beaded seat cover

FTB

Oscar2 - Thanks heaps for the tip. Off to Pantip for a look around.

autouseful-beaded-seat-cover-199-p%5Bekm

just to confirm it was something like this correct?

a little more primitive TBH. brown beads but did not have a nice frame/border like the one in the photo. not nearly as nice as that one.

As my father used to say "beggars cannot be choosy" so I'll take whatever I can find as long as it's beads, haha. Thank you for the discovery.

I went to Pantip today but could not find a car accessory shop. it being Sunday though loads of shops were closed so I'll have another look around on Monday. Do you remember what floor it was on?

As my father used to say "beggars cannot be choosy" so I'll take whatever I can find as long as it's beads, haha. Thank you for the discovery.

I went to Pantip today but could not find a car accessory shop. it being Sunday though loads of shops were closed so I'll have another look around on Monday. Do you remember what floor it was on?

quite certain it was on the ground floor. not a shop per se but a little kiosk type thing where all the people selling mobile accessories, men's shirts and so forth are located. there's a little one selling some car accessories.

I think the shop in mention is just outside the TOT office on the 1st floor.

could be. right in that same area.

the only reason i replied was that i had just seen it on Saturday and actually thought about buying one because my back had been aching and had been driving a lot lately. but then i ran into someone i knew and got distracted and forgot about it. i didn't even get as far as asking the price. they had about 2 in stock as i recall.

yes, they have those same kiosks at the enterence to Big C Hang Dong, Super Highway, Don Chan, etc. they probably have them all over, don't know. again, not the best of quality - probably Chinese made.

Edited by Oscar2

I've been sitting on a beaded one for the past several months, and quite happy with it. It's only the lower portion that I bought, having something different for my back, but it does the trick. I bought mine in 'Amorn' in the Computer Plaza on the north side of the moat, next to Icon Square. They are on the floor against the rear wall with the rest of the car accessories.

OK thanks everyone for the beta on beaded seat covers. Here is what I found. All the Auto Kiosks in all of the Lotus/Bug C/Tesco that I looked at all carried a variety of seat covers however no bead seat covers.

The one Kiosk in Pantip Plaza carries a lumbar support made from wire with a small amount of beads (about 9"X6") against the lumbar portion of your back only. None for under the derriere or covering the back.

Amorn next to the Computer plaza on the outside of the moat carries pieces of bead covers that you can place on the bottom of the seat and with a bit of creativity also attach one to the back portion of the seat. You will need something to lash the beaded mats to the seat but that's an easy fix. they are about the size of a small welcome mat for 125 baht each.

Thank you all for the finger pointing.

• 1 year later...

I've been sitting on a beaded one for the past several months, and quite happy with it. It's only the lower portion that I bought, having something different for my back, but it does the trick. I bought mine in 'Amorn' in the Computer Plaza on the north side of the moat, next to Icon Square. They are on the floor against the rear wall with the rest of the car accessories.

What is the benefit using beaded seat cover?

What is the benefit using beaded seat cover?

Google it

http://www.justpillow.com/2013/09/benefits-of-wood-bead-cushion.html

Not difficult