Koh Tao murders: Police free bar owners and look for ex-village headman's son

webfact

when they catch em they send e the bang kwang and the become bosses straight away for waisting falangs.

Depends on many things, for a start who wasted them, connections, financial status, physical strength, race and of course the prison guards.

This is a question I have wanbted to put out to all farang here, if you had to choose between 10 years in a Western EU prison or 1 year in a Thai prison which one would you choose?

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sean is more involved then he's letting on his story seems very weak.

"Hours after the murders Sean posted: “My mate Dave lost his life on koh Tao. We were meant to meet up when we found out we were both there at the same time but I fell asleep.

“He was killed that night. I feel f****** terrible.

“I loved you so f****** much brother. I know you tried to save her."

2. Police come forward and said they were looking for three westerners playing guitar that night playing near the crime scene? And appear to be 3 new suspects

3. Can anyone else come forward? or is there any cctv footage to say that sean was in fact out that night and not sleeping like he said he was?

4. Why is there a conflicting story where Sean has now come out and said yes he was on the beach that night playing guitar

5. There is also a quote from Montriwat saying.. "An employee of the spa has told Montriwat that she had helped to clean blood from the face and body of Mr sean who is a friend of Millers"

6. Was Montriwat hot on Sean's tale and all they wanted to do was question him some more and that's why he has fled?

7. I followed Seans facebook after the murders and i found it really strange that someone who just lost a lose mate was making posts like normal like nothing had happened? His facebook has now been disabled.

8. Is Sean linked in any other way too the two other suspects, could he have been with them on the beach that night?

This is all all arm chair speculation from different media articles I've read but worth looking into.

As far as i am aware Sean has not said he was asleep at the time of the murder, just that he was asleep when he supposed to meet up with David but not what time that was - could have been due to meet up earlier in the evening. I have a friend who i have given up meeting early on as he always turns up several hours later because he nods off.

Montriwat said he asked Mr Sean about the blood on his face and body and insisted on asking where he was that night.

Mr Sean claimed he did not go out anywhere but slept in the room, Montriwat said.

‘This is very suspicious,’ Montriwat told reporters while insisting in his innocence.

The whole keyword here is "Montriwat". This is what Montriwat claims that Sean said about his whereabouts.

it's totally understandable why the uncle would make up a story about the guitar farang, why to cover his ass and his nephews.

The fact is the uncle was running around with no shirt on CCTV camera.

I know the uncle wouldn't rape the victim but he sure could have cracked the make victim over the head with a metal object that's for sure.

Left his nephews alone who did the imaginable.

That's what I think happened that night, his nephews left, he was on CCTV camera, he went and intimated a witness.

If all this guys friends are local police why weren't they informed before 6 AM.

The uncle was on CCTV camera, he said he was woken to loud noises etc.

BS if he woke up to a murder he could go his best friend the local police to report it, he didn't!

From the beginning I knew his DNA wouldn't be there.

Edited by SirBser

"Hours after the murders Sean posted: “My mate Dave lost his life on koh Tao. We were meant to meet up when we found out we were both there at the same time but I fell asleep.

2. Police come forward and said they were looking for three westerners playing guitar that night playing near the crime scene? And appear to be 3 new suspects

3. Can anyone else come forward? or is there any cctv footage to say that sean was in fact out that night and not sleeping like he said he was?

4. Why is there a conflicting story where Sean has now come out and said yes he was on the beach that night playing guitar

5. There is also a quote from Montriwat saying.. "An employee of the spa has told Montriwat that she had helped to clean blood from the face and body of Mr sean who is a friend of Millers"

6. Was Montriwat hot on Sean's tale and all they wanted to do was question him some more and that's why he has fled?

7. I followed Seans facebook after the murders and i found it really strange that someone who just lost a lose mate was making posts like normal like nothing had happened? His facebook has now been disabled.

8. Is Sean linked in any other way too the two other suspects, could he have been with them on the beach that night?

This is all all arm chair speculation from different media articles I've read but worth looking into.

As far as i am aware Sean has not said he was asleep at the time of the murder, just that he was asleep when he supposed to meet up with David but not what time that was - could have been due to meet up earlier in the evening. I have a friend who i have given up meeting early on as he always turns up several hours later because he nods off.

Montriwat said he asked Mr Sean about the blood on his face and body and insisted on asking where he was that night.

Mr Sean claimed he did not go out anywhere but slept in the room, Montriwat said.

