Passport Pictures: UK Compliant

NanLaew

I need new passport photos for my son and myself. Usually I have gotten these at the print shop in the Wave plaza opposite the British Embassy in Bangkok as they know all the requirements. Is there a print or photo shop in Pattaya that knows the vagaries of what is required, does what their told and can do the same?

I had some fun with a passport photo shop in Udon where the owner, despite being told not to do it, insisted on 'photoshopping' the originals, making myself progressively younger and the wife more white. Not a worry with visa applications for Malaysia and the like but a big issue with countries like the UK that do use the image data biometrics as part of the identification procedure.

Thanks,

NL

Edited by NanLaew

Photo shop on Nuen Plub Wan. If you are coming from the Sukhumvit, over railway, past petrol station on the right, after approximately 500 meters on the left hand side - look up for a big yellow Kodak sign. If you get to the baby shop on the right hand side you have gone too far. Sorry I have not got their card with me so no phone number. Good luck.

The Kodak shop on Jomtien Beach Road near the corner of Soi 5 does all mine cheaply enough and I have never had a problem with the UK passport authorities with the photos. You just need to remember to specify a white background colour and ask for no retouching.

The Kodak shop on Jomtien Beach Road near the corner of Soi 5 does all mine cheaply enough and I have never had a problem with the UK passport authorities with the photos. You just need to remember to specify a white background colour and ask for no retouching.

Actually;

• taken against a plain cream or light grey background

But +1 for the Kodak shop in Nernplubwan.

I have just renewed my passport I got it back on the 17/09/14 (it only took 4 weeks a 5 day to process) ....I got my Photos at a Thai photo copy shop at Ban Amphur it only took her 5 minute and it was accepted by the UK Passport authorities ....and only cost 100 baht for 6 passport size photos

I got mine done at Passport Office in Liverpool. 4 for 5 pounds in an office booth. The first lot were deemed substandard because flash reflected off my glasses. Second lot cost a further fiver. Moral - Rip-Off Britain is still alive and kicking.

I thought that you had to take your glasses off in the photos so that the face recognition systems could read your face when using the e-passport machines

• Like 1

I got mine done at Passport Office in Liverpool. 4 for 5 pounds in an office booth. The first lot were deemed substandard because flash reflected off my glasses. Second lot cost a further fiver. Moral - Rip-Off Britain is still alive and kicking.

You're not supposed to wear your specs in passport photos these days.

Moral = "Ting tong farang is alive and kicking in the UK"

• 6 months later...

I just went to make passport photo's at the Camera Big Shop Tesco Lotus Sukhumvit Pattaya a few weeks ago. De EU uses biometric photo requirements. We told the shop what we needed and for what purpose. The shop just increased the prices because of their digitil skills and new technics. When we arrived at the embassy the photo's did not meet any of the requirements and we where forced to had new once made again. Back in Pattaya we confronted the manager/owner of the Camera Big Shop and asked for an refund. No,No and No....brutallity. 500 bath down the drain and we had to pay another 500 bath in Bankok for the new photo's. We just come a lot at this Pattaya shop, but they will never see us again.