Can I lodge my 'proof of deposit' with my app for re-entry permit ?

Hi All,

I was going to do this on the 30th Sept - the last day of my current extension of stay stamp - but I want to get my travel sorted before then and that means a re-entry permit. I've done my 90-day report - he barely even glanced at the proof of my address etc before stamping my receipt and stapling it to my passport. I had a doctor's appointment so I just took it and left - I guess he had a job to do and as far as he was concerned that was that.

Every page on 'meeting the deposit guarantee for the first time' has something like this:

Supporting documents as proof of the security deposit in a Thai bank are as follows:

• Updated bank book or passbook
  • Bank letter stating that the money had been deposited to the account from an oversea source for not less than 2 months.

That's great but my experience at Jomtien is that you wont even get a ticket without a form - can I just show them the letter from the bank and take it from there ? Not much point getting to the re-entry permit table and being told that I need to talk to an IO - straight to the back of the queue - but if I can kill two birds with one stone I'm all for it. Appreciate your advice on this one.

Thanks in advance.

I think you did your proof of deposit way back when your one year extension was granted.

I think you may still be confused because of them doing it based upon you your funds in a foreign currency account for more than 2 months when you applied for the change of visa status.

Thanks ubonjoe but my money hadnt been in the FCD account for more than 60 days when I was granted - effectively - a 15-month extension of stay back in July. I admit that I'm confused by the way my initial request was handled, but apparently its quite common now to be granted the 15 months on condition that you return to provide proof that your deposit conditions have been met. I'm fine with that - just want to get it out of the way. I'll see if I can talk to the Farang - I think he's Belgian - who seems to help Farang out at Jomtien. The front desk really only seems to want to know what form you need and that's about it.

Sorry slightly off topic.Leaving the country for one month early Oct. Going to get my re entry form from immigration, my 90 day notification is up a week after I leave Thailand. Do I have to apply for further 90 day before I leave. Many thanks for any help

You do not have to worry about your report of staying longer than 90 days because you will leaving before the report is due.

You don't apply for anything every 90 days unless you are on 90 day extensions of stay.

Sorry again UJ looked in my passport it says on the paper it is not an extension of stay but a notify of address every 90 day

You probably have a one year extension of stay unless you are attending a language school.

You only have to do the reports if you are here for more than 90 days. Since you will leaving before your report is due your next one will be due 90 days from when you enter the country including that date in the count.