Probe into Khon Kaen raid after police deny taking cash, gamblers

webfact

LOL......forget the debate about what happened . It's rather simple to understand....police took the money, the cars and anything else they could take.

If you know Thailand ....you know this.

LOL.... I wonder what you said when it was announced that Tesco overstated profits by 250 billion pounds?

Edited by thailiketoo

There's always been rivalry between both organisations and now the BIB are very much under military direction so this report has the potential for serious, escalating consequences if open conflict starts and the police decide it's time to start flexing their muscles.

I do think that in a pissing contest the BIB would lose...badly.

The Army Colonel says his Lt-Colonel carried out the raid under strict procedures to avoid (widening or creating?) cracks between the police and the Army in connection with their raids on illegal activities such as land encroachment and other corrupt activities. The Lt-Colonel shows his phone log to prove he phoned the Police Commander who says his men were not informed prior to the raid (no they were informed after to stop police tipping off their paying friends) and anyway when his men who were not informed just happened to show up the numpties with their black jackets emblazoned with 'Police' on the back the same as the ones your average loser teenager or security guard wears saw some army trucks outside.

These numpties are told to go away by the Lt.-Colonel who has gathered up 20 car keys and 310,000 baht which he hands over to the police who even though not informed, nevertheless turn up and the whole scene filmed by one of the news stations for good measure.

Even in the face of this overwhelming evidence the police deny getting the money or the cars or the 37 suspects arrested. We mustn't upset our mafia hi so friends of course so it never happened.

This place is descending into a cheap comic where the stories are just absurd. The sad fact is that they believe the average person is that stupid not to understand what is going on or it is just some reality TV game where the players are powerless to do anything but eat the stools they are served up, least of all object. Thai society?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

I hope you don't think this is over. Already the new PM is making statements about curbing the power and influence of local mafia. This subject came up because of the Ko Tao murders investigation. The army, which holds unchallenged power now, is not going to let some local police commander make them look like liars and fools. This will be handled the Thai way, meaning mostly through back channels, which probably won't satisfy most readers of TVF. I expect the police commander to be posted to an inactive post in Nakhon Nowhere and the local mafia/puppeteer to quietly make restitution. You won't read about any apologies.

This new government has just begun and they have long-range planning skills. Stay tuned for the eventual crackdown on local mafia once the government gets its ducks in a row. Slowly, slowly catchee monkey.