Medical/Blood Laboratory Pattaya

Farang two dot zero

I done tests here before and its good price depend on what you need done and I think he do a good job.I See many foreigners there. see adress here http://lifecare.siam2web.com, When you drive against Jomtien , on your right side, Keep a look out for a big laundry sign and there you turn in that small soi.

perfect my girlfriend will call tomorrow morning wink.png

I use the lifecare lab, they are very good, and cheap.

Cost is low and the job is satisfactory, but you should avoid the toilet facilities and notably the hand towel. sick.gif

I always prepare my urine specimen at home so as to avoid having to enter their toilet at all.

There's also Advanced Life Labs, in the little plaza with Rasputin, just north of Soi 6 (ahem . . .), between Second Rd and Beach Rd. I've used them many times and even did confirmation tests at other labs. All checked out. Go along 2nd Rd, just past Soi 6 is a 7-11, Turn left here. Follow the little subsoi inside until you come out into the plaza with Rasputin. Advanced Life is on the left.

Was just there yesterday. They have an HIV test special 2 persons for 500 baht. Usual is 400 per person.

There's also Advanced Life Labs, in the little plaza with Rasputin, just north of Soi 6 (ahem . . .), between Second Rd and Beach Rd. I've used them many times and even did confirmation tests at other labs. All checked out. Go along 2nd Rd, just past Soi 6 is a 7-11, Turn left here. Follow the little subsoi inside until you come out into the plaza with Rasputin. Advanced Life is on the left.

Was just there yesterday. They have an HIV test special 2 persons for 500 baht. Usual is 400 per person.

Please check my map screenshot and can u confirm me the adress ?

711267Screenshot.jpg

Map location looks exactly right.

Please check my map screenshot and can u confirm me the adress ?

711267Screenshot.jpg

I done tests here before and its good price depend on what you need done and I think he do a good job.I See many foreigners there. see adress here http://lifecare.siam2web.com, When you drive against Jomtien , on your right side, Keep a look out for a big laundry sign and there you turn in that small soi.

"I done tests here before and its good price depend on what you need done and I think he do a good job."

Out of curiosity, how do you decide if they do a good job? Assuming that I thought that I needed to be tested for that laundry list of unpleasant diseases, I wouldn't look for a "good price" as a priority. I would think that people who feel the need to be checked for those things regularly would sometimes test positive. Does that happen very often or does everyone pass with flying colors every time? And if you test positive do they offer treatment or do you head for some "doctor" who administer medicine at bargain prices too?

I've had tests done at LifeCare Labs, (referenced above) many times, as have others I know. Results generally match tests done at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Tests they cannot do there they send to the BPH lab. They will fax or eMail your results to you, usually the evening of the day you stop by. Saves a return trip.

LifeCare is just a lab and they give you the results in a little booklet (or by email as mentioned). They do check the results and point out anything unusual but if anything important was out of the normal range you would have to go and see a doctor, which you would pay for of course. The same happens at the big clinics and hospitals: their lab does the tests and their doctor tells you what needs doing, if anything. The only difference is that you pay much more for the tests there. In that respect it's just like medicines: they are much cheaper when purchased outside the hospitals.

I had no problem getting my doctor at PIH to interpret the general blood and urine tests done by LifeCare and the results appeared to be correct, and I saved about 2000B by doing that.

Anyone doing tests for very important specific problems would be well advised to do them twice anyway, and why not in different places?

BPH is probably the best and quickest but also the most expensive.

You forgot Gonorrhea and Herpes 1&2. There is also a liver parasite that is the main cause of liver cancer in Thailand, can't remember the name though. It's not contagious.

I would say go to BPH because they have counselling.

Will Lifecare or Advanced Life do the following?

A complete blood count (CBC)

Blood chemistry tests

Blood enzyme tests

Blood tests to assess heart disease risk

Blood clotting tests

What about any other kinds of tests such as for vitamin deficiency (or is that covered above)?

(Thanks for the info)

Edit: Apologies. I've just checked Lifecare's website and seen the list of tests and their programs. Seems quite comprehensive to me, and very well priced. Much thanks for the link.

Edited by WitawatWatawit

Anyone doing tests for very important specific problems would be well advised to do them twice anyway, and why not in different places?

In this case you questioning about the seriousness of the laboratory?

Not at all.

A doctor would surely want to do two separate tests before embarking on some complex and potentially dangerous course of treatment. And if you are doing two then why not do them in two different places?

For regular preventive or check-up tests (cholesterol, PSA screening etc) once should be enough, unless a result gives cause for concern.

For those a bit confused about the directions to Lifecare:

Heading south along 3rd road towards Jomtien, cross Pattaya Tai (Tony's gym on the left), go round the bend and look for the large blue Laundry Express sign. That's the most visible landmark. Lifecare is down that soi about 20 metres (it is not that easy to see as it's just a shophouse).

• Like 1

For those a bit confused about the directions to Lifecare:

Heading south along 3rd road towards Jomtien, cross Pattaya Tai (Tony's gym on the left), go round the bend and look for the large blue Laundry Express sign. That's the most visible landmark. Lifecare is down that soi about 20 metres (it is not that easy to see as it's just a shophouse).

Exactly. That laundry sign is vital to finding the subsoi. Kind of a shopping mini-plaza area.