What Street Food Is The Most Profitable?

listenup

Having a beer with my mate last night and we started talking about what street food has the biggest profit margins?

I personally think Noodles and those Pork Balls, he thinks Fruit.

Your opinions?

Oh yes they really make a fortune , the mercedes car is park few metres away !

Having a beer with my mate last night and we started talking about what street food has the biggest profit margins?

Your opinions?

What was the point of your post?

I was not asking how much street vendors earn.

This topic would be better viewed in the Food Subforum.

Can I presume that you are talking about Thai street food?

Hmm, I can't imagine any would be geat money-spinners, or that there is a great difference - but I think fruit as well - it doesn't require any cooking - just some ice to keep it cold.

Your opinions?

My point is :

it is a lame business.

Working long hours selling sum tum / fruits / noodle or anything , charge from 10 baht to 25 baht.

your intro about profit margins sound to me ridiculous , why you do not ask to see a profit and lost statement and balance sheet !

Your opinions?

The street meat on soi nana. A couple of thousand baht per serving + it is reusable. :o

Your opinions?

The street meat on soi nana. A couple of thousand baht per serving + it is reusable. :o

Yeah-ya got it-ya sell it-and ya still got it

to do well here, you have to do one thing particularly well, and then people will come from far and wide for it. Whether it be Joke at 3 in the morning, seafood at Soi Texas or fried chicken in Soi Polo, whatever it is do it very very well, and you'll be OK.

Your opinions?

My point is :

it is a lame business.

Working long hours selling sum tum / fruits / noodle or anything , charge from 10 baht to 25 baht.

your intro about profit margins sound to me ridiculous , why you do not ask to see a profit and lost statement and balance sheet !

It may be a lame business for yourself but to Thai's it's a way of earning money to provide for there familes, is that lame?

If there wasn't money to be made, why are there so many of them?

Grow up!

As for the other posts, I did have in mind Street vendors in Thailand but hey, why not spread it across the seas? If we are talking world wide, I would say street vendors at concerts, a bottle of water set me back £2.50 at wembley!!

Keep them coming!

Do not bring , moral justice into your answer , I never under look at people !

They do it , because they need to survive , only few are making a ok living and it is because of volume they have !

why so many ? because no other opportunities

You want to know the biggest profit margins between selling fruits / soup / sumtum , that is the ridiculous part for me !

Why not to look at transport and difference between a 5 baht and 7 baht bus fare , if a beggar in chiangmai is better of as the one in Bangkok , compare to the population minimum wage !

Grow up , yes did , emigrated from Europe to Australia, make money and retired in Thailand under 40 !

Why not to look at transport and difference between a 5 baht and 7 baht bus fare , if a beggar in chiangmai is better of as the one in Bangkok , compare to the population minimum wage !

Grow up , yes did , emigrated from Europe to Australia, make money and retired in Thailand under 40 !

Lost me there . . . Europe . . . Balkans, perhaps?!

They do it , because they need to survive , only few are making a ok living and it is because of volume they have !

You want to know the biggest profit margins between selling fruits / soup / sumtum , that is the ridiculous part for me !

Actually, I think that the ops question is reasonable.

What's wrong with finding out the best margin.It might not mean much to high flyers that retire before they are 40 :o , but I'm sure many Thai vendors would like to know the answer to this as well.

Edited by chuchok

Exactly, with few opotunities Thai's try and earn a living by selling food on the street, so why is this a lame business?

If you thought that this thread was ridiculous, then why did you participate?

Come on, stop being stupid.

Congratulations on retiring under 40. I hope I can do the same.

Has anyone ever seen a falang selling street food?

Yes in Pattaya.. Walking Street at one of the many many street festivals they have had there,if I remember rightly they where members of "Rotary" selling for charity.

Anyway the reason I'm writing here is because... my next door neighbour was just telling me ( moments before reading this ) that she makes 1000 baht per day selling boiled corn on the cob from her push cart..that's quite a good wage,she said its enough to raise 3 kids pay the repayments on a car and mortgage and have some left over..but said its hard work. :o

Has anyone ever seen a falang selling street food?

Yes in Pattaya.. Walking Street at one of the many many street festivals they have had there,if I remember rightly they where members of "Rotary" selling for charity.

Anyway the reason I'm writing here is because... my next door neighbour was just telling me ( moments before reading this ) that she makes 1000 baht per day selling boiled corn on the cob from her push cart..that's quite a good wage,she said its enough to raise 3 kids pay the repayments on a car and mortgage and have some left over..but said its hard work. :o

I reckon they got away with it as it was for charity. Would have to be careful as they would end up taking business away from people like your neighbour.

1000 a day is a good wage, but like you say, it must be bloody hard work. Not sure I know many falangs that would be up for that.

Now if I could only persuade the wife...........?

Not exactly street food but hey you are asking for what kind of food you make the biggest profit on.

Those bags of icecubes, 100% profit.

Plastic botlles of water, 50% profit.

Beer (large botlle) on average, 25% profit.

A friend of mine owns a small supermarket in an appartment and after I let her do some marketresearch and by selecting the right products, the shop is now having a 30% net profit

on a monthly average sales of 100.000 Bath.

I asked a papaya pok pok lady in patpong about her sales per night and she told she have a sales of 5000 Bath per night on average, not sure how much costs she have to buy all the stuff and to pay for being there.

Alex

Those Shwarma guys are banking it on Nana 3.

yassuh...I say that's the best reply so far on this thread...but in order to stay politically correct make sure it's a skinny thai guy in ragged shorts and flip flops rather than a pakistani in the usual clean livery and paper hat that's trimmin' the meat offa the rotisserie...

tourists might get the wrong idea otherwise...'I would like some nam prick, please...'

'falang bah...mai mee nam plik...mee tahini sauce mak mak...'

and with a glint of white teeth in a brown emaciated face holds up the prepared schwarma sandwich for inspection and appreciation...(wrapped up tightly as they do in the Gulf in the translucent paper)

mmm, mmm...good...wouldn't even wait to get home...unwrap that mother on the sidewalk and devour...

The stickmeat boy near the Ambassador on Soi 11 sells 1,200 pieces a day I hear, and quite a bit of sticky rice too.

Who knows what other sidline street activity he is involved with.

Do the math, He does very well.

He looks dirt poor to keep the "rent" low. Broken down cart, worn out shoes, etc.