What is Thai dating culture like?

Damian Lewis

3 hours ago, DaLa said:

Correct, dating apps don't work. Try bank apps, they work a dream.

thats it boys..shut it down....you my friend win the internet today!....kudos......you have solved the puzzle!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

I find people and interaction to be the same, worldwide.  All the good, bad & ugly of it.  Slight culture difference, very slight, and Thai gals seem accepting any age difference a bit more ... if you're not a smelly, fat, alcoholic slob :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mstevens said:

An engineer earning 150K USD per annum will be a lot more attractive to ladies than an English teaching sweating it out for 35,000 baht per month.

But you can try "reverse psychology".

Let's say you are an engineer making 150K. Tell them you make 35,000 baht per month.

And see how they react.

If they turn you down, they were only ever interested in your money anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, Damian Lewis said:

I wonder how is the Thai dating culture like?  Because dating apps doesn't work for me. Any suggestion or tips will be absolutely helpful for me.

Thai dating, is not really dating.

Most Thais in Thailand rely on word of mouth to find the Giks they need, most afternoons.

In Thai culture, strict monogamy seems to not be given the highest priority.

In Thai culture, it is the mother-son relationship which is most sacred.

And, probably.....THIS is why everybody loves Giks, and Giking about, so popular here.

I would love a Gik....if...

I were not so celibate all of the time.

I have never had a Gik relationship.

And, this is one of my deepest regrets.

5 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Let's say you are an engineer making 150K. Tell them you make 35,000 baht per month.

And see how they react.

I wouldn't get hung up on a woman who wants a man with money.

It's perfectly normal for a woman to want a guy who can provide a decent life for her. And further to that, many of us are proud to be able to take care of our wife and give her a great life. If you truly love her, wouldn't you want your lives to the best they can be?

As in most places, the "culture" depends on what you are looking for.  One thing for sure:  Thai women know very well the different types of guys out there and the different types of things they are looking for. 

8 hours ago, mstevens said:

I wouldn't get hung up on a woman who wants a man with money.

It's perfectly normal for a woman to want a guy who can provide a decent life for her. And further to that, many of us are proud to be able to take care of our wife and give her a great life. If you truly love her, wouldn't you want your lives to the best they can be?

If she's on the up and up, it's perfectly fine.

Arguably, many (most?) modern women don't have the proper DNA for being wife material. 

Not sure how much I would want to spend on them. 

14 hours ago, save the frogs said:

And see how they react.

I don't think so.

If a guy is involved in a start-up and makes little money, and he works hard because he thinks he just invented this great thing with which he will be successful in a couple of years, that is perfectly fine.

But if a i.e. 30 year old guy works as a teacher for 35k THB because that is the best job he is able to get, that is a huge difference.

I understand women who want to see that their partner is successful, or on the way to success.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JTXR said:

As in most places, the "culture" depends on what you are looking for.  One thing for sure:  Thai women know very well the different types of guys out there and the different types of things they are looking for. 

But then, a guy might see a woman and think: I would like to f%^ her. And an hour later he sees another woman and thinks: Wow, I wish I would marry her (or a woman like her).

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't think so.

If a guy is involved in a start-up and makes little money, and he works hard because he thinks he just invented this great thing with which he will be successful in a couple of years, that is perfectly fine.

But if a i.e. 30 year old guy works as a teacher for 35k THB because that is the best job he is able to get, that is a huge difference.

I understand women who want to see that their partner is successful, or on the way to success.

Yeah, all women would date Brad Pitt if they could.

And Brad Pitt would dump them and move on to someone else after 3 months. 

There's a curve at which you don't want your man to be TOO rich because then he has too many options.

Men want the hottest women - and they usually are not the best long term partners

Women want the richest guys - and they are not always the best long term partners

The dating scene is a complicated mess. You need 15 Phds to sort it out. 

I don't claim to have it all worked out, with a string of failed relationships and whole lotta women turning me down over the years. 

8 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

The dating scene is a complicated mess. You need 15 Phds to sort it out.

I agree with the complicated mess.

I think that is one of those situations where you should switch off your brain and listen to your heart. 

By intuition we know lots of things which we wouldn't be able to describe with words.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

all women would date Brad Pitt if they could.

And Brad Pitt would dump them and move on to someone else after 3 months. 

All women ......... Apart from the two he married!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1