‘This is very suspicious,’ Montriwat told reporters while insisting in his innocence.

This sounds like nonsense, a made up blood on sean story

Hiding in Bangkok? I thought he'd be well into the jungles of Cambodia/Laos/Vietnam by now.

Thank god for all the international pressure. David and Hannah may Get some justice soon. I hope Koh Tao is cleaned up of these 'families' too but I won't hold my breath on that.

Bangkok is a jungle,,, he'd be too soft for the real jungle...

But having connections to the the scene, local business and being related to a head man which fit the obvious profile, Plus leaving the island without telling his farther soon after seems a good enough reason to track him down for a thorough investigation... so why do we just read words here why is there not a picture of the guy being circulated so if anybodies sees him we can call the authorities????

No wanted posters eh? Way to go for a major manhunt. Perhaps he needs more time to put his affairs in order, work on alibis or make good an escape. Not like he has had no warning, though no doubt the honest and hard working RTP told the press not to "report on details of the investigation" which are supplied to them on a daily basis on the record.

We all know what is happening....its 'Thai Style'. Hatred of westerners and corrupt police and system. As a frequent business traveller thru SE Asia over the last 20 years, I know that I and many of my colleagues are well and truly over Thailand and its arrogance and distain for non thais. I am sure that western travellers in general are getting the message loud and clear also. I think the Thais are hoping for the influx of Chinese tourist to sustain the future......you wait for China's response to the rape and murder of their nationals and the cover ups etc etc!!!!!.

When the Chinese government put out a 'warning' for travel and business in Thailand....it will stop immediately. With the economic weight that China wields now that will seriously hurt the Thai economy. Also with Thailand's 'friendly' relationship with the United States, in a region of the world in a geo political flux, China will be more than willing to 'punish' a 'un-friendly' nation. Just ask the many Asian nations now scared beyond belief of Chinese claims to basically the whole South China sea and the military and economic muscle flexing to 'point' this out.

Even my country the USA is quite worried about this....let alone the political basket case that is Thailand. Welcome to the future Thailand.....I don't think your going to like it very much.

A terrible situation in general for the loss of innocence lives, and I feel for the families to have to suffer thru the barbaric investigations and cover ups that is 'Thai Style'.

A disgrace!

It was reported that as Sean left the Island there was still blood on his guitar. I can't remember which report but I think possibly the Mail (not Thai reporting)

"...a new twist after the police questioned two prime suspects they earlier said have enough evidence to prove their connection."

Even though the two guys that had refused to give DNA samples. wai2.gif wai.gif

And that all changed overnight.

BTW, why refuse?

"He also said another man in the picture posted by Mr Sean is in fact a police officer who is his friend."

Of course he is...

What a disgrace.

The Scott's story doesn't ring completely true. How long was he in Thailand?

Doe's he speak such fluent Thai to understand these threats so clearly? Does the bar caretaker and the other man in the photo speak English so clearly that in such long sentences he could understand every word? Of course he would understand we will kill you but he reports "we will take you up the mountain and hang you" and much more.

Why did the police let him off the island when they don't believe his story? Open statements that he had blood on his guitar and now someone saying they helped him clean blood from his face and clothes. I'm not saying he raped or killed anyone just there is something amiss.

They speak English Or explain why they can write updates on their FB page https://www.facebook.com/acbar.kotao/posts/594762383967890?comment_id=594861247291337&offset=0&total_comments=2&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

Also a comment from independent.co.uk :

SIAMPOLEE 1 hours ago
Interesting comment here from a party who passed this on to me who has it seems knowledge of matters the police and others are trying to conceal.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Totally scared and worried, normally I wouldn't get involved but I feel I have a duty to disclose what i know here, seen too many cover ups in Thailand but this is so wrong on so many counts...I'll be trying my best to get copies into the hands of foreign police or media...there is also a photo of her head which if examined closely might, and I (or my learned forensics friend) say might suggest she was shot in the right cheek and had an exit wound on the top of her head on the left hand side, sorry to get graphic as my expert friend did but the brain splatter would indicate a gunshot wound, then the hoe attack, then the rapes.....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Btw. I saw her pictures too and was wondering about her head ... just saying...

I was told that there was apparently a story in the Thai news that mentioned one of the sons was wearing a football top on the night.

Three footballers were detained if I recall correctly - are they still being held? Any cctv or photos of footballers?

Perhaps the owner of AC found out what his son (and friends) had done. His natural instinct would be to try to protect his sons, but after doing so he may find himself on the way to prison as well.

