya it's the coastal road, and from Rayong it's up through Chacheongsao. I'll note that for next time.

I will certainly offer the wife to come along, but we have a young bambino who she doesn't like leaving with anybody - her family isn't in the same area where we live. Thanks for the offer anyways, I'll definitely make the next one if I'm home.

Have a good one...

road going through the coast - highway 3 is better than Bang Na - Trat road i believe. Also a scenic route. hate bang na trat road nowadays!

I'm going to try the highway 3 later this afternoon. However, I'm going to swing inland before Chonburi instead of going down the coastal road. Went that way with Matt the last time and it's quite a pleasant road.

Hi guys,

let me briefly introduce myself:

I'm Jo(han), living in Bangkok over 10 yrs, and recently bought a big bike (Z800).

Since then, i'm looking for weekend rides with other bikers, and this seems like a good start, so you can count me in, if possible

cheers,

Humble Jo

You're welcome along. Will you be single?

I'm seriously tempted by this. I had an accident last week and hurt my elbow, it's still not 100% so I'm not certain if it could handle 500kms.

Hey macknife, maybe we should do a "10K" version, so a shortened route part of the way with the folks doing the full "marathon"?

I would have loved to join you guys, despite ll2 tongue.png (jk..) but not sure I can handle the full 530Km.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I'm Jo(han), living in Bangkok over 10 yrs, and recently bought a big bike (Z800).

Since then, i'm looking for weekend rides with other bikers, and this seems like a good start, so you can count me in, if possible

cheers,

Humble Jo

Yep, my wife's in Rayong this weekend ;-)

I had to choose between a ride with you guys , or crying myself to sleep (in front of the TV with a six pack Singha)

• Like 1

Hi guys,

cheers,

Humble Jo

Yep, my wife's in Rayong this weekend ;-)

I had to choose between a ride with you guys , or crying myself to sleep (in front of the TV with a six pack Singha)

better ride with us!

Maybe ill join need to pass that break-in process. Where's the meeting point?

Edit: Sorry just saw the route and tentative speed... dont think i can cope with.

c'mon hili!

we can slow down and do speed bursts to catch the group time by time man!

Confirmed riders:

Me (CB500X) pillion

JohnPark (Z800) single

Nebula (CBR250) single

ll2 (CBR650) pillion

Gweiloman (Versys) pillion

Bramds (CB500F) single

Humblejo (Z800) single

Tentative riders:

macknife (?) single?

I would be single. Ninja 250/300 model. I'll go out for a short ride today, if my elbow feels fine then I'm in. I'll confirm tomorrow.

Confirmed riders:

Me (CB500X) pillion

JohnPark (Z800) single

Nebula (CBR250) single

ll2 (CBR650) pillion

Bramds (CB500F) single

Humblejo (Z800) single

Tentative riders:

macknife (?) single?

I would be single. Ninja 250/300 model. I'll go out for a short ride today, if my elbow feels fine then I'm in. I'll confirm tomorrow.

Here's hoping your elbow feels fine.

Hi guys, can I join the ride? I'm in rangsit. riding a hyperstrada.

Sure can!

Will you be solo or have a pillion?

**For everyone**

Let's make sure that we're meeting at Lak Si IT mall at 0730 with an ABSOLUTELY NO LATER THAN 0800 push off...0745 being preferred as most of us have not ridden together and we'll need time to suss out how everything is going to flow through the ride.

I'm going to be coming back from Nakhon Sawan tomorrow, so will be out of contact most of the morning.

In the home stretch....registration is still open for the next 4 hours (gotta sleep some time...after the incident yesterday and coming down from Nakhon Sawan today I want to be well rested for tomorrow).

Haven't heard back from edmundchia, so here's the list:

Confirmed riders:

Me (CB500X) pillion
JohnPark (Z800) single
Nebula (CBR250) single
ll2 (CBR650) pillion
Bramds (CB500F) single
Humblejo (Z800) single
macknife (Ninja 250/300) single

Tentative riders:

edmudchia (Hyperstrada) single?

Think I'm out guys. Had conjunctivitis all week, was hoping I'd be ok for tomorrow but shit was blurry on my ride this morning. I'll join the next one.

2e4cbag.jpg

Sorry to hear that....but safety first!

Hope you get over it soon.

We made really good time in the beginning, except for the Thais needing to eat. We also took one fewer pit stop before than was originally planned. It was shaping up to be a 7-8 hour ride....

Except it started pouring down rain 1/2 way over to Chainat! Some waffling about what direction we were going to take added some time also. I just got into Minburi and will upload some pics shortly.

**edit**

Actually was a really nice ride; there wasn't anybody out to race or undertake. Was good meeting all the ThaiVisa posters and getting a face to handle. I was disappointed the Hyperstrada didn't wheelie through any intersections though.

Edited by dave_boo
  • Like 1

How did you guys get on? Gutted I missed it but been storms in Patts all day.

Morning ride was fantastic. After lunch though, we must have been caught in no less than 3 thunderstorms and had to take shelter, including once in the front porch of a lovely Thai couple. They even offered us drinks etc.

I'll let Dave write up the ride report, warts and all as this was his ride after all. Just one thing - thanks a million Dave, for organising the ride. Thanks also to II2, bramds, humblejo, edmund, nebula and macknife for joining the ride. It was a real pleasure riding with you guys, real riders that is, hahahaha. Hope to do it again soon.

John, since you missed this one, you are given the honour and pleasure of arranging the next ride :)

• Like 1

How did you guys get on? Gutted I missed it but been storms in Patts all day.

140 max kph was the last report I received.

Some had to push it up to 150 kph at parts (speedo indicated speed). IIRC, I topped out at around 140 kph but had extended periods above 120.

• Like 1