Where exactly s the new entrance for the bike lane at Suvarnabhumi airport?

wantan

According to the news the bike track at Suvarnabhumi airport will be closed for four days and then reopened with the entrance at a different location:

Bike lane at Suvarnabhumi airport to close temporarily

BANGKOK, 20 September 2014 (NNT) The bicycle track at Suvarnabhumi airport is closed for four days from September 22-25 for improvements and for the southern entrance to be shut down permanently.

Where exactly is the new entrance for the bike lane at Suvarnabhumi airport? And how to get there? Can someone provide a GPS location or a Google-Maps link please?

I noticed a lot of road construction the last weeks at this place, so am i right the new entrance will be here (please click for Google-Maps link)?

Edited by wantan

Hi mate, this is the entrance to the green lane here

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//13.6497126,100.7480845/@13.6515964,100.7478732,2912m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e2

I hope the link works

Thanks, but this is the old entrance to the bike track. This entrance is closed now. They build a nice new entry point in the north-east corner of the airport. Lots of parking space there.

The new entrance is exactly where i assumed it to be in my first point. You can look at Google-Maps here for the new location.

They also put a lot of reflectors at the coconut palms. Seems they are trying to make the track safer for riding in the dark, now that the sunset is earlier every day.

I really like this track. Great idea. I visit it at least once a week.

Edited by wantan

thanks for that, wasnt aware they moved it. have you also heard that its suppose to be taken over by siam commercial bank and will renovate and upgrade it. hopefully it happens. theres an article on it in the bangkok post and as can post links here youl have to google search it. cheers