It must be terrible to find out your son(s) are vile, disgusting, feral animals. But then again he probably knew that for a long time already.

The children of rich people are the scourge of this country. In fact same goes for the entire planet...

It was reported that as Sean left the Island there was still blood on his guitar. I can't remember which report but I think possibly the Mail (not Thai reporting)

"We watched as petrified Sean spent the morning in hiding on this tiny island.

With blood, from a recent accident, still on his guitar he packed up the stuff he could carry in his black rucksack.

He was smuggled onboard the 3pm ferry to nearby Koh Samui from the island.

From there he planned to fly 350 miles to the capital Bangkok."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/terrified-pal-murdered-brit-pair-4303495#ixzz3EDCtFZWf

This is a good example of ... When things go wrong in Thailand they go very wrong!

This is a safe country until it happens to you and then everything goes out if control quickly.

Sean and the poor Brits (RIP) experienced this first hand.

You can not count on the police to assist as they maybe on the take with the locals.

OMG! Could this mean it may have been a Thai man after all? But I thought the GOV said no Thai is capable of such an act so it had to be a foreigner?

With respect wouldn't it better if you came up with some evidence to support your claim rather than just make unsupported accusation.

TheThais are thrashing about figuring who they can pin this on and not have him rat any others out.

Look, they don't need to rat any others out, OK? Nobody talked about eradicating the island mafia or such unrealistic nonsense. But they want the guy who has done this. I think they mean business this time, and the resolve of criminals faced with determined opposition will usually melt quickly. This was just one size too large. Killers roaming the islands with bloody hoes, the President has said NO

Sean sounds like a guy with the guilty conscience. I'm not saying he is a murderer but I'm almost certain that he played a part in the whole mess. What baffles me the most is the fact that the investigators were not able to ascertain whether Hannah was raped or not.

What the Murder of Two British Tourists Tells Us About Thailand’s Dark Side

http://time.com/3420299/thailand-koh-tao-murder-hannah-witheridge-david-miller/

Savage killings on Koh Tao lay bare the dichotomy between Thailand’s palm-fringed image and its underbelly of violence and fumbling justice

The brutal murder of British tourists Hannah Witheridge, 23, and David Miller, 24, on the Thai resort island of Koh Tao, has reverberated around the world.

Beach cleaners discovered the Britons’ naked bodies 20 m apart by rocks on idyllic Sairee Beach on Sept. 15. A bloodstained garden hoe, commonly used by beachside bars to dig fire pits, was found nearby and has now been confirmed as the principal murder weapon, along with a wooden club.

The existence of two weapons has “made us believe that there are at least two attackers,” the deputy national police chief, Police General Somyot Pumpanmuang, told reporters Monday.

Witheridge died from severe head wounds while Miller died from blows to the head and drowning, according to the Thai forensics department. Although there were signs of sexual activity, investigators have not ascertained whether Witheridge was raped...

when they catch em they send e the bang kwang and the become bosses straight away for waisting falangs.

Depends on many things, for a start who wasted them, connections, financial status, physical strength, race and of course the prison guards.

This is a question I have wanbted to put out to all farang here, if you had to choose between 10 years in a Western EU prison or 1 year in a Thai prison which one would you choose?

" had to choose between 10 years in a Western EU prison "

definately Norway ( although not an EU member )

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/feb/25/norwegian-prison-inmates-treated-like-people

post-149848-0-32852100-1411539993_thumb.

Edited by Asiantravel

Nobody wondering how fast the DNA tests were done? I thought they test the DNA somewhere else... Amazing Thailand...

1. How long does it take to receive results from the paternity test?
    It typically takes about 3-4 working days to complete the testing. In cases where the mother's sample is not included or when an abnormal/difficult sample is used, testing may require more time.

OMG! Could this mean it may have been a Thai man after all? But I thought the GOV said no Thai is capable of such an act so it had to be a foreigner?

With respect wouldn't it better if you came up with some evidence to support your claim rather than just make unsupported accusation.

"came up with some evidence to support your claim"

Where, pray tel from, his ars_?

cheesy.gif

99.9999999999999999% of this thread is full of "unsupported accusation(s)"

TIT

Sean sounds like a guy with the guilty conscience. I'm not saying he is a murderer but I'm almost certain that he played a part in the whole mess. What baffles me the most is the fact that the investigators were not able to ascertain whether Hannah was raped or not.

What the Murder of Two British Tourists Tells Us About Thailand’s Dark Side

http://time.com/3420299/thailand-koh-tao-murder-hannah-witheridge-david-miller/

Savage killings on Koh Tao lay bare the dichotomy between Thailand’s palm-fringed image and its underbelly of violence and fumbling justice

The brutal murder of British tourists Hannah Witheridge, 23, and David Miller, 24, on the Thai resort island of Koh Tao, has reverberated around the world.

Beach cleaners discovered the Britons’ naked bodies 20 m apart by rocks on idyllic Sairee Beach on Sept. 15. A bloodstained garden hoe, commonly used by beachside bars to dig fire pits, was found nearby and has now been confirmed as the principal murder weapon, along with a wooden club.

The existence of two weapons has “made us believe that there are at least two attackers,” the deputy national police chief, Police General Somyot Pumpanmuang, told reporters Monday.

Witheridge died from severe head wounds while Miller died from blows to the head and drowning, according to the Thai forensics department. Although there were signs of sexual activity, investigators have not ascertained whether Witheridge was raped...

I do think that Sean might have some informations that we do not know about. Question is however, if he have tried to share this information, but with the wrong people.

So many questions remain unanswered at least for the public, question is for what reason.

With respect, (thesetat) has made only a statement with no associated accusation. Perhaps you should research the multiple reports that (thesetat) has pulled from in order to support such a statement. Should only take you a few minutes...

I was told that there was apparently a story in the Thai news that mentioned one of the sons was wearing a football top on the night.

Three footballers were detained if I recall correctly - are they still being held? Any cctv or photos of footballers?

Perhaps the owner of AC found out what his son (and friends) had done. His natural instinct would be to try to protect his sons, but after doing so he may find himself on the way to prison as well.

It must be terrible to find out your son(s) are vile, disgusting, feral animals. But then again he probably knew that for a long time already.

The children of rich people are the scourge of this country. In fact same goes for the entire planet...

One of the videos showed three men/boys wearing football style shirts, but I don't recall the link. Maybe someone else recalls it and will post it here. It was in one of the videos showing one of the victims, out and about on that night.

Here, in the first video.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thailand-beach-murders-final-cctv-4291808

I've not seen any reports of them being involved in any way though.

Edited by culicine

I find it hard to believe that there where only two people involved but This is Thailand me think more then just two

I think the same, but i somehow also believe that it will end up being 1 man who will take the fall.

I think three for sure. My guess is ... The two sons who fled to bkk raped and killed the girl and the uncle who killed the brit guy and has been trying to cover this up makes three. It all makes sense if you follow the facts and not what the uncle is trying to say (as he is involved and maybe the one who killed the Brit ).

I think the police have turned over a new leaf and are going to pursue this case, no matter where or who it leads to. I believe it is because the army has their back; both to support them and to keep them on the straight and narrow path of righteousness.

If they can bring in the guilty parties and make a credible case against them (no matter who is their father), it will go a long way to restoring respect and confidence in the RTP.

You say the police have turned a new leaf regarding the case? Sure after nearly 2 weeks of trying to set people up, ignore the fact Thais could be involved, local enforcement probably covering things up, ignoring help from outside such as the FBI and having the entire world breaking their balls, good on them... thumbsup.gif

Sorry but I have no respect for them whatsoever, they handled this in a typical Thai manner, it was a circus and laughing stock, horrific images were leaked, the crime scene was a shambles with regards to how it was fenced off and investigated, the GENERAL and his outstanding bikini comment and who can forget blaming the victims friend on the grounds he was a potential homosexual. Yep, looks like Koh Tao and the rest of Thailand has a booming future

Anyone thats followed this case from the start, can clearly see the police did everything in their power to protect the killers and try to frame a scapegoat. Why anybody has any praise for this institution is quite beyond me. Considering that most reactions immediately after hearing of the crime location fingered the likely perps, the polices 2 weeks to get there and letting them run away isn't going to win any awards. Far worse than useless, and criminal charges must be brought against all the island police. life imprisonment for aiding and abetting murder, obstructing an investigation, hang em.

There is an old but true saying. Never put down to malice what could be stupidity. I think true in this case

Very true. Even if they catch the perps, the failure of those involved in any real investigation should be held to account. but it wont happen. Just think of all the murders that have not convicted the killers, with no publicity its all forgotten

or worse innocents in jail like. I know one young ozzie guy who was framed 14 years ago for murder.